• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

dem

"The Ultimate Fighter: Live" episode No. 1: 1.3 million viewers
"The Ultimate Fighter: Live" episode No. 2: 1.1 million
"The Ultimate Fighter: Live" episode No. 3: 1.2 million
"The Ultimate Fighter: Live" episode No. 4: 1.1 million
"The Ultimate Fighter: Live" episode No. 5: 947,000
"The Ultimate Fighter: Live" episode No. 6: 1 million
"The Ultimate Fighter: Live" episode No. 7: 1 million
"The Ultimate Fighter: Live" episode No. 8: 929,000

Full Metal Jousting
The show premiered on February 12, 2012 to a total of 1.9 million viewers.[18] The numbers since the premiere have been stable, ranging from 1.2 million viewers[19] to 1.7 million viewers.[20] The finale was reported to have drawn 1.44M viewers for a .5 share. [21]

Holy fuck

Hit the panic button NOW

The UFC is getting beaten by a fucking JOUSTING show

full-metal-jousting-5.jpg

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
i1cjxi9bMjvNI.gif

Though I'd say the only redeemable moment in Iron Man 2 is when Sam Rockwell dances. What a horrible movie.

Scarlett Johansson's ass!! The rest, not so much!

Pretty fun main card!

Barry vs Johnson was pretty fun, except when Barry tried to wrestle.

Paul Harris obvious can, jits doesn't work, etc.

Wasn't paying enough attention to Koscheck Hendricks to call horrible decision one way or the other. Happy Kos lost tho.

209!!!

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Hopefully, FOX has a performance clause in their contract that would allow them to cancel the Ultimate, causing Dana to go back to basics and stop diluting his product by flooding the market with absolute shit cards in the name of building a brand.

David Meltzer says it best:

In other news. Water is apparently wet!

So after Bendo destroys Edgar he fights Nate?

Unrelated: watching LA Confidential makes me realize how desperately I want an LA Noire sequel.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I seen some dude get KTFO last night, some 17 year olds. One was chasing the other then one kid jumped in the air and the other threw a straight right while he was jumping, almost a Super Man Punch and crack dude was done.

The dude that hit him bolted then security tackled one of the dude who was KO'd friends to the ground cause they thought it was him. Hilarious.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I guess the story now is Nate can either wait for a title shot or fight Pettis. I hope he takes the Pettis fight. It would be fireworks for sure.

I'm so sick and tired of Dana promising all of these guys title shots and allowing them to sit out. You've got Condit and Hendricks sitting out at 170, Ellenberger who's probably going to sit out if he beats Kampmann all the while Rory McDonald is being fed C-tier fighters. Now Nate is being allowed to sit out instead of fighting Pettis which is a fight anyone with a brain would want to see. I hope Edgar beats Bendo just to see the look on Dana's face when he has to make a trilogy nobody asked for.

Biff

Hendricks vs. GSP is one of the dumbest ideas Uncle D has had in years. What a shit fight.

We are graced with a fight from Lord Georges twice a year and you want to blow one on a guy who split decision'd Kos... I'd rather see Serra vs. GSP III.

ShaneB

I'm so sick and tired of Dana promising all of these guys title shots and allowing them to sit out. You've got Condit and Hendricks sitting out at 170, Ellenberger who's probably going to sit out if he beats Kampmann all the while Rory McDonald is being fed C-tier fighters. Now Nate is being allowed to sit out instead of fighting Pettis which is a fight anyone with a brain would want to see. I hope Edgar beats Bendo just to see the look on Dana's face when he has to make a trilogy nobody asked for.

Agreed. What a disaster it causes when when a division is apparently so deep that people sit out for a title shot. Lose and you're a can indeed. Apparently the only direction to go in MMA is up.

Hey they have belts! They just don't matter.

UFC should just have each of their big sponsors have their own belt, so a fighter can come to the ring with 11 belts like Floyd does. You could have Hedricks fight for the TapOut welterweight title while Condit challenges GSP for the Summer's Eve Welterweight title.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The belts aren't the problem, Dana and his big fucking mouth are. The solution at Welterweight is simple enough. Condit/Ellenberger for the fake strap, GSP/Hendricks for the real title, winners fight each other to unify. Keep these guys active and create 3 solid main events in one stroke.

Fucking Dana White.

Heel

Video: Ultimate veteran Marcus Davis tests out his ISKA level striking.

Sorry all.. Im just not pulling the trigger like I did even 5 years ago. I have days in the gym where i cant be touched but days where I'm lethargic. Consistency is key to being a professional fighter. My reactions have slowed. I'm not going to make my decision now until I am with my family but this wouldn't have happened 10-5 years ago. Time I think has caught up with me. I will be with my wife tomorrow and we will discuss my career. From the bottom of my heart I thank everyone who has ever supported me... God bless
Marcus

Centurion

Banned
so there's apparently a big UFC announcement happening tomorrow.

Damon Martin from MMAWeekly is being a little tease.

"Just heard some potentially big news. Still digging with my sources. Stay tuned tomorrow. #UFC #MMA"

He rated the news a 6 or 7 based off this scale

"Can we get a big news scale. 1 (being the Canada announcement this year) - 5 (Sonnen/Silva move) - 10 (being strikeforce deal)"

And it's not about Eddie Alvarez. Im secretly hoping the bad fox numbers drove the UFC to sign Fedor. Just dreaming.

Looks like Edgar is injured and won't be ready to fight Bendo at UFC 150.

Best injury news ever.

Rumor is that Nathan Diaz will take his place. Sorry Showtime ):

Heel

so there's apparently a big UFC announcement happening tomorrow.

Damon Martin from MMAWeekly is being a little tease.

"Just heard some potentially big news. Still digging with my sources. Stay tuned tomorrow. #UFC #MMA"

He rated the news a 6 or 7 based off this scale

"Can we get a big news scale. 1 (being the Canada announcement this year) - 5 (Sonnen/Silva move) - 10 (being strikeforce deal)"

And it's not about Eddie Alvarez. Im secretly hoping the bad fox numbers drove the UFC to sign Fedor. Just dreaming.

Signing Fedor is turning it up to 11, friend.

Looks like Edgar is injured and won't be ready to fight Bendo at UFC 150.

Best injury news ever.

Rumor is that Nathan Diaz will take his place. Sorry Showtime ):

That's going to be a fun fight.

Maybe with there being a fight before Edgar/Bendo II it'll be a little easier to stomach.

We might even end up getting Diaz/Edgar which would be great too.

NY State Assembly Democrats are in conference right now about legalizing MMA. Word is that it could make it out of committee and on to the floor for a straight vote.

Judging from the timing, I'm willing to bet that this is what the "big news" is, and if this dies then there will actually be no "big news".

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
NY State Assembly Democrats are in conference right now about legalizing MMA. Word is that it could make it out of committee and on to the floor for a straight vote.

Judging from the timing, I'm willing to bet that this is what the "big news" is, and if this dies then there will actually be no "big news".

I actually thought that it was this. Here's hoping.

Heel

Updated the schedule.

Looks like that Babalu vs. Bosse card got delayed until June. Look for Bosse to knock Babalu's head off and punch his ticket to the Ultimate sooner than later.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I would like to have been in the room when they pitched the Top Shot crossover with TUF. Maybe next year they'll do Amazing Race.

Fifty

While no major sites have reported it, reliable posters on Twitter are saying that Cruz tore his ACL and is dropping out of the July card. I'm glad I didn't shell out the money to fly to Vegas in July if this is true.

yacobod

Banned
While no major sites have reported it, reliable posters on Twitter are saying that Cruz tore his ACL and is dropping out of the July card. I'm glad I didn't shell out the money to fly to Vegas in July if this is true.

no loss. can't say i'm a fan of cruz's "fight" style.

Top Bottom