• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Vitor's....wait a minute this can't be right *puts on third monocle*........well I'll be. Vitor's LOSS looking like it'll be overturned due to someone else failing a test. First time for everything, folks

FUME5

Yep, standard procedure. Last time it happened was Brock/Hunt

Couldn't Vitor have had the decency to get popped for something as well?

I didn't think Gastelum deserved the shots he was getting, still don't think weed should be on the list of substances that get you popped though.

Yaari

Happy to see Gastelum still manages to find a way to get fights cancelled even though the weigh cutting is no longer an issue.

Shes fighting this weekend, gentlemen!

Pearl-Gonzalez-2.jpg

giphy.gif

iddqd

Just do Belfort vs Silva for the phenoms retirement party and give Silva a nice highlight KO to add, it's been a while . How

Belfort / Silva would be a nice and smart send off for two old guys.
But Belfort keeps blabbering about not wanting a Brazilian for his final fight and Silva is on a winning streak (!).

Romero doing mortal kombat to Silva is the shit the UFC in 2017 is up to.
(And just imagine the Bisping/Silva rematch if Romero pops after winning and Silva gets the belt by NC)

Does it matter? They create interim titles every other month for lame reasons/purpose.

I think that's the least Romero deserves at this point anyways and if Silva somehow wins that will be a huge match. Can you imagine if Silva wins and GSP wins and they finally meet with title ramifications? Would be the biggest PPV outside of a McGregor match.

So in essence, an interim title is a brilliant idea in this case.

Yet he's still going to have better cardio than Rumble so....

Spider apparently down for fight with Uriah Hall. I hope Hall doesn't get the fight, he gets gifted big opportunities way too much, huge scrub.

SteveWD40

Why the fuck would they create an interim MW belt if Bisping is scheduled to defend his title?

Because internet justice demand Bisping defend his belt against a roided up monster rather than one of the GOAT's of all time. It seems he hand picks his fights and the UFC are at his mercy...

Yeah for WME era UFC, let's do Romero vs Silva for the interim 185 strap. May as well get an interim belt in every division, keep it consistent.

If my work schedule wasn't so insane I'd do the 210 OT, but alas..

I call dibs on the 211 OT though.

Silva vs Belfort actually sounds perfect. I don't think either would agree to it though.

Didn't Silva (and Belfort too at one point) say he doesn't want to fight fellow Brazilians? Which when you think about it is pretty insane. Imagine an American fighter saying they don't want to fight other Americans.

Yaari

Didn't Silva (and Belfort too at one point) say he doesn't want to fight fellow Brazilians? Which when you think about it is pretty insane. Imagine an American fighter saying they don't want to fight other Americans.

For the most part that was Belfort yeah, very lame. I don't think Andy minds too much

zewone

Neither DC or Rumble have weighed in with 35 minutes left.

Plot twist: they both miss weight and fight for the catch weight belt

broz0rs

Malki Kawa (Jones manager) on Twitter saying DC vs Rumble shouldn't be a title fight because the initital step in to the scale is the weight that should count and can't re-weigh lol

zewone

I knew for awhile DC was going to have weight cutting issues.

He gets too fat out of camp and he's getting old, tougher to make that cut. He only plans on 2 more fights in his career after this.

We'll see if he can finish his career off at 205.

Malki Kawa (Jones manager) on Twitter saying DC vs Rumble shouldn't be a title fight because the initital step in to the scale is the weight that should count and can't re-weigh lol

He's absolutely right. They have a 2nd official scale in the back that's supposed to be calibrated the same as the main official. This is so you should know what your weight is; I don't know if someone fucked up in the back, but you're only supposed to get one shot.

This is like GSP getting a free pound because he was in Canada for his Diaz fight when he missed weight.

broz0rs

a lot of tweets about DC pressing down on the towel to take pressure off the scale to make weight? that is some Eddie Guerrero shit right there, but at least we got ourselves a title fight

Top Bottom