• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

BFIB

So the Cards give the Sox their first WS win in 86 years.

The Cards then give the Sox their first home win for the WS in 95 years.

3h4xv.gif

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
New manager, same chokers
Come on, this is a pretty lazy analysis. The Tigers (I begrudgingly admit) have a lot of great pieces in place. They just have a terrible middle relief corps and brutal defense. If they can shore those things up (and let's not forget they have an owner who is willing to spend big) I'd be willing to bet there's an 8 to 1 chance I'm puking my brains out at the World Series next year.

Come on, this is a pretty lazy analysis. The Tigers (I begrudgingly admit) have a lot of great pieces in place. They just have a terrible middle relief corps and brutal defense. If they can shore those things up (and let's not forget they have an owner who is willing to spend big) I'd be willing to bet there's an 8 to 1 chance I'm puking my brains out at the World Series next year.

It really shows. Thanks Prince

This offseason is going to be another austere one for Yankees fans, I believe...and that's okay. Depending on what happens with A-Rod, we can hopefully have a season where we not only compete to get a playoff spot (and maybe get healthy enough for long enough to actually get one), but also continue to get $$$ off the books so we can go HAM in free agency.

If the Yankees can get Tex and CC right again, that'll go a long way in keeping things manageable until they start eating planets again.

Sanjuro

Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson 54m

Congrats to the Boston Red Sox owners, players and fans on winning the World Series!

Thanks, Magic!

3N16MA

Banned
Arbitration eligible players: Yankees

David Robertson (5.070): $5.5MM
Brett Gardner (5.072): $4MM
Ivan Nova (3.024): $2.8MM
Shawn Kelley (4.128): $1.5MM
Jayson Nix (4.127): $1.4MM
Francisco Cervelli (3.146): $1MM
Chris Stewart (3.091): $1MM

Projections via MLBTR

Malo

Banned
Arbitration eligible players: Yankees

David Robertson (5.070): $5.5MM
Brett Gardner (5.072): $4MM
Ivan Nova (3.024): $2.8MM
Shawn Kelley (4.128): $1.5MM
Jayson Nix (4.127): $1.4MM
Francisco Cervelli (3.146): $1MM
Chris Stewart (3.091): $1MM

Projections via MLBTR
Robertson needs to be locked up, and if Stewart and Nix are tendered a contract I will murder a kitten.

3N16MA

Banned
Robertson needs to be locked up, and if Stewart and Nix are tendered a contract I will murder a kitten.

Robertson and Gardner need to be extended. Yanks need to dump that stupid rule and stop allowing their own guys to hit the market before going into contract negotiations.

eznark

Banned
Brewers are basically already at $80m. They aren't going to do shit this off season.

Anyone want Rickie Weeks?

Malo

Banned
Robertson and Gardner need to be extended. Yanks need to dump that stupid rule and stop allowing their own guys to hit the market before going into contract negotiations.
I rather them wait it out with Gardner as his type doesn't usually make a ton in free agency. I agree with you about that rule. It's a dumb fucking rule and they usually end up paying more in free agency for it.

Garza doesn't require draft pick compensation, right? I wouldn't mind the Yankees making a run at him if they lose out on Tanaka.

3N16MA

Banned
I rather them wait it out with Gardner as his type doesn't usually make a ton in free agency. I agree with you about that rule. It's a dumb fucking rule and they usually end up paying more in free agency for it.

Garza doesn't require draft pick compensation, right? I wouldn't mind the Yankees making a run at him if they lose out on Tanaka.

Garza and Nolasco won't require a pick.

Wonder if the Cardinals will be trading Shelby Miller.

I'd be pretty pissed to be honest. When they started warming him up in the bottom of the 8th last night, it seemed like Matheny was just trolling everyone.

Parch

Blue Jays hire Kevin Seitzer as their hitting coach.

Scrappy player, but I'm not sure what he brings as a coach.
I'm hoping he's a boot camp drill sargeant that'll bring some plate discipline and maybe stop those clowns from acting like a bunch of twelve year olds.

I think the Nats gave us glimpse of what's to come at the end of last season.

It's gonna be a good year for Nats fans, I think.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So... what's the draft class for 2015 look like? >_>

I'm hoping the Astros make a bit of a splash this off-season. Gotta get started now when the gettin's good. Because in 2-3 years time.... Top of the world! (Or at least the playoffs) #BelieveinLuhnow

3N16MA

Banned
7.38 K/9, 2.10 BB/9, 1.05 HR/9, 4.37 ERA, 3.76 FIP, 3.75 xFIP

7.44 K/9, 2.73 BB/9, 1.03 HR/9, 3.84 ERA, 3.98 FIP, 4.00 xFIP

#1 is Nolasco who's peripherals say he pitches better than his ERA during his career. #2 is Garza who's peripherals pretty much line up with his ERA.

Nolasco has a FIP- of 92 while Garza is at 97 for his career which means Garza is closer to league average and Nolsco is better.

Nolasco is only 1 year older and will most likely get a shorter contract with a lower per season average.

Top Bottom