• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Chumley

Banned
Cuffin' him to the stretcher so he doesn't fall off on the way to the ambulance?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Conor on the big NYE card.

Hopefully.

Since Conor will probably lose and possibly be humiliated in September, I see his primary motivation coming back to the UFC not really being about the money (though he will command a way bigger paycheck from Dana than ever before) but moreso to not end his fighting career on a bad L. I still see the guy retiring super young, but not on Floyd.

Banglish

Yeah Artem is a likeable enough guy, but I can't get over the fact that he realistically has no place in a headline fight and is only there cause he's friends with Conor. If it weren't for Conor he would've never made it back into TUF after losing his fight to get into the house

Definitely agree he has no place headlining, then again it's not like currently he will be diminishing the legitimacy of the sport... when we having fucking CM punk on the roster.

Chumley

Banned
On the co-main event podcast they just said the headline spot is a showcase for Swanson and "the chance to watch him do something unholy to someone"

Also, holy fuck Eddie Bravo is even dumber than we all thought (don't need to watch all of it, just the first few minutes): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X9pszVRucs

"Why would the government want to make us think the world is round?"

"I don't know man. I don't know. Look it up."

SteveWD40

Bisping now asking for Whittaker

A tougher fight imho, and yet people on reddit still call him a coward cos he doesn't want to fight the juicer / proven cheat who is 40...

I imagine he got the call from the UFC to start hyping this up, as if GSP keeps stalling they can set up the UK / Australia thing (UFC on Fox: The Ashes) which always pulls in the casuals.

Prediction: Bisping via close decision.

To be fair Artems last 2 fights were exciting. Especially his last fight where he almost got slept and fought it through. Cant fault Artem for having that connection to the champ.
Oh and I cant listen to Joe/Eddie and his ridiculous podcast friends anymore. Its too much of a circus show.

Bisping sees Whittaker as a more worthy opponent than Yoel? Whos shitting their pants now, Michael?

On the co-main event podcast they just said the headline spot is a showcase for Swanson and "the chance to watch him do something unholy to someone"

Also, holy fuck Eddie Bravo is even dumber than we all thought (don't need to watch all of it, just the first few minutes): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X9pszVRucs

That video was unbearable. Its sad that as great a martial artist as Eddie is, hes such a fucking idiot. If the whole world agreed the earth is actually flat, hed suddently change his tune and be like "i dont belive it. Those flat earth photos are just CGI composites. Look it up bro. Look it up"

SteveWD40

Bisping sees Whittaker as a more worthy opponent than Yoel? Whos shitting their pants now, Michael?

If taking on Rockhold a second time on short notice didn't wobble him I doubt Yoel does, I think he just has issues fighting known abusers of banned substances these days.

N° 2048

Holy shit @ 6:30 and on.

I need a walk.

Hopefully I don't fall off the earth.

I used to listen here and there for Joey Diaz, but I unsubbed a long time ago. Can't just ignore all the crazy bs anymore; it's become too dangerous. Joey is funny though.

BadAss2961

If taking on Rockhold a second time on short notice didn't wobble him I doubt Yoel does, I think he just has issues fighting known abusers of banned substances these days.
Or he has issues getting knocked the fuck out again.

Rockhold didn't take the fight seriously at all.

Heel

"It's easier to control people when they're on a ball." #woke

zewone

It was a 5 round war where Bisping was almost KO'd.

tenor.gif

Banglish

To be fair Artems last 2 fights were exciting. Especially his last fight where he almost got slept and fought it through. Cant fault Artem for having that connection to the champ.
Oh and I cant listen to Joe/Eddie and his ridiculous podcast friends anymore. Its too much of a circus show.

True enough, Artem throws down. "Nice and flowy!"

I still watch JRE for interesting discourse with Sam Harris, Louis Theroux, Neil De Grasse Tyson etc.. otherwise it's a cesspool. Joey Diaz is hilarious, and even Bravo has his moments when talking about fight/bjj philosophy, but when they get on conspiracies lol. Bryan Callen is just the worst.

VoxPop

Whittkaer vs Yoel is the fight to make

That would be a war of epic proportions

Haha Yoel going through that entire top 10 before getting a title shot.

I wasn't a huge fan of Whittaker but he has made himself into a legit contender in the already deep 185 division and added a much needed shakeup.

Middleweight is a goddamn lion's den right now and you can really just mix and match whoever you want for great fights

My personal Shelby impression would leave us with these fights tho

Yoel x Winner of GSP/Bisping

Rockhold x Loser of GSP/Bisping

Jacare x Weidman

Any combination of Whittaker / Mousasi / Gastelum / Silva

David Branch will also be an interesting addition but I don't see him breaking the top 5.

LetMeBangBro is back?!?

Crazy to hear that Joe Stevenson almost drank his career away. I remember meeting him and Cub Swanson together way back in the WEC days at the Hard Rock Hotel and they were drunk as fuck.

Edit: Mystic Mac did it again!

Ah, got ya.

Yeah, I used to think TJ was an alright guy and Cody was a dipshit, looks like I got both calls wrong.

Yeah I was the same way. It's funny Cody with all the tats sort of looks like the d-bag, and TJ has the baby face, but in reality it's the other way around.

Cody is still awful at shit talking though lol. They should send him to Full Sail for a couple weeks to cut promos.

FUME5

Yeah I was the same way. It's funny Cody with all the tats sort of looks like the d-bag, and TJ has the baby face, but in reality it's the other way around.

Cody is still awful at shit talking though lol. They should send him to Full Sail for a couple weeks to cut promos.

Judging a book by its cover again, but for a guy who looks like that you'd think he could talk some shit.

Top Bottom