• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

norm9

giphy.webp

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I feel for Rich Hill though.. he was nasty today and getting pulled like that sucks.

I want to Houston to rock Maeda just because I hate pulling pitchers early.

bosh

Feel bad for the reliever, not an experience you want to remember I'm the world series. Astros been huge the last three innings

Can’t believe they choked this one

Beating verlander would have been so huge

panicking and going to Jansen for 6 outs might have been a mistake..

Raziel

Can’t believe they choked this one

Beating verlander would have been so huge

panicking and going to Jansen for 6 outs might have been a mistake..

Either that or not going to him sooner. Inherited runner in the 8th was big.

This game is over btw (McCarthy).

Raziel

As badly as the Dodgers bullpen shat the bed, Roberts deserves some blame as well. Hill or Maeda had to be stretched a little longer.

Amory

Man Roberts screwed it up. Should've gone to Wood rather than this jackass. Needed to get this game

As badly as the Dodgers bullpen shat the bed, Roberts deserves some blame as well. Hill or Maeda had to be stretched a little longer.
Yeah Hill especially looked great. He had at least 1 more inning if not 2

Sun Drugs

He pulled Kershaw a bit too early too yesterday IMO. He had like 80 pitches. Yes, it worked out, but you could potentially have had Kershaw go longer and a fresher Morrow and Jansen tonight

SSPssp

I'm new Baseball and only watched it because I'm from Houston, are home games that much more advantageous? Sorry for noob question, thanks!

Absolutely, a big advantage is that you get to bat last every inning so you know what you need. Also every park has different dimensions so you know your field the best both on hitting and pitching. We're gonna win!

av2k

Absolutely, a big advantage is that you get to bat last every inning so you know what you need. Also every park has different dimensions so you know your field the best both on hitting and pitching. We're gonna win!

Awesome. Thanks for the explanation!

yrba1

I'm new Baseball and only watched it because I'm from Houston, are home games that much more advantageous? Sorry for noob question, thanks!

For World Series games, crowd noise does factor in but it also comes down to how the team is built to handle NL and AL rules; NL rules have the pinch hitter rule whereas AL rules have the designated hitter (DH) rule.

Ultimately, it comes down to how the managers handle their pitching staff; Dave Roberts was insistent in keeping Hill and Cingrani fresh and rotating the bullpen but that cost us the game; should've set his usual procedures aside and kept them going.

It's gonna be tough going in to Houston if the Dodgers are burnt out.

trembli0s

Absolutely insane game, we had everything: a flat bill saving potential runs, a dude licking his fucking bat, 2 blown saves, extra innings, a wild pick off pitch off the ump's leg, massive homers, a bullpen parade, etc.

Holy shit

Luschient

Go check out a game at Minute Maid next season. Live baseball is great. Especially in between beer, nachos, hot dogs, etc.

Line_HTX

Minute Maid Park is without question the undisputed best home field after that absolutely historic World Series Game 5 last night. Cannot ask for a better venue and crowd than that.

Top Bottom