• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Renoir

Man the game just got hard again. Just got to HR4 {lol]. Work and the baby can't play onlinenthat much either. I was wondering when I put a piece of armor on that says + 3 atk . I equip it but my atk doesn't go up in the status menu. Or the fact that I got mosgarl armor which says charge + but I don't see the difference in the charge time..
Also i ran out of room for my palicos. Which are the good palicos to keep I'm trying to weed them out.
Also I fought ratholos and zongore. Which one should I take on first . the easy target (rattho) or zingore..
Is there a special menu to do caravan quest online?
Hunters for hire.. They only hunt renoplos and fetch mushroom what is the deal with that?

This a long post sorry..

Unicorn

Went in a room today with G crowns. I'm g1 wanting to fight some Seregios. I enter and one guy is sitting at the table while the others are on quest. Starts calling me ecchi for wearing Kirin set. Says some other shit too. His buddy returns from quest and starts trashing on me for Kirin set too. Says I'm shit and bad at the game. He then chats with his friend how he still can't get the serg drops he needs (lens, I gather). We go on the quest with 2 serg and one of them almost carts two different times. My payback for their comments about my competency is to then trap both Seregios. On the second one, one of the dudes is trying hit me out of tranq throwing.

Mission ends and I assume he didn't get his gems because they kick me.

What is ecchi? Should I not even bother (assume it's hentai or something)? First rude people I've run into in all my years playing. Like, why judge someone for their armor when good players are notorious for hunting nude?

Man the game just got hard again. Just got to HR4 {lol]. Work and the baby can't play onlinenthat much either. I was wondering when I put a piece of armor on that says + 3 atk . I equip it but my atk doesn't go up in the status menu. Or the fact that I got mosgarl armor which says charge + but I don't see the difference in the charge time..
Also i ran out of room for my palicos. Which are the good palicos to keep I'm trying to weed them out.
Also I fought ratholos and zongore. Which one should I take on first . the easy target (rattho) or zingore..
Hunters for hire.. They only hunt renoplos and fetch mushroom what is the deal with that?

This a long post sorry..
Armor skills have a threshold to meet. 10 points before a skill kicks in. On status menu, press Y and you can see the threshold levels of each skill.

Can anyone help me clear the HR4 urgent? I just gotta beat Pink Rathian, so hopefully I'm not asking for too much. W-we could do other HR4 or HR5 things too if you guys want.

I'm not looking to get carried or anything, I just would appreciate some extra help you know? Pinky is tough, even for a hunter who farmed her for armor in 3U.

ID: 39-1186-4494-1799
Pass:

Edit: It started and ended pretty suddenly, but the job was done with efficiency! Thank you Claire!

This is a stupid question, but how do I get connected with other players? Is there a way to search for rooms? I just set my preferences at the gong, but I don't know what to do now. It still says "offline" on the bottom screen even though Hunter Search is set to "On."

Juraash

Any G-Turn rooms going? Need to knock out the double Narscylla quest as the last bit to unlock my second wystone slot. Other than that would be happy farming HR/mats/unity and just having a good time.

Any G-Turn rooms going? Need to knock out the double Narscylla quest as the last bit to unlock my second wystone slot. Other than that would be happy farming HR/mats/unity and just having a good time.

I'm gonna be farming Seltas Queens in just a bit if you wanna join me and my friend?

Room is 04-9693-5993-7529
pw: 1111

VICI0US

oh man, the same run that gave me the last diablos hardhorn I need also gave me a +14 attack 1 slot talisman

using that I was able to get attack up L, weakness exploit, normal up, reload speed +2, evade extender, and water attack +1 (lol) on my current HBG set. nice!

Yrael

I've only just discovered there's a whole string of advanced 6* caravan quests that I missed out on. Poor, poor Kirin - it was hyped up as "beautiful but extremely dangerous," but being a low rank monster it went down in a couple of minutes.

PrankT

I've only just discovered there's a whole string of advanced 6* caravan quests that I missed out on. Poor, poor Kirin - it was hyped up as "beautiful but extremely dangerous," but being a low rank monster it went down in a couple of minutes.
Kirin is the worst ever at 126+. Not too hard, just so bouncy and small hitbox.

redcrayon

You need to get to +10 for a skill to activate- flick through your status screens until you find the table that shows exactly what level you are at for each skill. It has a threshold where everything above the line (+10) is activated, and shows what each piece of your armour is contributing.

Follow the 'expand Sunsnug isle' quests in caravan and eventually you'll be able to have 50.

I always aim for the hardest first, it's less frustrating if you fail.
No, offline only.
Talk to the gong lady in the gathering hall to change their settings, you have it set to 'small monsters/gathering' at the moment. Change it to 'large monsters'.

Mzo

Kirin's prance used to knock you down like stupid Rajang's hops do now, so he's even easier than before.

Great to see some many of the older monsters back in the game, though.

Dalamadur was a pretty cool fight. Hell, I like all the big dragon fights in this game. We've come a long way from abusing Fatalis's back leg as he trips over and over against a wall.

I'm back in here for good. Bloodborne threads are unsafe. Most people don't know how to properly mark their spoilers or don't think boss details are spoilers (that's like, 70% of Souls games is not knowing how to fight bosses first time in). :(

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm back in here for good. Bloodborne threads are unsafe. Most people don't know how to properly mark their spoilers or don't think boss details are spoilers (that's like, 70% of Souls games is not knowing how to fight bosses first time in). :(
Does that you're gonna play? :D

redcrayon

This is a stupid question, but how do I get connected with other players? Is there a way to search for rooms? I just set my preferences at the gong, but I don't know what to do now. It still says "offline" on the bottom screen even though Hunter Search is set to "On."
That's for local play. Click on the world map, then the big solo/multiplayer green tab at the top, then 'online multiplayer'. That will let you search for a room or create one to your preferences.

Renoir

You need to get to +10 for a skill to activate- flick through your status screens until you find the table that shows exactly what level you are at for each skill. It has a threshold where everything above the line (+10) is activated, and shows what each piece of your armour is contributing.

Follow the 'expand Sunsnug isle' quests in caravan and eventually you'll be able to have 50.

I always aim for the hardest first, it's less frustrating if you fail.

No, offline only.

Talk to the gong lady in the gathering hall to change their settings, you have it set to 'small monsters/gathering' at the moment. Change it to 'large monsters'.

Thank you. :}

PKrockin

Wow Tidal Najarala is a complete piece of shit.

Went in a room today with G crowns. I'm g1 wanting to fight some Seregios. I enter and one guy is sitting at the table while the others are on quest. Starts calling me ecchi for wearing Kirin set. Says some other shit too. His buddy returns from quest and starts trashing on me for Kirin set too. Says I'm shit and bad at the game. He then chats with his friend how he still can't get the serg drops he needs (lens, I gather). We go on the quest with 2 serg and one of them almost carts two different times. My payback for their comments about my competency is to then trap both Seregios. On the second one, one of the dudes is trying hit me out of tranq throwing.
I would have blocked him right there. lol

What is ecchi? Should I not even bother (assume it's hentai or something)? First rude people I've run into in all my years playing. Like, why judge someone for their armor when good players are notorious for hunting nude?
Ecchi is a weaboo's term for perverted, or perverted manga.

Someone time to help a Hr5 player ?

Cant find Prosper people to rise HR :(
People are Hardcore wiping on writers block

Have 7* in Caravan and around 80h gametime.

Ken

Mission ends and I assume he didn't get his gems because they kick me.

Armor skills have a threshold to meet. 10 points before a skill kicks in. On status menu, press Y and you can see the threshold levels of each skill.

Kirin set is really popular in fan art and dirty manga.

I'm surprised people even converse that much. Text entry is such a pain.

PKrockin

Someone posted Tigerstripe Zamtrios. It used exactly three water beams, each one OHKOing one of my party members. Glad I did this one solo first. lol

Someone time to help a Hr5 player ?

Cant find Prosper people to rise HR :(
People are Hardcore wiping on writers block

Have 7* in Caravan and around 80h gametime.
Sure.

redcrayon

I always look at it that if you've joined a room to help someone else's quest, they should at least be polite. If they are rude or disrespectful, I'll just leave, even during a quest, no skin off my nose. If I've started a room and posted a quest before anyone else arrives, I'll even thank them for signing up to it.

Even if someone joins my quest and carts, I'm still glad they joined something I wanted to do. Admittedly I tend to shower everyone with lifepowder to make sure the quest succeeds. I've got hundreds of it after production-linung the wycoon for the materials, even given handfuls of it to people in the gathering hall before :D

Shengar

I don't like Kirin LR/HR set due to their obvious fanservice nature, but I'll never berate and mock other people who wear it. If Kirin set bother them that much, maybe they stop reading MonHun no Erohon instead.

PKrockin

Well THX for the awesome Help and push :) gotta go to work now.

I play again after i get home to farm some Mats for new equip
Sure! Giving Gravios the painful death he deserves always brings joy to my heart.

Also what was with that one light bowgunner who came in and immediately posted his Black Gravios urgent? How can he not handle that himself? Does he not have any bowguns that can fire water shots? lol

upandaway

No one replied but I finished a decent Gravios HBG set, hopefully now I'll be covered for his quests. I've never dedicated to use a specific weapon against a monster, feels weird.

Yeah a lot of kirin set pictures on the MH Art twitter thing, it's really popular

Sure! Giving Gravios the painful death he deserves always brings joy to my heart.

Also what was with that one light bowgunner who came in and immediately posted his Black Gravios urgent? How can he not handle that himself? Does he not have any bowguns that can fire water shots? lol

No clue. I find single Monsters way easier in multiplayer then multiple.

Because people tend to CART pretty oft especialy against tigrex.

I carted twice because i was carless and out of pots

Faiz

High Rank Shaggy is kicking my ass. Feels like I've completely forgotten how to fight it (probably because I only fought it a small handful of times to begin with). Best I've done so far is to break almost everything on it then end via subquest because I was almost out of pots (and forgot to bring honey for more).

kinggroin

Banned
Made it to G1 finally. Hit a defense disparity wall. Would someone be kind enough to help me farm hermator for some starting armor?

14-9207-9936-7052

Thanks so much in advance!

Top Bottom