• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Chumley

Banned
Judging a book by its cover again, but for a guy who looks like that you'd think he could talk some shit.

Cody kind of doesn't make sense. His tattoos and clowning of Dom in the ring say he wants to be a heel, but giving the belt to Maddox and his total lack of shit talking ability shows deep down he should be a face.

Like, he wants to be a douchebag and a good guy at the same time, but is probably better at being a good guy if he drops the act.

broz0rs

Cody kind of doesn't make sense. His tattoos and clowning of Dom in the ring say he wants to be a heel, but giving the belt to Maddox and his total lack of shit talking ability shows deep down he should be a face.

Like, he wants to be a douchebag and a good guy at the same time, but is probably better at being a good guy if he drops the act.

this is too much pro wrestling

Artem is calling out Amir Khan on twitter. Khan is laughing at him. The man with a pro record of 13 wins 12 losses, wants to take on a 2x boxing world champ. McGregor has a lot to answer for

Artem is calling out Amir Khan on twitter. Khan is laughing at him. The man with a pro record of 13 wins 12 losses, wants to take on a 2x boxing world champ. McGregor has a lot to answer for
He's trying to get on that Mayweather/McGregor card. Jones Jr vs Anderson Silva, Artem vs Khan, Rhonda Rousey vs female boxing world champion​s, who else we got?

Fox318

CM Punk vs Butterbean

XmN8ggy.png

Torres is retiring. Someone check on Mir and make sure he's ok.

As someone who was first super into WEC before UFC, I remember a time where Torres was 'the guy'. He seemed unbeatable. And then out of nowhere everything just turned around and he couldn't win to save his life. I used to get so excited to see him and .. wait for it ... Leonard Garcia lol.

Whats the deal with Black Beast? I've been so out of the MMA loop the past year due to it being so hard to keep up with these days with so many generic events, old guard retiring and lack of new stars. Sucks because I use to be obsessed with MMA.

Levito

Banned
Whats the deal with Black Beast?

He's one of the very few new prospects at heavyweight. He's got a fighters heart, knocks people out often, and he's really funny. I'm not sure he'd ever be a contender though, hard for me to imagine him beating Stipe or a (healthy) Cain.

Fox318

He's one of the very few new prospects at heavyweight. He's got a fighters heart, knocks people out often, and he's really funny. I'm not sure he'd ever be a contender though, hard for me to imagine him beating Stipe or a (healthy) Cain.

also he farted in the cage and hates domestic abusers.

Levito

Banned
I think Francis Ngannou would starch Lewis, but I like that heavyweight now has two up and comers right now. Along with a champion that's also pretty young. That division needs all the new blood it can get.

Dr.Acula

Banned
this is too much pro wrestling

Why has pro-wrestling seen such a resurgence in the popular zeitgeist recently?

I thought we we are angry at their actions being anti-union, harming health of their roster through PED/painkiller abuse, CTE, etc. It seems like in the last year everyone forgot about all the negative stuff and just decided pro-wrestling was cool again.

Levito

Banned

I thought we we are angry at their actions being anti-union, harming health of their roster through PED/painkiller abuse, CTE, etc. It seems like in the last year everyone forgot about all the negative stuff and just decided pro-wrestling was cool again.

In the UFC it's because these fighters are making no money and Conor's influence is wearing off on the rest of the roster. Mass audience cares more about carny wolf tickets than they do "sport" eg "let's give GSP a middleweight title fight leapfrogging all contenders". Not that it hasn't been carny in the past or anything like that, but there's certainly been a lot *more* of it in the past 6-8 months. Also the UFC's new owners are trying to make back their 4 billion they spent on it last year.

It's just all about promotion, really.

Pro wrestling is extremely uncool. That's what makes it cool.

zewone

Conor just posted he'll be making over $100 million after PPV and endorsements for the Mayweather fight.

What a change from being on welfare in 2013

Levito

Banned
So what're the chances Conor vs Mayweather is the biggest PPV prize fight in like...history?

It's kind of amazing how invested everyone is in a fight where Conor will get destroyed by a 40 year old man.

VoxPop

Who would've thought some 145er beating up Marcus Brimage and already had 2 losses under his belt to become the biggest thing in MMA? I would have never considered a guy getting excited about a 50G performance bonus to be the one to be opposite of Mayweather on the biggest potential fight in combat sports history. I'm still curious to see if it will reach MayPac levels of hype once it's announced. They don't have the luxury of building it up for a decade due to the volatile nature of MMA.

zewone

Who would've thought some 145er beating up Marcus Brimage and already had 2 losses under his belt to become the biggest thing in MMA? I would have never considered a guy getting excited about a 50G performance bonus to be the one to be opposite of Mayweather on the biggest potential fight in combat sports history. I'm still curious to see if it will reach MayPac levels of hype once it's announced. They don't have the luxury of building it up for a decade due to the volatile nature of MMA.

It will be bigger than MayPac, no doubt.

It will draw MMA fans, Conor hater or not. It will draw boxing/Mayweather fans or people looking to see Mayweather lose. And it will draw the casual crowd for just the spectacle of the event.

MayPac was 4.4 million PPV buys. This one is expected to do 5.

Chumley

Banned
Cody on TUF Talk trying to say he wasn't shook by Mystic Mac's prediction about TJ

"I was just sitting in the back I wasn't a part of all that I was never cool with TJ"

Let's look at the tape

Cody-Garbrandt-and-Conor-McGreggor.jpg

Mystic Mac wins again.

Resurgence? Because one guy throws around wrestling lingo around here? Pro wrestling is a garbage product. Always was IMO.

That card this weekend actually is pretty solid.

Plenty of scraps

Ellenberger vs Perry
Dodson vs Wineland
Iaquinta vs Sanchez
Swanson vs Lobov
Lauzon vs Ray

Got Smiling Sam on there too vs Leites

Chumley

Banned
Lol Conor's latest IG post

"I don't need glasses I just like how they look on my face even tho they tilt on me because of my banged up nose and ears"

Top Bottom