• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Footage. Spoilers within, click accordingly.

soultron

Banned
I'm hoping we get some new pistol deets soon. The glock and revolver are nice additions, especially the machine pistols. Eager to see what semis are new to the mix though.

Pistols only playlist, please, IW!

Raxus

buy teh haloz said:
Seems like Scavenger is a lot better than Bandolier.
Bandolier may have changed since it seems bigger magazines are in the game, not amount of magazines you can can carry (that is what I meant when I mentioned Bandolier earlier).

Also one of the early domination videos had the revolver in action.

Raxus said:
Bandolier may have changed since it seems bigger magazines are in the game, not amount of magazines you can can carry (that is what I meant when I mentioned Bandolier earlier).
I thought that was a weapon attachment?

Mikey Jr. said:
God, I hate this GT guy playing.

Not that he sucks, but rather than trying to pick up new weapons, all he does is go around the map with the same gun killing guys.

He ran past akimbo, a riot shield, heartbeat sensor, etc. He got first place. Whoop-de-doo. Thanks for showing us nothing.

He's absolutely terrible in that second video.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
The choppers that were showing up on the mini map were confusing the hell out of me. I couldn't figure why they'd enter the battlefield and exit so quickly. Just realized they're the Care Package choppers, and not the later killstreak rewards.

MercuryLS

Banned
Dynamic3 said:
Aside from the cluttered UI, the only other thing that really disappoints me is they are using the same death/explosion-death animations from COD4. I would love some ragdolls so I can send some bodies flying.

IMO the explosions look different and there's more variation in the death animations. Those are the first things I noticed in the videos.

therapist

Zuhzuhzombie!! said:
He's absolutely terrible in that second video.

Agreed.
Cant aim , can't enough throw a nade in a window.

Sad.

He took way too long to reload as well.

On the other hand the map looks awesome:D

Ohhhh man at that UI. :(((

The should have just gone for gold and made the ammo counter etc. a few sizes bigger :lol.

But why is it so cluttered?

No_Style

Raxus said:
nice Cerebus. Let it be known that the second video in this proves that grenade throw distance has been DRASTICALLY reduced. Looks like I will be playing with throwing knifes.

I'm going to miss my Hail Mary throws for Domination. :lol

Safe Bet

Banned
LeMaximilian said:
I've got maybe 27 days logged in to COD4, and I can't agree with you more. M16/stopping power till the end of time.
It's been awhile, but...

M4A1 + Silencer + UAV Jammer + Extra Ammo = pwnage

"Radar this, bitch."

minx

Can you put the heartbeat sensor on any primary gun? I am thinking it would come in hand for all the people that will be using cold blooded.

Raxus

minx88 said:
Can you put the heartbeat sensor on any primary gun? I am thinking it would come in hand for all the people that will be using cold blooded.
Scratch that it doesn't, pro version probably does.

My guess is no, not all guns can use HB sensor like snipers and LMG's.

ergo said:
Press conference is up at GT.com - Shows off the menus and set up. Pretty sweet
Bored tonight...decided to do some sleuthing.
Watched that video and learned lots things that weren't mentioned (I don't think) anywhere. I don't think any of these are technically spoilers but if you don't want to know anymore than what you already do please stop reading now -

a. At 9 kills you get "Pave Low" which is a "heavily armored assault helicopter"

b. At least at this low unknown level (has to be under level 27) - You get 2 classes and then at some point you get 3 custom ones. The first 2 might be custom too, but there were named "pessimism" and "skepticism."

c. There are 9 assault rifles in the game. The levels they unlock is at 28, 40, 49?, 60 (this one's stats are super high), and 70. m4a1, famas, scar-h, tar-21 are your first 4 in that order. These weapons have an additional mobility stat to them.

d. 10 Attachments for assault rifles.
1. Grenade launcher requires marksman I. Does nothing to your stats.
2. Red Dot requires marksman II. Does nothing to your stats.
3. silencer requires marksman III. It only reduces range about 20% kinda like cod4.
4. 1 classified attachment that requires marksman IV. No stat changes.
5. the next is also classified and requires marksman V.
6 The next is a shotgun attachment! Waaahhh. Looks like a shotgun you add to your gun! It appears to unlock by a "challenge."
7. The next is another classified attachment that is unlocked by a challenge. Does no stat changes.
8. The next is a heart beat sensor and does no stat changes.
9. The next is another classified and unlocks by a challenge. This one increases your range by about 20%. I'm guessing this might be a scope attachment.
10. the last attachment is another challenge based one and does no stat changes.

Secondary Weapons - Do NOT affect mobility. No mobility stat.

machine pistols - 4 total
1.) you start with the pp2000. That's right I said PP. Oh wait, wrong thread. The gun's stats are impressive and almost compare to some of the assault rifles.
2.) auto-G18. stats are worse than pp2000.
3.) classified
4.) classified

machine pistols have 6 possible attachments -
a.) Red dot
b.) Silencer
c.) classified
d.) Akimbo
e.) classified
f.) classified

Shotguns - 5 total
1.) Start with the spas-12. Pump action. High damage. medium fire rate. semi-low accuracy and fire rate.
2.)AA-12 - high rate of fire high damage but really very low range and accuracy. (not like the real thing haha)
3 - 5) classified.

Handguns - 4 total
1.) Start with USP .45 - semi-auto. Mid accuracy and range. high fire rate. low damage.
2.) .44 magnum - high everything but accuracy.

Launchers - 5 different kinds

1.) Start with AT4 - medium everything except mid-high damage.
2. Thumper X 2 - "Grenade Launcher" - mid everything. Literally down the middle on everything.
3. Classified - unlocked at level 30 - almost identical stats to AT4.
4 - 5 classified no info.

Special Grenade (literally 1 frame of this video lol) - 3 options
1. Flash Grenade x2
2. Stun Grenade x2
3. Smoke grenade x1.

Perk slot 1 - 5 choices
1. Marathon - unlimited running (paraphrase)
2. Slight of Hand -
3. Scavenger
4. Bling
5. Classified

Perk slot 2 - 5 choices
1. Stopping Power
2. Lightweight - "move faster"
3. Hardline - "Killstreak require 1 less kill"
4. Cold-Blooded - Unrecognizable? by UAV, air support, sentries and thermal.
5. classified.

Perk Slot 3 - 6 choices

1. Commando - "increased melee distance"
2. Steady Aim
3. Scrambler
4 - 6 classified

DeathStreak - 4 choices

1. CopyCat - 4 deaths
2. Painkiller - 3 deaths
3. Classified - unlocked at level 27
4. Classified - unlocked at level 47

Other misc stuff -

1. You can press X to see the challenge details to unlock something so it's not a super mystery what you need to do.
2. You also press X to see challenges for the gun you have selected rather. No need to go to your barracks.
3. Every perk (except death streak) has a pro version and all are unlocked by a challenge.
4. There are at least 70 levels.
5. The blast shield equipment protects you from explosions but you lose your mini-map.

diehard said:
I'm going to be pissed if a .50 cal does not EASILY go through one of those.

They way it's presented is pretty damned ridiculous. Even more so than I had expected. I know there are some transparent shields that offer some protection against small arms fire, but this is just a ridiculous disconnect. Even the genuine ballistic shields in R6V offered less protection.

calder

Mikey Jr. said:
He ran past akimbo, a riot shield, heartbeat sensor, etc. He got first place. Whoop-de-doo. Thanks for showing us nothing.
Exactly what I thought first video. Hey just skip the kill cams and replays and everything else, don't bother demonstrating anything other than a pathological need to finish first in a press demo. :lol Not like anyone wants to see the cool new things, we'd all rather watch you nade spam after every respawn.

I'd rather it be ridiculous and fun than realistic and blah. I mean cmon, if you're gunna have a shield that sacrifices your ability to shoot, it better be good!

Ballistictiger said:
Yeah that's awesome. I'm pretty disappointed with games with hardly any recoil these days. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

Cod is Cod and always has been. If you want recoil you're looking at the wrong franchise. This is an 10% realistic and 90% arcade-y fps.

Magik

CultureClearance said:
Yes I forgot to add that to my large post but it said "unlimited running" or something like that.

Perk 1 - Marathon
Perk 2 - Cold-Blooded
Perk 3 - Scavenger

All day, every day.

Dresden

minx88 said:
If anyone actually picked the 25 or 50 killstreak over a realistic I would have to call them an idiot. Unless of course it kill every single enemy at once, like 5 times.

It'd be good for bragging rights. I honestly would only need the three and the seven kills ones, and I'd reserve the final slot for the 25 killstreak reward. maybe a pack of vicious man-hunting dogs ridden by midgets shooting RDS M16's with the Stopping Power perk.

CultureClearance said:
b. At least at this low unknown level (has to be under level 27) - You get 2 classes and then at some point you get 3 custom ones. The first 2 might be custom too, but there were named "pessimism" and "skepticism."
The third from the list, immediately below those two, was labeled Custom Class 3. So yeah.

minx

Now that every perk has a "Pro" option that is available through challenges (I doubt they will be that easy) and i guess they are adding another benefit/perk at level 70, it is really going to make me want to not go prestige. I never went prestige in COD4 or COD5, I am torn on what to do with MW2.

DoomGyver

Okay GAF, I want to know your thoughts on this.

I was watching the presentation video and read that the first two pre-made custom slots were named "Skepticism, pessimism, and Fear" and I knew that I had heard that somewhere recently.
Then I remembered.. it was this guy:
ztx6p.jpg

Bobby Kotick
Now this guy is a greedy tool, and I had just read this in the GAF thread Activision to bypass consoles.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/...&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;2

Kotick said:
The executive also showed off animation technology he hailed as the future of storytelling in games, pegged the next generation of consoles as being two years out or more, and explained openly why he wants a company culture infused with skepticism, pessimism, and fear.

Robert Bowling took the time to name the customized class "Fear" during the presentation.
ranl10.jpg

lol

:lol that's great.

On another note, I dislike the rockets getting tied to Secondary weapon instead of perk 1. Maybe they and shotguns fuck with your perks, like the GL did.

venom2124

Damn funny custom class names. I was wondering why he used fear as an example.

Quick question about scavenger. Not sure if this was mentioned, but does the dead body have to have matching gear to yours for a resupply? For example, I assume if I'm using an M4 and pass over somebody who used an M16 I will get resupplied, as they use the same caliber bullet. But if I pass over somebody using an AK47, I shouldn't be resupplied. I'm wondering if the perk allows any gun and equipment to resupply the user, regardless of whether or not the gear is a direct match.

Top Bottom