• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Sony Spider-Man spin-offs: Black Cat and Silver Sable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glass Rebel

What do you mean then?

The post insinuated that it was people's fault that Spidey was rebooted when it was, as you say, Sony actively fucking with Raimi that led to the ASM fiasco. If people were shitting on SM1 and SM2 I certainly don't remember it. Those are still two of the highest rated CBMs.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The post insinuated that it was people's fault that Spidey was rebooted when it was, as you say, Sony actively fucking with Raimi that led to the ASM fiasco. If people were shitting on SM1 and SM2 I certainly don't remember it. Those are still two of the highest rated CBMs.

Thats true, but there is a growing number of people who dont like the cheesy tone of them - I think this is what he means.

Slayven

Venom is the best comic book character ever.

And Sony is gonna make a ham sandwich of this movie :(

Venom isn't even the best symibote

395393-94419-toxin.jpg

phanphare

Banned

Sony has my full faith in regards to spider man movies. they've earned it. haven't missed once. not once. tobey maguire and kirsten dunst were perfect casting choices. topher grace too. spider man 3 is a misunderstood masterpiece in the vein of bvs. amazing 1 and 2 were both amazing. they didn't shit on the lizard and electro from great heights.

did I lay the sarcasm on thick enough this time? ;p

LionPride

Banned
People shitting on the Raimi movies started recently. I should know, I'm one of the people who believe there has yet to be a good Spider-Man movie.

Fades

Banned
I'm not sure how much I believe that website, but if this actually is secretly a Spider-Gwen train then I am all in.

UCBooties

Andrew Garfield deserved better than to go out on ASM2. I had hoped that the bright side of that would be that Sony would give up on the Spiderman Cinematic Universe after partnering with Marvel. Alas, we somehow are back here again...

Sony wouldn't do it, but how fucking awesome would it be for them to explore alternate universes and show off rami spidey and the amazing spidey verse.

Spiderverse is a great thing to work towards as it opens up unlimited possibilites for future movies, and casting whoever they want as other characters. FemDoc Ock, Spider Gwen, Silk, etc...there's boundless potential. Now...will they go balls to the wall like they should? Probably not and they'll probably fuck it up.

Homecoming is going to set the precedent for what this new universe is going to look like, especially if its going to play in the greater MCU

Because in Spider-Gwens Universe, there is no Spider-Man.

I'm assuming Spider-Man isn't involved since the OP says it's in a different universe than the MCU.

Well all the quotes are from the leaked Sony emails during The Interview fiasco.
i don't fucking know if i like this

edit: no, i don't like this. this either means we won't see venom in the MCU, no black spidey suit, no none of that shit, or this means that we will get TWO versions of venom, one MCU and one not, and fuck that, i don't fuckin want that shit
Still the best superhero movie in my opinion.

i rest my case

Kinyou

(The spinoffs are not off-shoots from the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming but rather projects spun from the overall franchise and based on Marvel's Spider-Man universe.)
This is so weird. I have doubts anyone will be interested in this and it will only add more confusion when it comes to live action spiderman movies.

Lifeline

i don't fucking know if i like this

edit: no, i don't like this. this either means we won't see venom in the MCU, no black spidey suit, no none of that shit, or this means that we will get TWO versions of venom, one MCU and one not, and fuck that, i don't fuckin want that shit

i rest my case

If this means we get to see Tobey Maguire, Tom Holland, and Andrew Garfiled Spider-Men in the same movie alongside Spider-Gwen and Spider-Ham.

You will want this shit.

If this means we get to see Tobey Maguire, Tom Holland, and Andrew Garfiled Spider-Men in the same movie alongside Spider-Gwen and Spider-Ham.

You will want this shit.

but is that what this means? I thought everybody said the whole project has no spiderman involved

plainr_

Ya'll are going to be on this train once sony announces Tobey Maguire is back. And since Joe Manganiello is out of the job at WB, he can be the new venom.

If the parallel universe idea works out, it's pretty natural theyll do Spider-Verse next.

i dunno man, something just seems off about this whole idea. it looks like sony trying to cash out their spiderman license even more despite the deal they made with disney 2 years ago that really should take care of all things spiderman for them

Avi Arad, where's my Trouble movie? I'd also accept an ultra faithful adptation of Spider-Man: Reign. Hell, you might as well combine the two.

Sony’s Silver Sable And Black Cat Team-Up Movie Features Parallel Universes, Spider-Gwen, Mr. Negative And Doc Ock

I kinda like the sound of that actually. I have zero confidence in Sony but if they really want to get weird with this shit, why not, I'm intrigued.

Lifeline

i dunno man, something just seems off about this whole idea. it looks like sony trying to cash out their spiderman license even more despite the deal they made with disney 2 years ago that really should take care of all things spiderman for them

Obviously it's a cash in, but I still wanna see this mess. Writer of Westworld being involved gives slight hope.

phanphare

Banned

sounds like sony wants to cash in on spider man's newfound relevancy thanks to disney

phanphare

Banned
Newfound relevancy? When was the most money grossing superhero on earth irrelevant?

I mean their movies specifically. after spider man 3 and amazing 1 and 2 they hurt the brand and now with spider man being tied to the MCU there's a newfound relevancy in the movie space. I mean, they obviously had plans for after amazing 2 that they scrapped because the movie was so shit it tarnished that universe.

It seems like after TASM more people realized them shits ain't good.

5 not good Spider-Man movies. Hopefully we'll be 1/6 after Homecoming.

Spider-Man 2 is still considered one if not the best superhero movie.

Even with 30 or so more movies released since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom