• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Momodora V teaser trailer

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Looks like the game is shaping up pretty well and there its lots of time to go polishing animation and visuals. Im 100% in for this game and pretty sure it will be pretty damn good in the end. :p

Gin-Shiio

Very sorry to bump this, but I had a bout of nostalgia for Momodora IV and subsequently happened upon this response from developer rdein on Twitter:

I meant "Momodora V" is no longer in development, and it really isn't. I'm making another game now. Not related to Momodora at all
09:44 - 26. Juli 2017

This is more recent than the bitsummit video we have of the game, but I cannot find any more info on the possible cancellation even on his Twitter. Can someone shed some light on this? :(

He reopened the Patreon and has been doing updates on the new game: https://www.patreon.com/rdein

Essentially the previous video has been made into a different game called Semilla (project name subject to change). Thematically it's similar to Momodora games but I think partly he's separating it out because of the move to 3D but he's also stated in updates that it's been fun having the freedom of doing whatever he wants with it not being tied to the existing series.

I'm not sure how appropriate it is to take locked Patreon updates and share the posts but here's a chunk from the first update when he reopened the Patreon and started sharing details:

"The game is a 3D "action-adventure" style game, being made in Unity. This is the first 3D project we've ever worked on. My main inspirations for it are the Zelda series and Souls games, and I'm aiming to make a game similar to Momodora: RUtM, except in 3D. A bit like a "Metroidvania", meaning you can go back and forth between areas in a non-linear fashion.

It's worth noting that this game is not part of Momodora. It's a completely new setting, with new characters.

The game is set in a fictional account of the european dark ages, especially the inquisition time. You play as Semilla, a nun forced to do clerical service, who is on a mission to purify the heretics that threaten the people and the princess."

Aha so it's not technically a Momodora game as it's not set in that universe, but he's still working on the game showed in that teaser trailer which will play similar to a 3D Momodora. Sounds fine to me

I'm sad he felt the need to take this out of the Momodora universe, but I'm glad he's still working on it. I think this looks neat.

a harpy

Thanks for the update quote Wibblewozzer. The new premise actually sounds really fun! I'm glad he took the chance to move away from the Momodora universe if he feels like it might have held the game back.

ZoronMaro

Maybe this is because I'm too childish and part of the problem, but I'm way more okay with the switch to 3D if it's a different franchise.

I was interested to see this regardless though, rdein does good stuff and I hope he blows my pessimism out of the water.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe this is because I'm too childish and part of the problem, but I'm way more okay with the switch to 3D if it's a different franchise.

I was interested to see this regardless though, rdein does good stuff and I hope he blows my pessimism out of the water.

Interesting choice of words, as Unity makes that a possibility.

Interesting choice of words, as Unity makes that a possibility.

From the comments of the first Patreon update on the game:

Patreon User
Absolutely awesome to hear. And I know it's way too early to think about, but what are the possibilities of this game coming to Switch, since it uses the Unity engine?
4w

rdein
I'd like to do it, but I can't make any sort of promises now. But yeah, it's Unity so it should be supported eventually unless something goes terribly wrong.

I prefer PC and that's a guarantee so I'm not too torn either way it goes.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
From the comments of the first Patreon update on the game:

I prefer PC and that's a guarantee so I'm not too torn either way it goes.

I would still like to know whats the deal between Yoyo's GameMaker and Nintendo, though. An older thread where Indie GAF participated heavily suggested that they are not in the best terms, which is sad and very weird to me.

Top Bottom