• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Did he just pronounce Glasgow as "Glass Cow" ?

And wait... this girl is from the same city as me?! Finally Scotland has a Bad MMA superstar to look up to!

Oh dear here comes Lashley.

Yup, it's Bad MMA.

Baroni says he's "built like some kind of crap house".

Can't wait to see Lashley's record having losses to Chad Griggs and James Thompson.

dream

That just might have been the best heavyweight Ultimate fight I've seen since Mirko vs. Freddy. I'm not even joking.

edit: bad decision though

polyhedron do you know what boom kick wow means yes or not
I think it's a satirical commentary on chronic traumatic encephalopathy by James Thompson, he is intentionally flubbing the org's tag line after a very tough fight where he got hit multiple times in the head.

But I'm not sure.

I mean if you read his blog, the bloke is kind of insightful.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I think the world is ready for Lashley vs. Sapp II. This time for the Shark Fights Heavyweight Championship.

RBH

UFC on FOX ratings

The fast national numbers are in for last night's show and it totalled 2.25 million viewers. It should be noted that this is a number that measured what was on from 8-10 p.m. on all the FOX stations, which means on the West Coast, it measured whatever the station aired in that slot. Some stations aired a replay of the fights and many aired other programming.

But no matter how you slice it, the number was very bad. That number would work out to a rating in the 1.2 or 1.3 range, horrible for first-run network programming. With the West Coast, the number could rise. The first show rose about 19% but the second show didn't rise at all from the original number, so we're looking at a final number probably between a 1.2 and 1.6.

The 1/28 show did a 2.6 rating and 4.7 million viewers.

While it was the highest rated show on the networks in the 18-49 demo, the competition was rerun programming and it was the least watched show in its time slot of all the networks. It appears to have done worse then previous Strikeforce and Elite XC weak shows on CBS and along the lines of what WWE shows do for their two NBC appearances that are now considered throw aways in the same time slot.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/25490-ufc-on-fox-ratings

someone needs to pull CaptFranca out of the Avengers threads, he's embarrassing himself.
I've been civil in the Avengers thread. I even defended the movie because puddles dumbass uninterrupted a scene.

Not my fault those dudes ate the cock they have been feed. I give Avengers a year before the back lash starts. It happens all the time. There is also a term for it but I can't remember what it is called. It's has to do with living in a moment when X is said that it couldn't happen and when it happens people will claim it as amazing. But after time passes they realize that they were wrong.

Marketers in media take advantage of this all the time. Look at how many people in the Avengers thread say "They said it would never happen..." or some shit like that. They were sold off the hype that it is happening now and they get to see it. Sad thing is it's going to happen to TDKR too.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I've been civil in the Avengers thread. I even defended the movie because puddles dumbass uninterrupted a scene.

Not my fault those dudes ate the cock they have been feed. I give Avengers a year before the back lash starts. It happens all the time. There is also a term for it but I can't remember what it is called. It's has to do with living in a moment when X is said that it couldn't happen and when it happens people will claim it as amazing. But after time passes they realize that they were wrong.

Marketers in media take advantage of this all the time. Look at how many people in the Avengers thread say "They said it would never happen..." or some shit like that. They were sold off the hype that it is happening now and they get to see it. Sad thing is it's going to happen to TDKR too.
I went into Avengers with zero hype or expectations and I consider it a fine action movie on par with the best Marvel-based movies (well except Spider-man 2 which is still 1 tier above the rest).

I went into Avengers with zero hype or expectations and I consider it a fine action movie on par with the best Marvel-based movies (well except Spider-man 2 which is still 1 tier above the rest).

Most of the Marvel movies are shit. Even every Spiderman movie except the second one.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Most of the Marvel movies are shit. Even every Spiderman movie except the second one.

You blasphemous ..blasphemer. While i agree that spidey 2 is the best one the first spidey move was the first of its kind. Just the right amount of campy and corny. Stayed very true to the spidey 'feel'.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Iron Man is the gold platinum standard of Marvel movies, friends. Are you saying Avengers tops it?

It definitely does.

Is there any site providing play-by-play of Bad MMA this morning/afternoon?

If that's the case, then all superhero films are atrocious.

Nolan's Batfilms are the only ones that reach true greatness.

Iron Man is the gold platinum standard of Marvel movies, friends. Are you saying Avengers tops it?

As an overall product? Nope. There are some parts of Avengers that happen to be good. Like RDJ, Loki, and the Hulk. The rest is horrible. CA being the worst. No charisma at all. Guy is wooden.

Heel

Avengers tops it, not because Avengers is great but because Iron Man actually sucks ass.

i1cjxi9bMjvNI.gif

Though I'd say the only redeemable moment in Iron Man 2 is when Sam Rockwell dances. What a horrible movie.

yacobod

Banned
poly might have to make CaptFranca a CaptAmerica avatar instead of speed racer, his hate is reaching ridiculous levels. he's campaigning against avengers in every thread in the OT.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
LOL @ UFC on Fox 3 pulling TUF level ratings, btw. Embarrassing stuff.

poly might have to make CaptFranca a CaptAmerica avatar instead of speed racer, his hate is reaching ridiculous levels. he's campaigning against avengers in every thread in the OT.

I liked Avengers but I'm with Capt on this. GAF is overrating it like GAF tends to do with this kind of movie. Fuck, these dudes still tell me Spider-Man 2 was a great movie.

Heel

LOL @ UFC on Fox 3 pulling TUF level ratings, btw. Embarrassing stuff.

The OP really said it all. It's like they didn't even bother promoting it and hoped to catch the Mayweather wave? I have no idea.

Hopefully Uncle Dana realizes he can't serve us Boone's Farm while he sniffs the cork, swirls it in his mouth and notes the subtle intricacies of flavor.

dem

Does anyone know the ratings for Full Metal Jousting?

That show is TUF: Joust Edition

It would be totally embarrassing if that beats TUF on a regular basis.

FIRST OFF... HOLY SHIT DEM

I liked Avengers but I'm with Capt on this. GAF is overrating it like GAF tends to do with this kind of movie. Fuck, these dudes still tell me Spider-Man 2 was a great movie.

I'm just laughing at the Joss love when it has been highly publicized that the producers of the Marvel films are crazy hands on. To the point that Jon Fav told them to fuck off and he didn't want anything to do with them.

you really think Jim Miller vs Nate Diaz would draw big numbers the same weekend as Avengers releases and a Mayweather fight? UFC sent this out to die.

But it was over before even the Canelo/Mosley fight started.

but people who commit $60 to a PPV fight are going to watch the whole thing, not switch back and forth between that and Fox. People plan their entire weekends around a big fight like that well in advance, invite people over, make/order food, ect...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
lol @ how far the Bulls have fallen without young rose. Where is your god now, dream?

you really think Jim Miller vs Nate Diaz would draw big numbers the same weekend as Avengers releases and a Mayweather fight? UFC sent this out to die.
That just shows how far this thing has fallen. These Fox cards were supposed to be big events for MMA fans but now we skip them and go to the movies instead.

dream

The mainstream rejects your shit cards, Dana. You may be able to sucker the hardcores with your shit cards, but the mainstream rejects your shit cards, Dana.

dream

Hopefully, FOX has a performance clause in their contract that would allow them to cancel the Ultimate, causing Dana to go back to basics and stop diluting his product by flooding the market with absolute shit cards in the name of building a brand.

David Meltzer says it best:

We've already got a note up on the UFC on FOX rating. We don't have an updated number but if one comes out later today, we'll have it. There's no sugar coating this one. I think everyone already knew this, but it shows what putting on great fights on paper vs. having big stars means when it comes to the ratings of a fighting sport. To the general public, it's about seeing stars fight, not seeing good action fights.

yacobod

Banned
we might have to remind Meltzer that Dana has absolutely no idea how to build a star. the UFC lucked into signing Brock Lesnar.

Top Bottom