• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX Switch Trailer. August 25. Save Transfers. 3DS Cross Play. Bundle.

Charamiwa

Banned
giphy.gif

qPelEt9.gif

3a8FKJH.gif

I just don't see how Capcom can get that kind of quality without it being a total jank fest. I hope they prove me wrong.

XX not being localized sounds crazy to me. I simply don't see a reason why they wouldn't?

Kyoufu

i don't get why they had worked for 6-7 years on the western mh fanbase.
For what?
Throw everything away?

All the efforts made by both ninty and capcom seems to made just an army of angry fans over this few hours...
And i think it will become even more worse over the months

Maybe y'all should calm down. Maybe they have limited resources and have dedicated those limited resources to getting MHW out in all regions simultaneously as a priority and then down the road when resources have been freed up they can then localise other games?

It's just a thought. Also there's nothing stopping you from picking up MHW on the 3 platforms it's launching on.

Because the goal would be to get people to buy MH: World primarily and someone who buys XX might like that game, but not the other. If everyone is playing under the same game, then the base isn't split and they get to keep making their HD Monster Hunter. It may not even matter if you're a fan and if you're gonna buy it on the PS4, because with the sheer size of the install base of all three platforms (PS4, XBO, PC), if you don't buy there may be plenty others who will. Losing some fans is tough, but I wouldn't doubt that they're banking on those fans migrating, because they may be more fans of the game, then systems. Sucks for Nintendo fans who want XX, but install base wise, they're a small group.

I'd like to be able to buy both XX and World. I'm sure a lot of MH fans are in the same boat. I don't buy this idea that one needs to be sacrificed.

KingBroly

Banned
Yup. Nintendo should absolutely step in and localize this.

What is there to localize? They already localized Generations, so it's probably 80-90% the same.

If Capcom is trying to force everyone in the west down one path, they're going to lose a lot of customers before they start gaining new ones.

Eusis

It will get localized at some point. But I don't know whether that's before or after the release of MH:W. That's my speculation, because it wouldn't make sense for them not to do it.
I think at a bare minimum Nintendo goes "seriously, you have a Switch version and the system is constantly selling out and a successor to the platforms your series really kicked off on in the West" and steps in themselves and gets it out sometime next year. I'd be surprised if it's genuinely skipped over fully, they just have stupid reasons to not be bringing it up now (probably don't want to draw attention from Monster Hunter World or want to wait until the Switch version is out in Japan before going "oh hey we're bringing this over!")

And I'm definitely checking out World regardless.

Maybe y'all should calm down. Maybe they have limited resources and have dedicated those limited resources to getting MHW out in all regions simultaneously as a priority and then down the road when resources have been freed up they can then localise other games?

It's just a thought. Also there's nothing stopping you from picking up MHW on the 3 platforms it's launching on.
MHW isn't a replacement for MHXX. Two different beasts and I want both.

I own a PS4 and I'm pissed that I can't play MHXX.

Khezu

I have played a shit ton of MH in Japanese.
It's not ideal, but sometimes in this cruel world, you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Not localising XX makes no sense to me either for what it's worth. It's just what I've heard multiple times from the same places I heard about MH World multiple times from last year.

I don't think that means it'll never happen though. Capcom does dumb shit all the time. This would be one of the easiest "localisations" they'd ever have to do. Most of it is already done for them.

Lelou

You are not using a logic thinking.
In your opinion, capcom just go all in, in a completly "not safe" project, loosing the main interest from japan (that is the place where 80% of mh saga take money from), splitting/loosing completly the eu/usa community that they hard work for in the last 7 years...

For what? tell me.
Because all this information we have just have NO LOGIC at all.
From what i have seem from the few video of world, i have 0 interest in this game.

EDarkness

I'd like to be able to buy both XX and World. I'm sure a lot of MH fans are in the same boat. I don't buy this idea that one needs to be sacrificed.

I understand, but they may not see it that way and if the rumor of them not planning to localize this, then they may not see the point in building on the XX series right now. Capcom also seems to be going all in on Monster Hunter World, too. Many people may see XX as being an inferior game anyway, so I could see them skipping it entirely.

That said, I hope I'm wrong and they bring the game out. But based on how things went down in the Wii era, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Oregano

Welcome to the same situation the fan base was in when Portable 3rd never got it's G-rank or Localization.

Yup, it was bullshit then and its bullshit now. There was a rumour that Capcom wanted to localise Portable 3rd HD but was blocked by Sony but I'm thinking that's deffo BS now.

Lelou

Yup. Nintendo should absolutely step in and localize this.

After the move of capcom, if i was nintendo, i would probably just get rid completly of this franchise from my consoles.
Because if they leak were completly true, capcom really don't care at all about the community, the gamers, and the company with they are making business.

Something here is really stinky..

Eusis

Well what reason do they have to not announce the localization of monster hunter xx at E3 epecially during a nintendo direct.
Because it's not out in Japan probably, the Switch version specifically since no way would they skip that but bring the 3DS one over.

Which is a hell of a stupid reason but not without precedent from Japanese companies.

Ridley327

Welcome to the same situation the fan base was in when Portable 3rd never got it's G-rank or Localization.

We kinda did!

I'm honestly shocked at this new uncertainty of localization, though I guess I shouldn't be with how good a job Capcom USA has done of derailing any kind of momentum the Ace Attorney series had when they decided to pick favorites.

After the move of capcom, if i was nintendo, i would probably just get rid completly of this franchise from my consoles.
Because if they leak were completly true, capcom really don't care at all about the community, the gamers, and the company with they are making business.

Jesus Christ. You need to take a step back and breathe.

Rncewind

thats why you are not nintendo though because that would be not good business and child like behaivour

Jesus Christ. You need to take a step back and breathe.

He's right. The fact we are even having a discussion about XX not being localized shows Capcom doesn't give a shit about the people that bought these games on the 3DS and became a fans.

Nintendo shouldn't have to step in to get the localization of a game that is already like 60% localized.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he's probably right about them not caring too much about the community. I mean, has Capcom ever really cared about their communities?

Especially when Monster Hunter popularity in the west would't be that "high" without Nintendo pushing it hard on 3DS...

Oregano

I guess Nintendo should just do away with the franchise. Fuck Capcom. #BigStink2017

Yamauchi probably would have legit done it.

I would say that personally if I was working at Nintendo I'd probably be reconsidering whatever publishing deal I have for MH Stories right now. Nintendo must be taking a hit on that.

Ridley327

He's right. The fact we are even having a discussion about XX not being localized shows Capcom doesn't give a shit about the people that bought these games on the 3DS and became a fans.

Nintendo shouldn't have to step in to get the localization of a game that is already like 60% localized.

Sadly, they kinda led by example already with publishing DQ8 in the west.

Effect

Especially when Monster Hunter popularity in the west would't be that "high" without Nintendo pushing it hard on 3DS...

This. A very real argument could be made that Monster Hunter would be dead in the west if it wasn't for Nintendo. They're the ones that put a lot of money and effort behind it to make it sell. Publishing other games of theirs as well. This move by not localizing XX and at the same time putting a brand new game on the Xbox, PS4, and PC shows they don't give a fuck about all those customers. I don't think anyone needs to calm down if they're upset, annoy, disappointed, or even angry about this.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member

I would say that personally if I was working at Nintendo I'd probably be reconsidering whatever publishing deal I have for MH Stories right now. Nintendo must be taking a hit on that.
I'd certainly trade stories for XX

Lelou

thats why you are not nintendo though because that would be not good business and child like behaivour

It's always about point of views.
What do you think people that has just buy a switch for XX or waiting on 3ds xx will think about nintendo?

This is just bad advertising for them too.

Nintendo has localised almost every single mh entries OR advertised/published to the western fanbase.
What do you think it will happen to the franchise if the world episode will fail on sales expectations?

I really think that the franchise will completly sit on japan, and in the worst case scenario waiting for a reboot after X years.

Vena

If I were spiteful, I'd localize XX and then release it day and date with World.

jackal27

Banned

This is uh... really bad.

If I'm Nintendo, I want as many quality franchises on my console as possible, especially when they have a passionate, established fanbase.

EDarkness

Maybe so, but they don't owe Nintendo anything and business is business. Those fans will migrate and they'll have the potential of bringing in a lot more players than they have been. The excitement for a true HD Monster Hunter is hard to ignore. It was one of the most talked about topics when MH XX was first announced for the NS. Capcom is just capitalizing on that and is probably where they want to be in the first place because they may want to be a major player in this HD space like the other big publishers.

Nintendo at least recognizes how important the franchise is for their hardware, especially in Japan. It's mutually beneficial to continue whatever partnership exists. They're not going to be reactionary children throwing a fit like they've been wronged. We're long past the dark days of Yamauchi.

If we're going to talk about Capcom not giving a shit about fans/customers, Nintendo ditching the franchise would be a much bigger blow.

Maybe so, but they don't owe Nintendo anything and business is business. Those fans will migrate and they'll have the potential of bringing in a lot more players than they have been. The excitement for a true HD Monster Hunter is hard to ignore. It was one of the most talked about topics when MH XX was first announced for the NS. Capcom is just capitalizing on that and is probably where they want to be in the first place because they may want to be a major player in this HD space like the other big publishers.

Do you work for Capcom?

Lelou

The excitement for a true HD Monster Hunter is hard to ignore.

Are you sure about that?
Other than gaf, everywhere i see only tasteless comments about this new mh game and a lot of hate and angry fans here and there..
Damn even during the e3 presentation the spectators didn't care at all about the presentation by their reactions..

Vena

You keep saying excitement, I see that, skepticism, and divisiveness. Not sure why you think everyone is somehow gungho about a console HD game. Like, all of us who preferred this as a marquee LAN series are less than thrilled.

Top Bottom