• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

It's looking great so far.

And now even better

C6gEUbdUIAAqmdh.jpg

Yair "Legend Killer" Rodriguez. Seriously though why such a big jump up to Frankie who is ranked #2. Rodriguez should smash on the likes of Anthony Pettis.

McKenzie Dern missed weight again, that's 2 in a row. She needs another highlight submission and move to 145 at Bellator or UFC.

Crooked ass Brazilian fighters strike again . Use her faaa ... fine thick ass to get her opponent to the ground and put in some gnarly hold.

She gets away with the weight cut because she's popular and these shoddy organizations can't do anything about it. Maybe UFC takes her but they'll pay her peanuts until she gets the weight cut in check.

I didn't realize Dern is fighting in the 115 weight class. 135 is way too far off for her to fight in. She's way too short for 135 and her booty is too big for 115.

WME should just create a 125 division for her and give her a belt like with Rousey.

125 would be extremely popular as you'd have chicks with curves that don't have giant arms and shoulders.

When I worked at my uncle's auto shop as a teenager over the summers back in the day, the co-owner was this Korean dude who spoke with a super thick accent, and myself, my uncle and most of the other employees would find ourselves subconsciously speaking to him with the same accent. I guess for some reason it just seemed like it would make it easier to communicate.

Yup. Gonna say that accent, inflection, even speech patterns can end up being subconciously mirrored. Some do it more or faster than others but it's a pretty common thing.

It even happens regionally within the same country (for countries large enough to have a bunch of regional accents). It's why some people will even have a heavy *insert language accent here* bend to the way they speak even when they don't speak *inserted language*.

Chesskid1

Banned
i dont really care about khabib vs tony specifically, i just want to see khabib vs the strongest opponent as possible and tony is really really up there. too bad.

it's just so damn intriguing watching khabib!

UtLfvtW.png

not that terrible of a card this weekend! i know someone in every fight on the main card! (except that formiga fight) that's pretty good

Banglish

i dont really care about khabib vs tony specifically, i just want to see khabib vs the strongest opponent as possible and tony is really really up there. too bad.

it's just so damn intriguing watching khabib!

UtLfvtW.png

not that terrible of a card this weekend! i know someone in every fight on the main card! (except that formiga fight) that's pretty good

Formiga vs. Borg will be a scrap. Borg is an animal on the ground, as is Formiga.

brentech

Seems like Khabib should move to 170 instead of making the big cut.

Cutting weight by going into a sauna in a sweatsuit is the lowest form of professionalism.

Syder

Seems like Khabib should move to 170 instead of making the big cut.

Cutting weight by going into a sauna in a sweatsuit is the lowest form of professionalism.
Apparently he wasn't getting any blood to his liver on weigh-in day, that is simply fucked. There's nothing professional about a regime that ends in you having to be hospitalised. Perhaps he should aim to have a lower walk around weight and give himself like 20-30% less weight to cut in that final week because how can this guy be one of the major players in the division when you never know if he's even going to make it to the octagon.

Mega

Banned
Haha, I just looked into this accent thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npfa4i8ws5M

I don't really think she's faking. When you're immerse yourself in a culture, region etc. and are surrounded by an accent, you tend to pick up on it after a while. Some peoples' minds are more malleable than others.

Don't think it's fake either. I had a childhood friend who would go to Britain for months at a time and would come back to NY with an accent. It just happens.

Syder

I don't really think she's faking. When you're immerse yourself in a culture, region etc. and are surrounded by an accent, you tend to pick up on it after a while. Some peoples' minds are more malleable than others.
I spent my childhood in Britain surrounded by Irish accents and have lived in Ireland for months at a time at various points in my life and have never picked up the accent at all. However, I know a girl that lived in Britain all her life, moved to Dubai and a year later has a thick 'Middle-Eastern' accent and, from my perception, it doesn't sound faked at all.

BadAss2961

With all the fuss, I expected the change in accent to be thicker... I was waiting for her to sound more like Cris Cyborg or Amanada Nunes. This is clearly just a case of hanging with Brazilians.

SteveWD40

With all the fuss, I expected the change in accent to be thicker... I was waiting for her to sound more like Cris Cyborg or Amanada Nunes. This is clearly just a case of hanging with Brazilians.

Her instagram is almost entirely in Portugese and she often seems like she doesn't actually speak English as a first language now. I think there is some level of pandering there to the image.

Top Bottom