• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Rampages power is the only thing left. Out of shape and slow is a bad combo inside a cage.
Still rooting for the good ol' bitter Quinton.

iddqd

Kevin Lee on the MMA hour is killing my brain.

And Cerrone / Lawler is great, a lot more fun then Lawler / Thompson.

zewone

Fuck yeah, they remade Lawler vs Cowboy.

It's also a nice redemption fight for Cowboy, who with a win will be right in title contention.

He deserves it.

Fuck yeah, they remade Lawler vs Cowboy.

It's also a nice redemption fight for Cowboy, who with a win will be right in title contention.

He deserves it.

Cerrone is allergic to world titles. He could get on a 15 fight winning streak and then lose the title fight.

zewone

Does somebody really deserve a shot when they just got their face pushed in?

He rushed into a high level fight after having just having a tough fight vs. Matt Brown.

With a proper training camp, it likely could have went a lot differently.

Cowboy is his own worse enemy.

Wonderboy vs Ruthless would have been more competitive but probably smarter for Lawler to go with cowboy right now .

Nice little parlay I think I'm going with this week

Cormier
Weidman
Thiago

All are underdogs and have a very good chance of winning their fights

Chumley

Banned
Wonderboy vs Ruthless would have been more competitive but probably smarter for Lawler to go with cowboy right now .

Cormier
Weidman
Thiago

... how the fuck is Cormier an underdog here?

FUME5

Cormier
Weidman
Thiago

I think I might throw some money at that parlay as well.

FUME5

Another reason why I pay little attention to fighters outside of the ring.

Makes it easier to root for Ruthless at least.

zewone

Cerrone da gawd.

This isn't anything new, or surprising.

Called Aljamain Sterling a nigga not too long ago.

Talked some racist shit about black people to Bobby Green.

Said some shit about Khabib about Dagestani people/Muslims in general liking to bomb shit at some point too, I believe.

I watched that Sterling interview for like 10 minutes, but I didn't hear him call him the n word at all.

Sterling's own teammate repeatedly said that Al was the one making a situation out of nothing. Maybe I missed the bad parts.

Cerrone da gawd.

I watched that Sterling interview for like 10 minutes, but I didn't hear him call him the n word at all.

Sterling's own teammate repeatedly said that Al was the one making a situation out of nothing. Maybe I missed the bad parts.

Sterling didn't want to put the actual word out there (since he didn't want to speak on the subject at all) but from the inference it sounds like Cerrone did say it but probably not in an outright derogatory context. It's surrounded by the issue of whether or not it's ok to say it at all, who's "allowed" to say it, and all that.

All these stories generate the picture to me that Cerrone is the type of guy who would probably be considered Diet-Racist. Not a full fledged outspoken type but the type who probably holds negative general views (i.e. believes stereotypes) and thinks claims of inequality, etc.. are blown out of proportion. Something of a standard right leaning conservative. Basically right there in the center of the Trump supporter Wheelhouse.

It says something that these incidents both have Cerrone drinking. IIRC he also had an incident where he was drunk on a jetski or boat or something. Something on a lake (accident resulting in an injury or DUI or something). Dude probably drinks too much then his ego takes over and starts becoming an asshole.

Some of his boys are probably cool with Cowboy talking that bs around them so in his mind set it's cool to say it as jest when he feels like it.

Just dumb hick mind set, diet racist maybe....ignorant as heck, definitely.

iddqd

Every time I see this thread come up during fight week, I expect at least one main event guy injured and out of the event.

giphy.gif

Every time I see this thread come up during fight week, I expect at least one main event guy injured and out of the event.

giphy.gif
When you have an AKA member main eventing and Wildman as co-main it's best just to assume one of the two fights is off the table and be pleasantly surprised if it miraculously goes as planned.

Legit question ... who was the last legitimately good fighter that Mousasi has beaten? Mark Hunt in 2009?

I get he has beaten Hendo and Vitor recently but those dudes were already in their twilight years. I'm a Moose fan but he chokes in fights that take him over .

Yaari

Legit question ... who was the last legitimately good fighter that Mousasi has beaten? Mark Hunt in 2009?

I get he has beaten Hendo and Vitor recently but those dudes were already in their twilight years. I'm a Moose fan but he chokes in fights that take him over .

It's just been taking way too long for him to fight these top tier guys. I think the impressive thing is how he manages to put them away.

Not really sure he'll beat Weidman though. He said he won't be taken down too, well, I'd like to see that.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Uncle Dana has to be getting a percentage + an assurance that Connor will fight in the Ultimate again.

Heel

Wow, watching Embedded. The Chris looks like he's in the best shape of his career for Mousasi. Looks like a different person.

Top Bottom