• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Rappy

Is this the Choco cat they were sharing on Gamefaqs, because I did grab that one while someone on there was sharing it. I'm not on the game that often so if someone that frequents this thread a lot wants the cat to share with gaf I can send it now.

edit: Just checked, this is indeed the palico I have.

Well I'll be able to grab it if you're still available.

edit: sent a PM

RedFury

Is this the Choco cat they were sharing on Gamefaqs, because I did grab that one while someone on there was sharing it. I'm not on the game that often so if someone that frequents this thread a lot wants the cat to share with gaf I can send it now.

edit: Just checked, this is indeed the palico I have.
Holy smokes Ill ask my neighbor to borrow his Internet if your giving it out now. I'll seed it to gaf come Tuesday when my Internet comes up.

Juraash

Don't know if this was mentioned to you before, but offline progression also has hidden series of key quests that will wall you at 5*. They're really straightforward though, just have to
finish all the village chief requests.

Appreciate the tip. After reading that I wound up pulling up Gaijinhunter's key quest video which outlines them all. He has the breakdown for the 5* requirements so it'll be easy to ferret out what I haven't finished.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I hate the idea that there are perfect cats out there. The mix/maxers are even ruining palico meta. Monster Hunter fans are the real monsters tbh

thefil

I hate the idea that there are perfect cats out there. The mix/maxers are even ruining palico meta. Monster Hunter fans are the real monsters tbh

Personally I don't see it. All we do is incessantly go into natural habitats and destroy majestic beauty in the service of vanity.

I gotta say, the new weapon upgrade paths is really dampening my desire to keep playing like I have in past games. It's just an extra step, but it's really a nuisance. I wish they'd just show me what is locked behind a level 5 longsword level instead of forcing me to either level it up to 5 or check an online resource.

KimChi

Connection error for some reason.

ID: 60-3143-0168-9271
PW: 9267

The whole fight astalos was teleporting all over the place for me lol. I ended up killing it though it took like 20 min, shouldve brought an element sns for that ._.
Oh so theres a maintenance going? :(

XaosWolf

I think your internet might be having issues, the whole fight astalos was teleporting all over the place for me lol. I ended up killing it though it took like 20 min, shouldve brought an element sns for that ._.

Yeah, connection error again. I think its telling me to go to bed.

Managed to take it down eventually. (As a Swax main I really wanted that tail off)

Should hopefully be around again tomorrow for some polishing off of HR2 for the others I hunted with and then some HR3 goodness. =)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Anyone who's bought the Monster Hunter 3DS XL in america, did you get IPS or TN screens? Bought one a few months back but returned it because it had TN screens :(

KimChi

Yeah, connection error again. I think its telling me to go to bed.

Managed to take it down eventually. (As a Swax main I really wanted that tail off)

Should hopefully be around again tomorrow for some polishing off of HR2 for the others I hunted with and then some HR3 goodness. =)

all good, I most likely will be playing same time tomorrow.

IG seems fast to me.

Switch axe is plenty fast when you take the time to learn the basics. You can stay in sword mode at all times (easily possible once you get the energy charge art). Coming from sheathing, open up with R+X+A to go straight into sword mode. Sheathe when you need to, it's quick to get back into sword. From there, spam X when you're trying to hit high for a head/tail, or spam A for quick/decent damage attacks.

IG or LS. Both seem strong in this game. LS has some really good hunter arts also, so I'd recommend striker. Haven't touched IG, but I've heard guild style is as strong as it was in 4U, so that means it's strong AF.

Thanks! I'll play around with those and see what clicks.

Beats

Man, the hyper monsters can be quite brutal lol. Got 1 hit ko'd by one of Hyper Mizutsune's attacks. Gotta be more careful I suppose.

Mupod

I just spent like 40 minutes in a marathon quest killing a high rank volvidon, malfestio, and yian garuga solo because the wiki said it unlocked full house 3 for LBG. It didn't. What the hell DOES unlock it?

edit: nevermind, some goober in kokoto taught me it. Weird.

Soloing these hyper monsters is not the most ideal thing, but man is it fun and rewarding. Never in my days would I have thought a Royal Ludroth of all things would keep me on the edge of my seat and live longer that 10 minutes.

DeaDPo0L84

Im currently sitting at the HR5 Urgent but I would be down to either do that or farm to get better equipment. Im currently still using Tetsucabra armor...=/

ChrisD

Solo Deviant monsters feels a LOT like when I was first playing MHFU! I may just do it this way for a while rather than only doing them online like I initially planned.

Jk everyone, turns out I have Choco the godcat. If anyone wants him I'm in lobby
30-9281-3547-3206
Pass is 1111

I'll be charm farming so if I'm in a mission I'll be right out.

ChrisD

Switch to Charge Blade for a Nargacuga 'cause I need his Tail. Cut it and carved it. Went back for another Narg with my Hammr afterwards because I need some Cutwings. Carved a Tail at the end then got three more Tails in the rewards. Four Tails total while going Hammer.

Uuuuuuhhhhh

Yeeeah, so I'm really trying to like Adept LS, but I can't seem to get the hang of it. I'm spending entire fights trying to get max spirit gauge (specifically against Village dual Khezu and Yian Garuga).

The fact that the evade moves away from the monster, and I have to immediately lock on to turn back towards them is frustrating. Not to mention the fact that half the time when I try and get in my spirit counter attacks, I get hit by the monster or miss my attack entirely. Am I missing something here?

KdylanR92

I would like to thank whoever linked that C-stick mod video and the 3DS grips. I can now play for more than a hour like I used to on console.

Iryx

The drop rate for everything Hyper is that annoying spot where it's rare enough to not see one after a run but common enough that you need several pieces of it. 20-25% chance from quest rewards only? Just eeeh.

The Hyper difficulty for the monsters I've tried has been all over the place for me, Kecha Wacha was like a normal hunt, Gypceros with insta-flashing, insta charging into stealing, running all over the map and back again spewing poision and back again, I didn't die, but annoying as hell. Seregios was easy, basically Apex lite, damage increase wasn't big enough to notice from normal. And Astalos 2-hit combo into death, had one attack take 10% of the bar and like 60% turned red.

Top Bottom