• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

chrono01

okay this is really confusing me

on the Final Screen after the battle
do rewards from "Luck Chests" that appear beside the specific player, go to that specific player or everyone?

for example - do the two players here actually share the 3 eggs + stone they got?
Everyone.

mercviper

Quick tip if you're wanting to stall vertically:

You can use the edge of your phone as a guide and run your thumb along it with half of the thumb on the touch screen, Initial D style. Should allow for very easy vertical lines.

eyAgZdD.png
3 days of rerolling because I somehow lost my other account with Striker on it.

Draxal

Should be a slight update to the op.

Corsair is known as Mustang (Wildcat's evolved form).

Mundus' (World) 199 ascended form is really good as well, he's def a keeper.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
*Apparently someone posted this to Reddit 12 hours ago but fuck I wrote it up so here

Here's how you get a Divine from Quest:

Finish the Blinding Menagerie quest line (Last of 5):
Code:
Chong Ji light beast	Lightning Devil	
Mach 880,000	                                  
Rhinos do not understand stop	           
Shining light dragon	                          
Chong Ji pterosaur

That should open up CO-OP ONLY mission called Fast on Strike GP. The 4th Stage : Shadow Lane is the fouth mission.

Should be a slight update to the op.

Corsair is known as Mustang (Wildcat's evolved form).

Mundus' (World) 199 ascended form is really good as well, he's def a keeper.
He seems terrible (I have level 70 Mundus) from the wiki stats unless his SS (Delay Enemy Attacks by 2/3 turn if you hit them) makes super late bosses a tad easier which doesn't seem right considering stage hazards / Healers / ridiculous turn time.

Draxal

*Apparently someone posted this to Reddit 12 hours ago but fuck I wrote it up so here

Here's how you get a Divine from Quest:

Finish the Blinding Menagerie quest line (Last of 5):
Code:
Chong Ji light beast	Lightning Devil	
Mach 880,000	                                  
Rhinos do not understand stop	           
Shining light dragon	                          
Chong Ji pterosaur

That should open up CO-OP ONLY mission called Fast on Strike GP. The 4th Stage : Shadow Lane is the fouth mission.

Ng23U9U.png

He seems terrible (I have level 70 Mundus) from the wiki stats unless his SS (Delay Enemy Attacks by 2/3 turn if you hit them) makes super late bosses a tad easier which doesn't seem right considering stage hazards / Healers / ridiculous turn time.

He has two bumper skills and anti grav passive, he's garbage non ascended, but his ascended makes him a good amount better. His stats also jump a ton over his evolved form as well.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
He has two bumper skills and anti grav passive, he's garbage non ascended, but his ascended makes him a good amount better. His stats also jump a ton over his evolved form as well.
His Attack isn't that great still, 10% less hp Zeus, 20% less atk/spd and his SS deals 0 damage and takes 24/30 turns to come online.

If he gets 6 and 8 (14) homing orbs then that is nice though. We'll see how the rolls continue.

chrono01

My box after 35 rolls.
Not bad!

You're not going to fuse your 4* dupes, though? I am, that way I don't suffer too much limited box space. At least it increases their luck.

I have enough for 10 more pulls, but I'm kind of waiting to see if they add new Units to that game with the next gatcha release before I do. I should post my box in a bit.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Not bad!

You're not going to fuse your 4* dupes, though? I am, that way I don't suffer too much limited box space. At least it increases their luck.

I have enough for 10 more pulls, but I'm kind of waiting to see if they add new Units to that game with the next gatcha release before I do. I should post my box in a bit.
Gives you more room to buff stats if you want to keep or evo one

Azusa

Not bad!

Some of them have evo and ascended forms I want to have two if possible. Also +1 luck is nothing.

When they add more monsters you wont have increased luck to pull legend series monsters. Also I don't know if the next godfest will have 4+ star monsters only. I saw on MaxMurai videos how they pulled 3 star monsters too.

chrono01

Some of them have evo and ascended forms I want to have two if possible. Also +1 luck is nothing.

When they add more monsters you wont have increased luck to pull legend series monsters. Also I don't know if the next godfest will have 4+ star monsters only. I saw on MaxMurai videos how they pulled 3 star monsters too.
I had no idea that 4* Units had alternate evolutions too. I thought it was only for 5* and over. I'm glad I know now, I'll be more careful of my dupes from now on.

As for the next gatcha, I've heard that if you do a 10 pull it always activates the "at least 4* Unit" bonus. Not sure if it's true or not, though.

wilflare

I had no idea that 4* Units had alternate evolutions too. I thought it was only for 5* and over. I'm glad I know now, I'll be more careful of my dupes from now on.

As for the next gatcha, I've heard that if you do a 10 pull it always activates the "at least 4* Unit" bonus. Not sure if it's true or not, though.

hmm this is the first time I heard of "alternate evolutions"

I always thought there's Evolutions + Ascensions and both of them aren't mutually exclusive

how do we activate these alternate ones?

I have a Harley X backed up on my google plus account and I've rolled a ton on there so I only get one stone per friend now. I am rerolling in hopes of a Zeus. is he really worth it?

john tv

okay this is really confusing me

on the Final Screen after the battle
do rewards from "Luck Chests" that appear beside the specific player, go to that specific player or everyone?

for example - do the two players here actually share the 3 eggs + stone they got?
Everyone gets everything on that screen.

The Mission Log rewards, tho, only go to the host.

Azusa

I always thought there's Evolutions + Ascensions and both of them aren't mutually exclusive

To access ascension you have to swipe to the right screen.

ohh. and the reason behind using the Level 1s as the base unit in that video is to save money too? is that why?

---

so in other words, this is the same logic as to why we don't just fuse every single Morlings with our main immediately? to save money and get bonus stats?

I think its to safe time farming this things.

chrono01

For 4* or 5*?

I'm unsure of 4*, since I only now learned that there was more than one way to evolve them. If you're talking about 5*, from what I see they each only have one "evolution" but different ascensions they can do afterwards, depending on what materials you feed them. You can also go straight from 5* right to an ascension, but it requires more materials than if you evolve them to their 6* form first.

I have a Harley X backed up on my google plus account and I've rolled a ton on there so I only get one stone per friend now. I am rerolling in hopes of a Zeus. is he really worth it?
Zeus is supposedly really great, but you need to have him in his Ascended/Dark Zeus state. He's not a horrible unit earlier by any means, but some [such as Arthur] give you that "Godly Unit" feeling right from the start. I'm content with him, and don't regret having it as my primary role, but I'd still like to obtain Arthur for my team.

I'd try again at the Gatcha, but considering in total I've rolled probably 200+ times [this is taking into account my re-rolls] and not seeing Arthur once, I'm hesitant. I also only saw Zeus once [which I kept] and Striker once [which was on my Zeus file]. For having an "increased odds of being pulled" they certainly seem rare when compared to other 5*. :/

wilflare

For 4* or 5*?

I'm unsure of 4*, since I only now learned that there was more than one way to evolve them. If you're talking about 5*, from what I see they each only have one "evolution" but different ascensions they can do afterwards, depending on what materials you feed them. You can also go straight from 5* right to an ascension, but it requires more materials than if you evolve them to their 6* form first.

I see. hmm I thought both materials (monsters) were required for Ascension and not a matter of deciding/choosing which Ascension

Azusa, can you elaborate a little more on this - what's the benefit/merit of having two if possible?

Zeus is supposedly really great, but you need to have him in his Ascended/Dark Zeus state. He's not a horrible unit earlier by any means, but some [such as Arthur] give you that "Godly Unit" feeling right from the start. I'm content with him, and don't regret having it as my primary role, but I'd still like to obtain Arthur for my team.

I'd try again at the Gatcha, but considering in total I've rolled probably 200+ times [this is taking into account my re-rolls] and not seeing Arthur once, I'm hesitant. I also only saw Zeus once [which I kept] and Striker once [which was on my Zeus file]. For having an "increased odds of being pulled" they certainly seem rare when compared to other 5*. :/

I haven't seen a Zeus or Arthur in who know how many rolls. In between my harley X account and a full day of rerolls. I'll probably keep trying for a Zeus till the event is over.

chrono01

I see. hmm I thought both materials (monsters) were required for Ascension and not a matter of deciding/choosing which Ascension

Azusa, can you elaborate a little more on this - what's the benefit/merit of having two if possible?
Yeah, different items are needed for different Ascensions [most any will have is two different ones, I believe]. They often have differing stats as well as typing [for example, Dark Zeus is dark-type].

As for having two of the 4*, I believe what Azusa means is that he can evolve each 4* [if he has two] to each of their respective evolutions, and therefore end up with two new Units with different features.

I haven't seen a Zeus or Arthur in who know how many rolls. In between my harley X account and a full day of rerolls. I'll probably keep trying for a Zeus till the event is over.
I wish you luck. I was at it for around 6-8 sold hours [not even joking.

You'll hopefully have more luck than me.

Yeah, different items are needed for different Ascensions [most any will have is two different ones, I believe]. They often have differing stats as well as typing [for example, Dark Zeus is dark-type].

As for having two of the 4*, I believe what Azusa means is that he can evolve each 4* [if he has two] to each of their respective evolutions, and therefore end up with two new Units with different features.

I wish you luck. I was at it for around 6-8 sold hours [not even joking.

You'll hopefully have more luck than me.

I pulled for 3 days to get AA Luci when he was first released on PaD. We'll see if i'm that patient this time around. From all my rolls though which have probably surpassed 100 now 5 stars of any are extremely rare.

Azusa

I don't know if this true for every monster, but for example Hunter King (5star)

Ascension form has more powerful bump skill, but he has only 264.37 (39.95 max plus) max speed. While his evo form has 356.77 (48.96) speed.

chrono01

I pulled for 3 days to get AA Luci when he was first released on PaD. We'll see if i'm that patient this time around. From all my rolls though which have probably surpassed 100 now 5 stars of any are extremely rare.
I like your style. I hope everything works out for you!

wilflare

I think its to safe time farming this things.

save time farming these things?

gah sorry ><

EDIT - just realised I've been going about this whole fusing thing the WRONG way (fusion of the same monster)

Material Unit = MU
Base Unit = BU

WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING
Fuse Lv 8 BU with LV 1 MU

but it turns that if you reverse that order
LV 1 BU with Lv 8 BU - u get more EXP bonus and also better STATS bonuses

Is there any way at all I can get my account on iOS onto Android? Started playing on my 4S and got some seriously good pulls, but I really can't stand the amount of crashes/battery drain that happen when trying to run this + LINE at the same time.

Ended up getting an Android tablet as an early Christmas present yesterday and it runs the game perfectly so would rather be playing on it.

Please tell me this is possible ;___;

Azusa

Is there any way at all I can get my account on iOS onto Android? Started playing on my 4S and got some seriously good pulls, but I really can't stand the amount of crashes/battery drain that happen when trying to run this + LINE at the same time.

Ended up getting an Android tablet as an early Christmas present yesterday and it runs the game perfectly so would rather be playing on it.

Please tell me this is possible ;___;

It's not possible.
Just got word back from their support team that you can't transfer between ios and android :/

Ah crap, well I guess that's me done with the game then, not willing to spend hours and hours re-rolling on a new device just because their app is poorly optimized on another. Maybe pick it back up if it gets released in the EU.

It wasn't designed to need hours upon hours of pre-game re-rolling - and is really fun anyway, not spent a dime, no pay wall found yet. Striker dug up from the in-game RNG.

Shrug. Amazing.

When you evolve a monster/main - do you lose all the "bonus" monsters you put into it or does the progress carry over to the next evolution?

john tv

Ver 3.1 just announced in Japan (we're at 2.7 in the US) -- Waku Waku Fruit (lit) items added, gives certain monsters special powers, gameplay recording and uploading to YT, FB etc added (!), Voucher system overhauled to have more Quest choices, cost less stamina (just 1 instead of 15 or 25), and give you more uses per Voucher (two instead of one), among other updates. Overall looking pretty sweet!

http://www.monster-strike.com/news/20141027_3.html

chrono01

Ver 3.1 just announced in Japan (we're at 2.7 in the US) -- Waku Waku Fruit (lit) items added, gives certain monsters special powers, gameplay recording and uploading to YT, FB etc added (!), Voucher system overhauled to have more Quest choices, cost less stamina (just 1 instead of 15 or 25), and give you more uses per Voucher (two instead of one), among other updates. Overall looking pretty sweet!

Sounds great to me! Here's hoping it doesn't take too long to come to the English version, but I know these things take time. I appreciate the update!

I'm having an incredible time with the current version and, judging from the responses of those here, on other forums, and in the GAF LINE group, so are they. Excellent work!

Yay competition!

Faiz

Ok I joined the GAF Line, but I don't understand how to play with you guys xD

To start a game, use Co-OP Recruit a Team -> Invite Friends -> Line. This will allow you to post a link in the Line chat. Once it's posted in the chat, click the link you posted to join your own game. Starting a game consumes stamina.

To join someone else's game just hang out in the line chat and click the links for games people post. This will consume none of your own sta.

To start a game, use Co-OP Recruit a Team -> Invite Friends -> Line. This will allow you to post a link in the Line chat. Once it's posted in the chat, click the link you posted to join your own game. Starting a game consumes stamina.

To join someone else's game just hang out in the line chat and click the links for games people post. This will consume none of your own sta.

ok thanks!

Top Bottom