• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

blackflag

Hate that they capped them at 3 a piece. Grr...

Arzuros X is pretty good too, but you need a Charmer charm to actually get the Charmer skill to make it good (or mix it with some other Armor pieces that add to Charmer like the Guild X set).

That might be easier since I haven't done any arena quests. I just need something with charmer skill.

My actual combat armors are full Helios Z and Diablos X.

blackflag

Still continuing my solo only game attempt.

Nearly had my first ever triple cart on G-rank Green Plesioth of all things. Just wasn't really feeling it at all. Half watching Mad Men at the same time probably didn't help D:

He was kinda rough. My first solo triple cart was Stygian zinogre. Battling him with -35 dragon resistance lol. I actually did end up beating him with the same armor.

Glad I'm done and now I'm just group farming with others. More fun but I love the solo challenge.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So is the full game tutorial-less as well?

Well sort of, they never really tell you how to play (there are lots of videos on youtube explaining how to use each weapon that you should watch, they help immensely) but there is an early section of the game where you just run around getting the hang of the controls.

Kandinsky

I think I'm going to upgrade my kids's DSs to 3DSs, only condition will be to hunt with their dad at least twice a week, this is getting to hard for me to solo haha.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Cripes. Why won't you let me like this game, Capcom? haha

Go watch a video on youtube explaining how to use your chosen weapon, it'll help a lot. From there all you need to know is hit B to dodge, cut the tail, break the horns and try not to die.

Cripes. Why won't you let me like this game, Capcom? haha

I agree. I've put in 30 hours and am still playing, but can't figure out why. My hands hurt from the controls, the systems feel arbitrary, the 3DS doesn't do online without a Wii U... but I still find myself booting it up to hunt a barroth and hope for a Monster Bone L (I need two more to finish my Barroth armor set).

blackflag

Dumb question from someone who's played a combined 600 hrs between tri and ultimate..

Is there a way to sell directly from storage? I have a few hundred nulberries to sell and don't want to do it 10 at a time.

vareon

Dumb question from someone who's played a combined 600 hrs between tri and ultimate..

Is there a way to sell directly from storage? I have a few hundred nulberries to sell and don't want to do it 10 at a time.

Yes, it's (somewhat) hidden on the combine menu from the item box.

Manage Items/Equipment -> Sell

op49vkx9zmy6mrv7.gif

DaBoss

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";55724800]
op49vkx9zmy6mrv7.gif
[/QUOTE]

Oh god this reaction gif is making me lol in real life.

Man Monster Hunter lacks so much explanation on certain things, but when an MH veteran finds out about these things they didn't know about, the reaction is priceless.

Mupod

negate stamina is life

For soloing HH I always bring a horn with attack up, but negate stamina is nice. Problem is it generally comes with a bunch of lame-o defensive buffs. I need my 15-20% extra raw damage.

Earplugs can be amazingly useful too, especially early on when few armors have that ability. Definitely good to have online, because it seems like there are many silly people who fight things like Diablos and Gigginox without earplugs.

Stygian Zinogre's HH is my favorite weapon and something every HH user should definitely look into once they reach endgame. It doesn't have negate stamina, but it has unique songs that prevent knockback (read: longsword friendly fire) and it has a special song that extends all active melodies, so you can just spam it over and over while using it as a recital attack. It also extends buffs from other HHs including negate stamina.

Fewr

Attn. 3DS only people,

Given that there is no date for MH4 yet, I think you should consider the purchase of a discounted Wii U for online play. It is a fantastic experience.

I normally hate online multiplayer games because everyone's very rude and irresponsible, but in this game I see people prepare, bring lots of items to quests, provide friendly advice, etc.

The game is not bad in single player, I've done about 110hrs of it; however, I do recognise it really shines in multiplayer quests.

-----------

Regarding cursed tables and all that, if I were in one of those I would be super angry, but I don't think the purpose of the game is min/maxing, for me it is all about the intense fights against monsters. It is rare to have a dull fight, and I get so absorbed in the game that I lose track of time.

Christening new thread, don't mind me.

Been thinking of upgrading all these LR weapons, but I should really be concentrating on farming for Iron Ore if I'm ever gonna upgrade this hammer...

Arveene

Neo Member
I think I'd be dead if I didn't knew this early, lol

I wasn't using the feature to register equipment sets since they didn't change the slotted decorations back in Tri. It was about 200 hours in when a friend of mine told me they fixed that. I just stared at my screen in awe for awhile.

I finally finished every weapon in each arena to unlock the Sword Saint Piercing and Barrage Earring. As I was trying to make some sets with them, I realized that I've gotten some nice enough charms to make the sets I want without them.

Satch

Banned
ive spent all this time trying to get to the point where i didnt have the hr cap, and now i've accomplished that

i dont even know what to do with my life anymore

yami4ct

Hey guys, getting a group together to tackle my HR5 Urgent Goldbeard. Could use some Gaf reinforcement.
Free 01->Lobby 4->HR5 Urgent. No Password. Thanks!

Ultratech

Finally did some L. Nargacuga tonight.

That shit gets intense. Thank god for Evasion +2 on my Jhen set. lol

That feel when you evade a double tail swipe? So good...

Managed to get enough mats to make my Eclipse Axe. Just need a Moonshard now to fully upgrade it.
(Also looks pretty neat to boot!)

ive spent all this time trying to get to the point where i didnt have the hr cap, and now i've accomplished that

Get bigger and better weapons?

Get some shiny new armor?

And yeah, there's always Arena stuff.

Hattori

Banned

I know that feel bro x), I miss going from room to room trying to get my key quests done... Good Times

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
568558b84035e48c2b856d112ac0c7a2.png

"Hmm... Wonder if you'd lay anything if I tried that on you. Only one way to find out! ..No? Oh, you're no fun."

There's only one thing I wanna lay, gurl.
AMzq9lr.gif
gX8foV1.png

Get to 100

I know that feel bro x), I miss going from room to room trying to get my key quests done... Good Times

That stank. Going into a room, realizing that they haven't done quests you've already done, then you think, "Fuck it, couple quests and I'll start making some progress."

Two quests in and the host leaves.

Always

"Hmm... Wonder if you'd lay anything if I tried that on you. Only one way to find out! ..No? Oh, you're no fun."

There's only one thing I wanna lay, gurl.
AMzq9lr.gif
gX8foV1.png

haha, The "Gal with the goods" told me "I wonder if there is anything else Armorskin would harden" the other day, I was caught by surprise by that one.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Thinking about picking this up tomorrow. Haven't played Monhun in ages. Anyone up for playing with a lapsed monhun addict? Would love to get a regular crew together to do quests.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thinking about picking this up tomorrow. Haven't played Monhun in ages. Anyone up for playing with a lapsed monhun addict? Would love to get a regular crew together to do quests.

Sounds like fun, I've been meaning to tackle the online quests anyway.

Satch

Banned
i think my wii u just died

my gamepad wont connect to the wii u console

RIP

edit: nevermind it was just being a jerk

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lol, Diablos HR.

All 10 Potions.

All 10 Mega Potions.

Down to like 10% HP.

Little bastards wouldn't heal me.

Thought I still had a good 10-15 minutes of wailing on him to win, was prepared to come die and come back, but then...

BOOM!

One slime explosion to the face (courtesy my Dios Blade, nache) and he's DOWN!

This is Monster Hunter.

haha, The "Gal with the goods" told me "I wonder if there is anything else Armorskin would harden" the other day, I was caught by surprise by that one.

What a slut. None of the class of Guild Waifu.
FuqnPhm.gif

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Sounds like fun, I've been meaning to tackle the online quests anyway.

How is it split in Ultimate? What's considered offline, and what is online?

Kyzon

Yes. They're also quite fun.

Dunno, I don't play that lame-o weapon.

It sets/unsets the Target Cam on the monster. Pressing L will center the camera on the monster instead of in front of you.

Kick? It's not an attack really, it's for getting teammates out of stunned states. And for dicking around when the quest is complete.

Cha-Cha and Kayamba do dances that can boost your attack, defence, and health, among other things like attacking the monster and kicking you when you're stunned/asleep.

With Monster Hunter, even for adept players the answer is usually "yes."

Because developing skill is awesome.

Psh, on easy to finish quests I almost always go for Felyne Kickboxer. I wreck monsters with my feet.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How is it split in Ultimate? What's considered offline, and what is online?

Well Moga Village is offline, online quests are in the harbor place and you can do the online quests offline as well.

Psh, on easy to finish quests I almost always go for Felyne Kickboxer. I wreck monsters with my feet.

I remember once I kicked Durambros while he was spinning and knocked him down, I felt so fucking cool even though it was an accident. I was going for an upward slash into the figure-8 combo...

Kyzon

Well Moga Village is offline, online quests are in the harbor place and you can do the online quests offline as well.

I remember once I kicked Durambros while he was spinning and knocked him down, I felt so fucking cool even though it was an accident. I was going for an upward slash into the figure-8 combo...

Haha, I was playing with some gaffers last week, and I kicked a Sand Barioth in the teeth. He fell over and died. We laughed too hard at that.

Top Bottom