• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

MjFrancis

After Frankie Edgar loses to Henderson he should fight Maynard in 2013. You know, since he likes fighting the same guys all the time.

MjFrancis

I agree that tournaments would clear this shit up. The UFC needs a major overhaul, and forcing a annual or semiannual tournaments ala PRIDE would shake things up and keep things more ENTERTAINING.

Maybe it's just 'cause I watched Pride Total Elimination Absolute 2006 yesterday, but a tourney would give the championship a little more meaning again.

yacobod

Banned
After Frankie Edgar loses to Henderson he should fight Maynard in 2013. You know, since he likes fighting the same guys all the time.

you should blame Joe Silva and Dana White, the guys who book the matches.

if you had made a point of Edgar not finishing his opponents or going primarily to decisions with his fighting style, you would have more of a point.

MjFrancis

If you had made a point of Edgar not finishing his opponents or going primarily to decisions with his fighting style, you would have more of a point.
I still got Astrolad hook, line and sinker.

Besides, he finished Maynard well enough last time. One of the better fights last year, too. It's just time for new blood for the LW championship rounds. The precedent Dana White & Co have given for this rematch shit is getting ridiculous.

TheNatural

My Member!
LOL Volkmann sounds like a cool, bitter guy. Talking about how no one gives a fuck about what he says or does, doesn't give a shot, wife doesn't want him to fight, he makes no money.

He doesn't know shit about any of the fighters on the card. "Who is that?" LOL.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I agree that tournaments would clear this shit up. The UFC needs a major overhaul, and forcing a annual or semiannual tournaments ala PRIDE would shake things up and keep things more ENTERTAINING.

Maybe it's just 'cause I watched Pride Total Elimination Absolute 2006 yesterday, but a tourney would give the championship a little more meaning again.

Then you end up with your champions fighting cans just to keep busy like in Pride and Bellator. I don't want any Junior Dos Santos vs Matt Mitrione super fights.

MjFrancis

I don't want any Junior Dos Santos vs Matt Mitrione super fights.
Don't worry, they'd only fight once.

Besides, the occasional can makes for a great highlight reel addition or even as an upset from time to time. But I'd probably agree that the UFC divisions are too spread out to accommodate a decent tourney. The openweight Pride Total Elimination Absolute was just so refreshing that I'd like to see something else as good these days. Not a single decision. That's a good night of MMA.

DKehoe

Apparently for Chael's hearing Keith Kizer repeated how Chael had repeatedly lied regarding the TRT stuff. After he spoke the panel then asked Chael if he would be willing to be Kizer's expert on TRT.

Amazing stuff.

dem

Do you remember saying to us that you would not use marijuana again?

Nick: Yes

When did you start using marijuana after our last meeting?

Nick: When I got home

Heel

He learned about medical marijuana through friends who get physician statements after sitting through an hour lecture with 30 other people.

Sounds legit.

Heel

That woman is cunty

NrEuw.jpg

TheNatural

My Member!
Sapp is blaming his loss because the ring was set up shoddily and told the ref to stop the fight as soon as he was in trouble.

He's saying he wants the fight stopped at any sign of trouble and will never sustain long term damage and won't cause any for his opponents because he's the beast. ::Sapp laugh::

Is he just admitting his fights are basically worked?

Heel

Nick's only hope is that they take pity on him. It's a possibility now that they're questioning him like he's 12 and stole some candy from the drugstore.

TheNatural

My Member!
LOL this is great shit, I can't believe it. You guys need to listen to this.

"Is Bob Sapp doing this for a paycheck? Hell yes" talking about people saying he just goes down as soon as he goes down. This is great, just admitting he doesn't give a fuck if he loses or wins, doesn't want to get hurt, just wants to get paid. Not going to get hurt for these shitty feds LOL.

Top Bottom