• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter World CE is a Gamestop Exclusive (both versions are sold out)

jbug617

Banned
DKQ8F9_WsAAlFUK.jpg

https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-4PaTYNfQpYDQ5O3d2QPyPA

PS4 and XB1 both are gone.

Credit to CAG for pointing it out.

Chindogg

Fucking hell.

I thought it'd be releasing to other retailers, otherwise I would have preordered.

Was waiting for that sweet Best Buy GCU deal.

Edit: Hey they went back up. Sigh in for PS4.

Congrats? Screw gamestop though.. I had amazon credit

Also, how they gonna make the box an item in the collectors edition? Collector's Edition box? lol

It's so stupid that they didn't announce this early enough!

There are still some preorders available at my GameStop but it has a 50 dollar preorder deposit! It used to be 25 for that amount!

I can't afford $50 right now...

gtj1092

Wasn't even aware it was for sell.

Oh well I wouldn't buy it from GameStop anyway.

Hope they at least do a basic pro bundle here.

Ridley327

So wait, was it up for preorder without the Gamestop exclusive notice and only added after it sold out? I'm trying to figure out what it all means here.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
It wasn't a great looking CE anyway. I'm still crossing my fingers in hopes that awesome Monster Hunter World themed PS4 Pro comes to the West but I doubt it.

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
Whelp... That's what I get for sitting on my hands on this one. I saw the preorder go up. And kept refreshing the Amazon page thinking it would go up shortly. Guess I can try my luck at a retail store after work.

Edit: Just called two of the closest retail locations and they just got it up in their system. They are still taking physical preorders. So there still may be a chance.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I learned a long time ago to make temporary pre-orders at the first place an LE goes up, because you just never know. I too, was hoping for a nice Best Buy discount.

Ridley327

Does CE have any digital bonuses?

Yes, but Capcom has already stated that they're going to be available to everyone to purchase the day the game comes out. Nothing exclusive to the CE in terms of in-game content, if you can believe it in this day and age.

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
Does CE have any digital bonuses?

Polygon said:
The North American physical Collector’s Edition includes a physical copy of the game, voucher for the additional customizable options from the Digital Deluxe Edition (a Samurai Set skin, three gestures, two sticker sets, plus an extra face paint and hair style option for the hunter), a 32 page hardcover art book, high-quality flagship monster statue, and digital soundtrack code all bundled in a custom collector’s box for MSRP $149.99

Looks like it has everything the digital deluxe version has, minus the weapon avatars.

Well that's lame... I saw this go up yesterday but just assumed it would be regularly available. Screw Gamestop exclusive CE's though. If I can't use GCU for that sweet 20% off I'm not interested. The statues and such in this games are seldom worth the asking price.

It's so stupid that they didn't announce this early enough!

There are still some preorders available at my GameStop but it has a 50 dollar preorder deposit! It used to be 25 for that amount!

I can't afford $50 right now...
Wait what? I'll be going to gamestop tomorrow then
Looks like it has everything the digital deluxe version has, minus the weapon avatars.
How much is the digital deluxe, $80?

Pejo

What? Seriously? I didn't even know it was up for pre-order yet.

This limited edition non-announcement and tiny numbers of units thing needs to end.

Eolz

Not a great CE, but those deals are always a shame :/
I only expect a digital LE for PC too...

Looks like online preorders are back up. Still hesitating though cause I hate Gamestop charging for shipping in this day and age.

Top Bottom