• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modnation beta thread of low framerate awesomeness

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
So...Qore still hasn't sent me an invite. I'm only playing due to a gameshare with my brother.

Do other people get advertisements from Sony like what games are in the store this week or anything like that? I'm beginning to think their e-mails to me are filtered.

handofg0d said:
You missed mine I posted it a few pages back..

Whoops, sorry about that - i'll make sure to download it and add it to the list :)

Here's a few shots of my latest track Sawdust Hills - it's a pretty simple circuit with some nice spots for drifting and a big shortcut through the trees thats awkward to navigate but pays off;

MODNATION_22.jpg

MODNATION_23.jpg

MODNATION_24.jpg

NeoGAF member's created tracks;

GAF Name---PSN Name---Track Name(s)

Bootaaay - Bootaaay; Canyon Climber, Mountainside Climb, Mountain GP, Sawdust Hills, Sunset Drive
handofg0d - jmehatesyou; Mountain Rally
kirbutashi - Kirbutashi; Crisscross, Detours, Lakeside
Mik2121 - Mik2121 - Dirty Plains, Spring Flats
MyFaceIsOnFire - MyFaceIsOnFire; Windmill Town
RagnarokX - ArgorokX; Island Hop, Street Maze
Ranger X - RangerX; RGX Village 01
Teknoman - TeknomanEX; Roundrock Hills
wind_steaker - HaloumiFace; Alpine Boogie, Cliff Edge Rendezvous, Crevaces

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
dsigns said:
I do, if you have a junk filter check it to make sure its not in there.
Nothing in my spam folder, my spam filter is set to have emails delivered into the spam folder, nothing deleted. But I've never received an advertisement from them, only payment confirmations. Must be a problem on my e-mail's end. =/

OneLetter

So far I've been having fun within the beta, but has anyone else had the issue where the player behind you shoots off a missile and instead of blowing up, it proceeds to just bang into your car for the rest of the race knocking you around instead of exploding? It happened to me in 2 separate races yesterday and made it very difficult to drift.

Anyways, gonna look into actually creating a character and/or track tonight and see how it goes. I'm really enjoying their drift mechanic though as it feels pretty good when you first turn in.

AndyD

aka andydumi
OneLetter said:
So far I've been having fun within the beta, but has anyone else had the issue where the player behind you shoots off a missile and instead of blowing up, it proceeds to just bang into your car for the rest of the race knocking you around instead of exploding? It happened to me in 2 separate races yesterday and made it very difficult to drift.

Anyways, gonna look into actually creating a character and/or track tonight and see how it goes. I'm really enjoying their drift mechanic though as it feels pretty good when you first turn in.

Sounds like a bug that needs reporting.

Jme

OneLetter said:

Did you try deploying your shield to make it go away?

Teknoman

DMPrince said:
as long as you publish the custom track others can join. [saw it on the advice/tip during loading]

Well everytime I tried to host a casual race with a custom track, I got the message "failed to join game" instantly. Through it still had the connecting image on screen, so maybe I should have given it a little more time.

OneLetter

handofg0d said:
Did you try deploying your shield to make it go away?

Sure did. I was able to play "normally" and continue to shoot rockets, deploy shields, and everything else. The funny part was, at the end of the 3rd lap, I had 4-5 missiles all bumping into me. The sound was so loud I had to mute my sound until I finished the race. :lol

I should setup my capture card and see if it occurs again tonight. Still a fun little cart racer, which is all that really matters right now.

I've finally been able to dig into the game a bit last night. Here is the first published Mod I made. lemme know what you think

DSCF0123.jpg

It took me forever to create that eyepatch strap but now, I like it. Personal impressions so far, I like where they are headed with this game. They seem to know what they want and the idea is great. Cons, man this thing needs some polish, time in the oven, what ever you call it. Between stuttering sound, trouble connecting to online games, it is a shame because this could be an awesome exclusive for the platform if they get it done right. Either way, I am greatly looking foreward to the final product.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Str0ngStyle said:
I've finally been able to dig into the game a bit last night. Here is the first published Mod I made. lemme know what you think

DSCF0123.jpg

It took me forever to create that eyepatch strap but now, I like it. Personal impressions so far, I like where they are headed with this game. They seem to know what they want and the idea is great. Cons, man this thing needs some polish, time in the oven, what ever you call it. Between stuttering sound, trouble connecting to online games, it is a shame because this could be an awesome exclusive for the platform if they get it done right. Either way, I am greatly looking foreward to the final product.
NERF HIM!!!!!!!

Crevaces shot :
MODNATION_3.jpg

not the best picture but gives you an idea of what the environment is like...
hopefully it will be up now, I'm haing some problems with the publishing station knocking the game offline...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
4CEH-KRB2-NQRH

J2JT-6EBB-5349

7B7J-JEBQ-H4DK

3942-RCB9-C78Q

2PGQ-THB9-NL9A

D3RC-TCBL-9LT4

RNJF-8AB8-7MFH

5A7C-NMBF-A3CR

N43K-T7BT-J8C8

T4F2-FNBH-C6NN

6A8J-MCBM-RL87

G77P-3TB5-CLCA

GT5L-78B2-D9BL

J3LG-TKBG-9MQG

MPLN-Q8BL-ACCT

JNMB-2HB7-8TD2

JBKK-E9BB-PQG4

ERLM-KMB9-QETT

AENG-LABD-8DFC

G446-9TB5-LF6L

CLF5-DCBT-PF87

JEN4-A4B3-3PTT

MPCJ-25BL-7AK7

MGD4-TMB7-HR8H

4H6N-B5B6-GRME

GLL4-QTBD-487A

Q68J-M7BP-DHDC

8DQM-9EBA-A67P

M4JK-7EBT-NDD6

BB23-G8BN-7JP6

E5MD-DCBK-8RB2

KGN9-3RBJ-NRNP

MJ6G-P3B9-7D5J

Q6J4-CNB4-TPAH

6FD3-GKB8-MR29

E9TE-CEBH-MEBD

LMLN-M5BR-6JHC

M5G2-C5BB-DHGN

APKL-AKBR-97PA

PG7T-GHB8-CFFN

JJ28-5RB4-JCF4

PHPE-PEBH-KMTT

MLJP-65B2-FK2D

JC2R-HCBK-64DC

5FQ4-AFBD-CJ59

3Q46-5FBE-2QCD

Q8AP-PDBQ-9GTE

JCDR-B5BL-A55M

T367-TQB2-N7T6

T7BK-84BL-AG5F

netguy503

Costanza said:
Tried some of those when they posted them. All used already.

ALL USED!? Are you sure.

Can someone on GAF PLEASE make another dummy account. I know SOMEONE on here must have got one.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
netguy503 said:
ALL USED!? Are you sure.

Can someone on GAF PLEASE make another dummy account. I know SOMEONE on here must have got one.
I doubt we'd be allowed to share the beta endlessly like demos.

netguy503

Jocchan said:
I doubt we'd be allowed to share the beta endlessly like demos.

Your allowed to share it up to 4 times. Thats five people get in to one code. And it has already been said that you can play at the same time as the person you share with. Just put it on a dummy account and your good to go.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
netguy503 said:
Your allowed to share it up to 4 times. Thats five people get in to one code. And it has already been said that you can play at the same time as the person you share with. Just put it on a dummy account and your good to go.
Oh, this is awesome. Thanks for clarifying.

netguy503 said:
Can you PLEASE not post codes the next time they go up. You are giving us less of a chance to get them and it's not fair/ right. Thank you.
Yeah, more than by GAFfers, they get eaten up by lurkers.

Teknoman

I say make an online topic about beta code listings and post in there. Only Gaf members can access the online section right?

Dragnet

Just finished up my second character, Raiden :D

MODNATION_7.jpg

MODNATION_8.jpg

MODNATION_9.jpg

And I thought I'd take a few screens to demonstrate where I think the camera should be placed..

MODNATION_5.jpg

and/or

MODNATION_6.jpg

:D

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Teknoman said:
I say make an online topic about beta code listings and post in there. Only Gaf members can access the online section right?
It would be awesome (yep, just checked by logging out: only registered users can access it).

netguy503

Teknoman said:

I say no because we are already fighting against facebook/twitter. Do you know how BIG those are. posting codes on gaf would make it insane.

PLEASE anyone who gets in on GAF...make a dummy account.

netguy503

Just started a thread for this in the online forum. It is a thread to post codes as well as I started a list of GAF names still wanting this Beta shared with them/ if anyone has an extra code. Please add your GAF name to the list if you are interested. Thank you and I hope the thread in the online forum only helps everyone on GAF get a code.:D

Teknoman

So just make a dummy account, and give whatever codes a shot, then just shoot PMs around afterwards? I guess that could work out too...

netguy503

Teknoman said:
So just make a dummy account, and give whatever codes a shot, then just shoot PMs around afterwards? I guess that could work out too...

Yep, that's what everyone should be doing now.:D Add your name to the share/code list I started in the Online forum and everything should be good to go.

Ranger X

I want a track where you cross another part of the track by jumping over. You know, like Mario Circuit 2 in Super Mario Kart.

Looks like I cannot do it or figure out how. Help?
Right now you can pave through another pavement, it absolutely need a bridge. After your done laying down the track, you can't remove the bridge or part of the track. I cannot use the branching system either because a large part of the track would be the branch and they had the wonderful idea to not let you pave the branches you make but only deform them...

/trying to like the game. Not much HP left.

Filldough

IPoopStandingUp said:
So...Qore still hasn't sent me an invite. I'm only playing due to a gameshare with my brother.

Do other people get advertisements from Sony like what games are in the store this week or anything like that? I'm beginning to think their e-mails to me are filtered.

I get something from them at least once a week just to notify me of updates to PSN. Check your junk mail! Did you get into the MAG beta? Or Resistance 2? Trying to think of other ones I got into thru Qore....

Tiktaalik

Ranger X said:
I want a track where you cross another part of the track by jumping over. You know, like Mario Circuit 2 in Super Mario Kart.

Right now you can pave through another pavement, it absolutely need a bridge. After your done laying down the track, you can't remove the bridge or part of the track. I cannot use the branching system either because a large part of the track would be the branch and they had the wonderful idea to not let you pave the branches you make but only deform them...

This old trailer shows the action of deleting a bit of track and turning it into a jump but I have no idea how it would be accomplished in the editor.

Ranger X said:

- Pave the track with the bridge in place
-use the tool that lets you change the track type and change it to the eraser mode that makes the track invisible/non-existant. Rub out the bridge.
-use the track adjust tool to lower the bits of track at lead into the now non existant bridge.
-place ramp etc.

RagnarokX

New track: The Big Leap. Tried to make the highest possible jump with the lowest possible landing area.

MODNATION_26.jpg

Tunnels!

MODNATION_27.jpg

Hmmm, I wonder what's on the other side of those hay bales...

MODNATION_28.jpg

OH...

MODNATION_29.jpg

SHI-!

Shortcuts:

Angelcurio

If someone still have codes left, please give them via PM, that way we would be sure of not getting codes already used.

If someone still has a spare one, don't forget me.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Angelcurio said:
If someone still have codes left, please give them via PM, that way we would be sure of not getting codes already used.

If someone still has a spare one, don't forget me.

Join the beta sharing thread in the online forum instead. Nothing has happened yet, but hopefully it will!

I tried finding your tracks, Ragnarok, but other than street maze, I can't get them to appear. When I try the exact name in text search, it reports back with no results. Is there a way to check creations by user?

KillerAJD

Noooo! I made a huge mountain trail track and it fucking froze when I was changing the road type :/ And I hadn't saved yet >_<

RagnarokX

kirbutashi said:
I tried finding your tracks, Ragnarok, but other than street maze, I can't get them to appear. When I try the exact name in text search, it reports back with no results. Is there a way to check creations by user?
I've published them and according to the track stats people have been downloading them. I had trouble finding Alpine Boogie yesterday. It would show up on the list if I just typed "alpine" but not if I added "boogie".

try jus searching "hop" and going through the results thats how I found one of them :) and it was a good track.

I also enjoyed sunset drive though the water trap got me more than once!

EDIT:

Here are some better shots of Crevaces

Here is the start, you go past some houses with alternate routes then up onto the broken bridge seen above:
MODNATION_9.jpg

Then the road stops and you have to go down these fissures in the mountainside:
MODNATION_7.jpg

MODNATION_8.jpg

Also, a better shot of the massive jump in Cliff Side Rendevouz:
MODNATION_6.jpg

kirbutashi said:
I tried partial searches, but it maxes out at 20. I had no luck. :(

If you can't find someones track the best way seemingly is to add them to your PSN friends list and then search for tracks created by friends only - there is an option to search for tracks created by 'favourite creator' but for the life of me I can't figure out how to add someone as a favourite creator :/

Dragnet said:
How do I get the camera to swivel to look at the front of the kart in photomode?

Bizarrely you can't, not sure why - when the karts are all on the starting grid you can take a picture from the front, but during the actual race you can only take photos from the back 180 degrees for some reason (unless you manage to gitch the camera through an object).

Top Bottom