• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Games producing new game for Nintendo

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The-Switcher said:
I thought Excite Truck was pretty fun, it was just lacking a bit in style and personality, plus it had awful music.
The gameplay was neat but part of the fun I had with the game was due to the custom soundtrack feature. Using my own favorite tracks made the game so much better and exciting to me.

Fredescu said:
:lol

The rubberbanding in Excite Truck was there to allow for more truck smashes. It's nowhere near the bullshit Mario Kart level.
Exactly. If they don't catch up, some of the races would have been impossible for the star limit.

Fuu said:
The gameplay was neat but part of the fun I had with the game was due to the custom soundtrack feature. Using my own favorite tracks made the game so much better and exciting to me.
Completely agree...lets hope the feature stays in, if this is even excite truck.

Ranger X said:
Whatever the way we spin the question I think it would end up better. Game devellopment is better when the whole production is in the same building. Also, they'd have to comply to the way the insides of Nintendo is managed and this also helps on quality.
Some amazing Nintendo games that were made outside of Nintendo's main headquarters:

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Metroid Prime Trilogy

:D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the first rule of Nintendo secret game is you don't talk about Nintendo secret game

amateurs

adg1034

comedy bomb said:
Speaking of Excite truck, the game is getting hard to find. At least in my experiences.

I saw a used copy today at GameStop for $30. They know when they've got the good stuff.

Link

The Autumn Wind
comedy bomb said:
Speaking of Excite truck, the game is getting hard to find. At least in my experiences.
TRU had a ton of them when I was there last week. Granted, it's still $50.

IronicallyTwisted said:
Excite Truck wasn't even that good, Jesus Christ.
jesus-wept-large.jpg

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
some asshole said:
Excite Truck wasn't even that good, Jesus Christ.

I will will fuck you in your ass with a blowtorch, so help me God. No one talks shit about Excite Truck and lives to tell the tale.

...anyhoo, yeah. Excite Truck fucking rocks my socks. God damn. What a masterpiece. All hail the king of kickassery.

Cipherr

Ranger X said:
Nintendo should make their games themselves. I mean, they're fucking rich, just hire people god damnit. But no, they absolutely want to drop in quality.

Get outta here. This is the wrong franchise to try and play that game with. The F-Zero that was passed off to Sega is the best entry in the entire FZero line. Tack onto that Excite was awesome, and this games has twice the dev time.

Without this outsourcing we just wouldnt see an entry to the game at all, then there would be the threads about Nintendo abandoning core franchises instead. Ill take this scenario any day. Especially when it clearly has so much potential and worked in the favor of gamers the last time it happened.

Top gear rally 2 for the DS?

Top gear rally was one of the most impressive GBA games, and was published by Nintendo. Maybe they secretly bought the license

legend166

PseudoKirby said:
HOORAY FOR MEDIOCRITY

Excite truck had nothing on Excite Bike, sry

and I seriously think the secrecy of the game is unnecessarily hyperbole

I know. What did Excite Truck do new? NOTHING.

Haunted

The only way a new Excite Truck would possibly be able to interest me would be the addition of 20 more opponents per race or something.

This 6/8 cars on the track shit has to stop. In any racing game.

Neomoto said:
Excite Truck was and still is fucking awesome. I would seriously buy a Wii for a online sequal if I didn't already had a Wii. I really hope there will be a sequal, and after that more sequals on the next Nintendo system ;)
Who cares about online? Just give us a proper offline multiplayer complete with AI and 4 Player splitscreen - oh and 60 FPS while they're at it.

AlphaTwo00 said:
Exactly. If they don't catch up, some of the races would have been impossible for the star limit.
I made most points with tree runs I think.

Dash Kappei said:
Wow, it's usually €19 around here...
Amazon.de still has it for full price, actually it's more than I paid at launch :lol .

Excite Truck is a fun game

i know games cant be just fun any more <_<

any way i dont think it will be anything any one say on here u know big N by now they crazy

NotWii

Banned
Anyone who hates Excite Truck just hasn't played it long enough.
Once you learn the subtle tricks, you'll see why it's not a mediocre racing game.
But yeah, if you didn't bother to learn those, then Excite Truck does look and play pretty boring.

Also I hope Monster Games aren't doing F-Zero, I'm just worried it won't live up to Sega's F-Zero GX

JoshuaJSlone said:
Hahahahaha

Shiggy

wsippel said:
I know that they are still working for Nintendo, and it seems they're also developing a Wii title right now, but are you sure it's based on a Nintendo IP? And I believe Fuse has two or three offices now, shouldn't that mean that they have several teams, working on several games?

And did Nintendo cancel both Wii projects n-Space had in the works? I think the Wii teaser was still on the website even after Target Toss was released, and that was just a small WiiWare game - nothing worth hyping up on the front page.

So they posted some screenshots of the project:
http://www.unseen64.net/2008/11/29/n-space-unnamed-project-cancelled/

unspace3.jpg

Parl

Excite Truck is so awesome, that it may just be Game Of The Year in 2009 too. And right in the middle of the Year Of The PS3, too.

namor7

I'm hard pressed to think of any way in which Excite Truck could actually be improved upon...it's just that good. So here's hoping for something completely new. Or the return of Excite Bike!

later

namor7 said:
I'm hard pressed to think of any way in which Excite Truck could actually be improved upon...it's just that good. So here's hoping for something completely new. Or the return of Excite Bike!

Multiplayer sucked.

SuomiDude

later said:
Multiplayer sucked.
It was surprisingly good considering there was only two cars in the races and only like one racing mode. But yeah, it could improve a lot if there was a good multiplayer grandprix, and at least 6 cars in the races. And there should be other mp modes as well.

scitek

Give an Excite Truck sequel online play, and a battle mode that utilizes the terrain-changing from the first game. Make a power-up that allows you to strategically alter the terrain and create new pathways on the fly and simultaneously fuck over your opponent. Maybe limit something like that to one use per lap.

EDIT: And let the CPU opponents change the terrain this time around. It sucked being the only able to do it.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
namor7 said:

• Multiplayer
  • 4 player split-screen
  • graphics
  • 60fps
  • more tricks and trucks on the track :lol

And so on.
There's so fucking much to improve that I don't even know where they should start... the amazing thing is that even if missing all of the above the game is still very good.

JavyOO7

I knew I forgot to buy this game yesterday for Black Friday when I had the money.

Oh well. Hopefully in 2 weeks I can finally get Excite Truck.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
scitek said:
Give an Excite Truck sequel online play, and a battle mode that utilizes the terrain-changing from the first game. Make a power-up that allows you to strategically alter the terrain and create new pathways on the fly and simultaneously fuck over your opponent. Maybe limit something like that to one use per lap.

EDIT: And let the CPU opponents change the terrain this time around. It sucked being the only able to do it.

Actually, something amazing happened to me the other day. I was thrown. At least, that's what the game said. I was suddenly flung through the air like a toy car, wondering "wtf?!", then the words "You've been thrown!" flashed on the bottom. It was awesome.

Excite Truck just keeps on delivering.

oooo if monster games is making a new F-zero, the soundtrack for it would probably sound like F-zero X's. Excite Trucks soundtrack was very rock based

Haunted

Jaded Alyx said:
Beyond Good & Evil 2 > Shenmue III

Marty McFly told me so.
HK-47 said:
Fuck Shenmue. Its no BG&E
Oh man, if Shenmue III weren't an unattainable pipe dream at this point, we'd have a real problem on our hands.

But since it is
- for now! -
we can all revel in our love for Ancel and BG&E. :p

Top Bottom