• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Juraash

I....think I'm gonna have to farm Gog. His GS is just too cool to not have. He does not seem like a popular choice for rooms though.

OceanBlue

I feel like I spent more money maxing out my armor before getting more mats to upgrade weapons x.x

Lol I feel like the opposite. Everyone in HR6 is running around with blue armor and I'm still rocking Jaggi S armor.

I'm always too busy trying new weapons or upgrading things I don't use to continue with the story or get past HR6 despite having helped other people with their urgents. :V

KimChi

thanks for helping finish up G3 yesterday guys :)
opened a room for G rank turns if anyone is up for it, ill mainly be focusing on the wyceum quests.
Edit:welp no one came off to randoms for now

Lol I feel like the opposite. Everyone in HR6 is running around with blue armor and I'm still rocking Jaggi S armor.

I'm always too busy trying new weapons or upgrading things I don't use to continue with the story or get past HR6 despite having helped other people with their urgents. :V

I would be all weapons too but those need money >.<

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone up for advanced: act of gog? Need it to unlock miralis mats but I'm positive it'll be a failure with pubs.

PKrockin

I've got about 18 lances :D

Ultimately you don't know what upgrade materials you'll gain first, so I find it takes the grind out of the game- I keep a wide variety of weapons and just upgrade them as soon as I can, without looking to upgrade anything specific. The monsters are so varied that the advantages of pouring your time into grinding out an upgrade path seems slight compared to enjoying the variety of weapons. My favourite lance is a giant shark paired with a no-swimming sign, and it isn't the most powerful (in terms of raw damage) by a long way. My second favourite is a giant crab claw on a stick, neither are what I would have chosen if I'd have looked at a table of 'best' options.

This is getting to the point where I have to eat for Crazy Lucky Cat every time I have it. lol

02wSK7s.jpg

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
This is getting to the point where I have to eat for Crazy Lucky Cat every time I have it. lol

02wSK7s.jpg
Get a charm farming set and farm for half a day. After selling all the ores you'll suddenly have like 3 million and hopefully some decent charms to boot

Wanderer5

There HR7 now heh. Man the last part of high rank before G-rank. Wasn't too long ago that I felt pretty bleh with the series and didn't go that far.XD

PKrockin

Get a charm farming set and farm for half a day. After selling all the ores you'll suddenly have like 3 million and hopefully some decent charms to boot
I'm aiming to farm with that Rathalos method Gaijin Hunter made a video on as soon as I hit G2 (just got my urgent).

PrankT

Sword and shield users, I got two SNS on some 140 quests. One is 476 attack, decent purple/medium white, -25% affinity, +5 nimbleness, and +20 defense; the other is 434 attack, little purple/ton of white, 0 affinity, +2 edgemaster, +40 defense.

Can I forge a better SNS, or roll with one of these?

Ultrabum

Sword and shield users, I got two SNS on some 140 quests. One is 476 attack, decent purple/medium white, -25% affinity, +5 nimbleness, and +20 defense; the other is 434 attack, little purple/ton of white, 0 affinity, +2 edgemaster, +40 defense.

Those seem pretty good, but I usually go for elemental damage sns, so I'm not sure how it compares.

Ken

I think the first one the raw is capped so when you upgrade only the affinity or defense will go up.

I use sns for elemental though so idk if I would use any of those.

Personally I use the G2 s.zin quest where the subquest is to kill 8 ioprey. Runs are about 4 min each

I like the los method cause I don't have to use a dung bomb or chase tiny ioprey.

Renewed

Thanks for the G2 hunts folks. Today was pretty bad so that was a good way to end it.

Also, I've heard armor stones can be combined? Or did I hear wrong? Maybe you can use them to combine with other things for armor spheres.

Ultrabum

Anyone for high rank from here to eternity wyrmporium quest, unlocks some alatreon parts.

Have to fight Dalamadurrrrrrrr.

41-3133-7355-3423

Doing already

Ran into my first post G3 urgent. Didnt even know what it was. Did it in like 3 different rooms before I knew I needed it. Oh well, joined the g room from the last page :)

Top Bottom