• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Morgan Stanley releases speculative analysis about Nintendo's NX business

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
MH is such a terrible codename for anything.

Which is why it suits a handheld just fine.

Maybe, but there is also a 50 page thread on a Twitter rumor from Emily Rogers.

The difference is she presented her info as a rumor. This "codename" is just in the article along with the qualifier (Tentative title) and no other information about it. It seems like a stock analysis article, which would be a bizarre place to introduce a new rumor without saying it got it from any particular source.

That would be My Hope anyway.

takriel

"My something or other" sounds very Nintendo.
My Handheld?
My Hub?

My Hell.

image.php

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It's neither.

Statements so far imply NX: global platform, not a console/handheld.

Kimishima has made that clear by saying that NX wouldn't be another Wii U or 3DS.

MH most likely stands for Mobile Hardware, the handheld "component" of the NX platform.

I wonder if he meant it as brand name.

Saoshyant

Ah, the mandatory handheld for monster hunting. I think this scenario codename has been masterfully handled and I'm massively hopeful for what may happen with this mysterious harbinger of mobile handling.

..Heh.

But, puns aside, everyone and their mother knows Nintendo will make a portable soon. What will be the gimmick/specs is what we are all thirsty for and it's a shame we will have to wait until the end of this year/start of 2017 to know more.

Neoxon

At least amongst those who kept up with Nintendo news in the last year, I don't think there was any doubt that another handheld was coming. The main question right now is if it'll have a (mostly) unified library with the next console or not (because judging by the software droughts, Nintendo may want to go that route this coming gen).

This is not Sony. Nintendo would stop making Mario games before using controlled leaks. You're talking about the company that has avoided using any kind of controlled PR as much as possible since Iwata passed away.
Nintendo isn't some other-worldly God of a company. I wouldn't put controlled leaks past any company. I reckon some of the stuff that DigiTimes/Nikkei occasionally releases info on are part controlled leaks. I have nothing to prove this, just my take on it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with controlled leaks. Timed well, and with the right amount of info, they can work well.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why would a journalist theorize a code name? What a dumb thing to do.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Nintendo isn't some other-worldly God of a company. I wouldn't put controlled leaks past any company. I reckon some of the stuff that DigiTimes/Nikkei occasionally releases info on are part controlled leaks. I have nothing to prove this, just my take on it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with controlled leaks. Timed well, and with the right amount of info, they can work well.

I didn't say that there is something wrong with controlled leaks. They can be a very efficient marketing tool. But Nintendo barely uses the normal marketing tools since last E3. So going now skip passed that directly to controlled leak seems quite outlandish.

roytheone

The difference is she presented her info as a rumor. This "codename" is just in the article along with the qualifier (Tentative title) and no other information about it. It seems like a stock analysis article, which would be a bizarre place to introduce a new rumor without saying it got it from any particular source.

That would be My Hope anyway.
giphy.gif

That was in ancient times.

I still think the NX will be a hybrid bagel/donut toaster. Have to account for those donut screens ya know. Iwata only said it might be multiple form factors, not that there can be some hybrid pastry functions. We will likely get a stationary toaster for home hybrid use and a travel toaster for use on the go. Who wants a cold bagel or donut?

I still think the NX will be a hybrid bagel/donut toaster. Have to account for those donut screens ya know. Iwata only said it might be multiple form factors, not that there can be some hybrid pastry functions. We will likely get a stationary toaster for home hybrid use and a travel toaster for use on the go. Who wants a cold bagel or donut?

But is it Polaris?

Slow thread... Does the guy just mistyped NX by placing his/her fingers one row too high?

HJKLM
XCVBN

Best theory I've heard so far.

I guess if I had to add anything substantial to this thread, it would be that we should indeed be expecting a console and a handheld. I personally am beginning to doubt that those devices will both be under the codename "NX" as Nintendo spokespeople tend to talk about "NX" as a single product, rather than the family of products we should be expecting.

But no, this MH stuff is pretty bonkers, and in this context unless that writer can backup their bizarre choice of codename with a source than I'd assume this is nothing more than a strange guess or typo.

I think Nintendo are up to something.They knew we'd take the bait.

MH stands for Massive Holes....indicating the holes in all the NX rumours/speculations circulating Gaf

Theyre toying with us.

Top Bottom