• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
UDQ028A.jpg

SSw5Rt5.jpg

First time since 1918 did the Red Sox win the World Series in Boston. So thats something I guess...but the real news is the offseason has started!

zGvvN5a.gif

Offseason News
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/
http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/mlb/

Key Dates:
NOVEMBER 11
Rookies of the Year Awards
NOVEMBER 12
Manager of the Year Awards
NOVEMBER 13
Cy Young Awards
NOVEMBER 14
Most Valuable Player Awards
MARCH 22-23, 2014
Opening Series in Sydney, Australia: Dodgers vs. D-backs
MARCH 30, 2014
Opening Night
MARCH 31, 2014
Opening Day

Good Night Sweet Prince

The Angels have informed teams that they would be willing to trade Peter Bourjos and Mark Trumbo in exchange for pitching. Teams are definitely interested in Trumbo.

zychi

Banned
KOJIIIIIIII UEHARAAAAAAAAA!

FUCK ST LOUIS!

PAPI FIRST DH TO EVER MAKE THE HOF!

BESTFANS ARE MOST RACIST FANS!!!!

NO ONE AT THE BAR I WAS AT WAS AS EXCITED AS I WAS!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
This is probably going to be a boring offseason in Atlanta. Biggest move they'll make will probably be trading for a bullpen piece.

hemtae

I'm not sure if I want the Red Sox to pay the massive amount of money that Ellsbury is going to get. We'll probably move Victorino to CF and use Gomes/Nava.

jbug617

Banned
Early Odds for 2014

Los Angeles Dodgers 5-1
Detroit Tigers 8-1
Washington Nationals 9-1
St. Louis Cardinals 10-1
Boston Red Sox 12-1
Cincinnati Reds 15-1
Los Angeles Angels 15-1
Oakland Athletics 15-1
New York Yankees 16-1
Texas Rangers 16-1
Atlanta Braves 17-1
San Francisco Giants 22-1
Pittsburgh Pirates 25-1
Baltimore Orioles 28-1
Cleveland Indians 28-1
Tampa Bay Rays 29-1
Kansas City Royals 35-1
Chicago White Sox 40-1
Philadelphia Phillies 40-1
Arizona Diamondbacks 45-1
Toronto Blue Jays 45-1
Chicago Cubs 60-1
Seattle Mariners 65-1
Colorado Rockies 70-1
San Diego Padres 70-1
Milwaukee Brewers 75-1
New York Mets 115-1
Miami Marlins 125-1
Minnesota Twins 125-1
Houston Astros 250-1

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...odgers-are-favorites-to-win-2014-world-series

zychi

Banned
I'm not sure if I want the Red Sox to pay the massive amount of money that Ellsbury is going to get. We'll probably move Victorino to CF and use Gomes/Nava.

he's gonnna be a cub. theo is in love with jac-o-by. he'll get hurt, it'll be soriano alllll over again

also, i wont 2500 for betting on the sawx back in march 25-1! wooo

Syrinx

Interested to see how Sandy approaches this offseason for the Mets. There doesn't really seem to be any major pieces to trade. On the plus side though, lots of money coming off the books this year. But this is a piss-weak free agent class.

Early Odds for 2014

How in the hell are the Angels so fucking high?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to the Twins offseason roller coaster. I'm in the hope stage but waiting with baited breath to see what dumpsters Terry Ryan finds new pitchers for the team in. I really want them to make a run at Tanaka but I doubt they do. I'd kind of like them to sign Phil Hughes (this is how bad the pitching is, people) or Ubaldo Jiminez and maybe try to get Josh Johnson on a deal with a ton of incentives (he's one of us!). Other than that I just hope they don't do something stupid, but I'd be interested if they could trade for David Price without giving up Buck, Sano, or Meyer.

Hahahaha. See what I mean? Look at all this hope. Can't wait to see Chris Capuano and Aaron Harang in Twinstripes!

Sanjuro

Hey, driving back now.

Started talking baseball. The person I just hooked up with was nine years old when we won in 2004.

Holy ghost of Grady.

Sanjuro

I like Matheny, but he left some fucking rookie out there to die while giving up six earned runs in an elimination World Series game...all while Bobby Valentine needs work!

KOJIIIIIIII UEHARAAAAAAAAA!

FUCK ST LOUIS!

PAPI FIRST DH TO EVER MAKE THE HOF!

BESTFANS ARE MOST RACIST FANS!!!!

NO ONE AT THE BAR I WAS AT WAS AS EXCITED AS I WAS!

...so uh.

How did you end up being a Hawks and Red Sox fan

Chicago White Sox 40-1

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fuck. That is way too high.

If I have to hear one more time about how Boston hasn't won a World Series at home in 95 years, I'm going to flip the fuck out.

Shut the fuck up, you turds. Nobody gives a shit.

clemenx

Banned
I don't know if I would find more funny any other team signing Cano or the Yankees dishing out yet another stupid contract.

Oh yeah, no Harvey next year, baseball sucks :(

ReMaKe

Reposting in new thread.

Big questions for the winter stove.

1. Should the Red Sox keep Ellsbury at what many believe to be 140+M 7+Y
2 Should the Red Sox keep S.Drew?
3. Shuld the Red Sox sign Brian Mccann? (Let Salty go?)
4. If we let J. Ellsbury leave, Should the Red Sox consider Jackie Bradley Jr as the 3rd OF for next year? Or should they go for a Carlos Beltran/

I'm okay with letting J. Ellsbury, Drew, and Salty go. Bring up Jackie, sign Brian Mccann, and of course X. Bogaerts at SS.

Top Bottom