• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

scabro

mynicca1.png

Well, preferably no people that are Machida nuthuggers just cause he's part of some Street Fighter fantasy for them. But other than that, yeah, everyone.
I just did a quick Google search and only read the little card on the side, I can't be arsed to read the whole Wikipedia entry:

6pvZVBz.png

This tells me that he's mixed race. I'll try not to hang on his nutsack.
Absolutely.
Alright.
Pro-GSP or Anti-GSP as well.
ObXb4xf.png

Based soley on this card, I'm going to say Pro.
bean how do you feel about PED's?

necessary evil or necessary evil?
I don't like PEDs.

Plywood do these folks know you watch Pro Wrestling and discuss it online?
While we're getting all this info about you, lets ask a personality question - if you ran a fight promotion, how many ambulances would you keep on hand at the venue?
Is this a trick question?

I take it that this actually happened? In my mind, I'm picturing a corner man closing up a wound with Krazy Glue and I have to believe that it would work pretty well. So yes, it's acceptable.

Well then no.

Is there a large Canadian presence here?

Re: the ambulance - I was referencing a local event a few of us here watched where the fights had to be delayed because there was only one ambulance on hand and it had to drive a fighter to the hospital. They couldn't let anyone fight until the ambulance returned.

Gr1mlock was referencing an event held in Brazil where a corner man was treating a cut on a fighter's face with glue and accidentally got the glue in fighter's eye. The fighter's eyelid was glued shut, he could only see out of one eye, and as a result the fight was ruled no contest.

Re: the ambulance - I was referencing a local event a few of us here watched where the fights had to be delayed because there was only one ambulance on hand and it had to drive a fighter to the hospital. They couldn't let anyone fight until the ambulance returned.

Gr1mlock was referencing an event held in Brazil where a corner man was treating a cut on a fighter's face and accidentally got in his eye, his eyelid was glued shut, he could only see out of one eye, and as a result the fight was ruled no contest.

I think I'm going to like this sport.

The MMA schedule in the OP says the next event is Bellator this Friday, what do you guys discuss in the meantime?

Heel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvTX5EA-fvg

On April 12 at Watch Out Combat Show 24 in Rio de Janeiro, Carlos Alberto Lobo (2-0) returned to his corner after the second round of his fight. As officials worked to reaffix an advertising banner to a cage post above him, some of the adhesive dripped onto the fighter’s eye. Lobo immediately rubbed it, assuming it was Vaseline, and the damage was done.

Extra light, fingers, gloves, gauze pads, scissors and brute force couldn’t get the eye to fully reopen, so Lobo’s bout with fellow featherweight Marcos Nene (0-1) was waved off.

A restless crowd then booed the final verdict. While initially declared a no-contest, Lobo had won the first two rounds on the judges’ cards, so he ultimately was awarded the technical unanimous-decision win.

One of Nerd Chat's greatest hits.

scabro

I think I'm going to like this sport.

The MMA schedule in the OP says the next event is Bellator this Friday, what do you guys discuss in the meantime?

we occasionally like to have spirited discussions as to what humanoid organisms Ronda Rousey might or might not be able to armbar.

also, what are your feelings about Poland, as it relates to America's standing as greatest country in the world?

I believe it was the Dakota Fighting Championship Winter Brawl 2012 or 2013. We were in the event chat and they were actually reading our comments during the hour long break. Of course, MMA GAF were the only ones watching but it was still cool.

I believe it was the Dakota Fighting Championship Winter Brawl 2012 or 2013. We were in the event chat and they were actually reading our comments during the hour long break. Of course, MMA GAF were the only ones watching but it was still cool.

"CAN I GET A SHOUT OUT TO MY MAN POLY!"

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Am I the only one here who's not interested in Bloodborne? Is it another one of those games that'll generate a whole bunch of references in Nerd Chat where I'll just have to smile and "lol" while being totally ignorant about it?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Am I the only one here who's not interested in Bloodborne? Is it another one of those games that'll generate a whole bunch of references in Nerd Chat where I'll just have to smile and "lol" while being totally ignorant about it?

Yes. I apologize for all the fun I will have that you wont.

Kideos and human cock fighting were the first hobbies I cut.

My gaming consists of running Furmark or Heaven and adjusting the fan profile while slanging Pokemons.

industrian

I guess it comes down to not having a PS4, lack of interest in buying a PS4, and my very casual interest in the Souls games.

That and only having a mid-range laptop on hand with me.

scabro

Friends, this article about Strange Brew from TUF season one is great. I highly recommend giving it a read: http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/24/8259545/in-search-of-strange-brew

"The gauntlet is done and I hope to get the nod of approval when suddenly I learn that there is a new challenger who I must face or there is no way I get to fight Chris," he says. "The man who stepped into the ring — Dana White, all geared up ready to go. ‘I’m not putting my name on the line to vouch for you until I see for myself if you can fight,’ he told me."

Thacker says White surprised him with his footwork, hand speed and punching power. But then the face of the UFC — who galvanized the season when he delivered his "do you want to be a fucking fighter" speech at a moment of near mutiny — threw a lazy jab.

"Bam! I make him pay with a looping right that circles over the top of his jab before he can bring it back," Thacker says. "The shot breaks his balance and he has to take an extra step forward. He takes it like a real fighter, nods his head to acknowledge the shot and soldiers forward. Nothing else of significance happens before the closing bell. Dana now vouches for me and the fight is on."

skip1.png

I wonder if getting starched by a guy with no training other than punching hay bales is what made Dana reconsider fighting Tito.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Brock just announced he's returning to the
WWE
. He is done with
MMA
. Played
Dana White
like a fiddle.

scabro

so huge news just broke in the mma world

kelvin gastelum vs nate mardquart at ufc 188 at middleweight, great fight

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
McGregor said:
Thankfully the fight is in Nevada. Thankfully, we are in a new age of the sport. Thankfully, the Nevada State Athletic Commission are doing out of competition testing. We are not in Brazil now.
Aldo said:
I want him to be drug tested every week. I know he always used PEDs. No one makes weight like McGregor without doing it. I also want for me to be tested every week. In Ireland they don't have athletic commission, and they don't have any rules.
Even when they're going all out to hype a fight the Ultimate won't pony up the cash to hire more than one writer.

MjFrancis

Brock just announced he's returning to the
WWE
. He is done with
MMA
. Played
Dana White
like a fiddle.
If I had the option to perform grueling stunts every week or get punched in the face twice a year, I take the stunts every time. At least for the money he will make.

industrian

So now that Brock has forgone any possibility of returning to the UFC, when will we see the next "Brock may return to UFC" article?

I give it three months.

Top Bottom