• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 9 GOTY appears on Amazon UK for PC

i just bought the game on Vita brand new " MK that is " it was only 10$ difference than a used game and i wanted to support the publisher not the local store on this.

i like how smooth the game is, sure for some reason the graphics are not that wow. but the animation / the game play is very engaging. i am honestly loving it more than the console version. mainly for the fact i just can turn on the system and play on the go and continue the story mode. / tower fights etc .

worth the money IMO.

iavi

MK9, KOF, Naruto, all seemingly strong hints at a PC release. WTF is going on.

Naruto's all but confirmed with that 'special UNS3 announcement'
KOF's registry stub is updated regularly
And MK9, good god. If that comes

Nabs

Naruto's all but confirmed with that 'special UNS3 annoncement'

We're also getting Skullgirls, DiveKick and future Capcom games. It feels pretty good.

Keslord

Banned
Why the fuck does everyone only want this, and other titltes, on Steam?

It's fucking DRM. I want to own my games, thank you very much.

ChronoX

It's because most people feel fine with the service that Steam provides despite the fact that we essentially don't "own" the games, somewhat... but I understand what you mean.

I haven't seen this much excitement over a two year old port since I was last in a Wii U thread.

MK9 is a fantastic game, the more people that can play it the better.

hlhbk

Even if you purchase a game in a box with a disk you don't own it. Both in the case of Steam and a physical copy you are purchasing a single license to play the game.

Momentary

Banned

Because I'm in the military (not a very stationary job) and it's super awesome that I can carry all 386 games I own on Steam around with me in one little portable 2tb hard drive and can play all my games in offline mode on my gaming laptop in the middle of a desert as long as I have electricity.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Will Buy if true.

I have a PS3 but I prefer to use my gaming PC for everything....

There's still a number of console games we don't have available to us, though, through purchase or emulation.

Khal_B

Might actually get Injustice if it pops up on Steam. But man, my wallet is cringing with all these recent console to PC ports popping up.

scitek

I think most people would rather a DRM-free version, but that isn't ever going to happen. So, when it comes to the forms of DRM we have to deal with, Steam is by far the least intrusive (provided they don't throw more DRM on it in addition).

Hejdlond

I'd actually buy it just to support them and show that fighting games are viable on the PC. My PS3 and 360 just collect dust these days and I'd REALLY like the next Tekken on PC.

GAMERG0D

I'm not really into fighting games other than SSB and the occasional Street Fighter game, but I'm all for fighting games on PC.

catabarez

This.

Steam's offline mode is still shit almost 10 years later.

I've never had a problem with it and hear there is a fix for people that have problems with it.

Of course I like Steam because it has all of my games in one spot and it's organized. I would like for this to come out on GOG for other people but the chances of that are fairly slim.

Mileena

Banned
Don't get me wrong, I like it for the same reason you listed. I'm just salty because of a recent airport layover I had where my Steam locked me out for a long while. It just reminded me that no form of DRM will ever be better than no DRM at all.

I wonder if it will lag like shit just like the console version. Its what got me to sell that game asap after beating story mode.

Sentenza

DRM done right is no DRM at all
Still, Steamworks is pretty much the most harmless form of DRM you could think about.

For one, its utility as service and community infrastructure out-weights by far its annoyance (?), especially for multiplayer games, where it becomes in some ways an even better option than "no DRM at all".
Beside that, technically speaking it's just an encrypted executable. No harmful stealth drivers installed on your system, unlike SecuROM, TAGES or Starforce.

BJWanlund

Oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please let this be true. I paid $30 for Skullgirls beta access and Steam key, and I'd happily pay $20 for MK9 Komplete Edition on Steam. While I don't like Steam, I kinda have to use it. It's lucky that I now have all 3 OSes it currently supports on computers (Windows, Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X) in some way, shape, or form.

ArjanN

so Boon didnt shut it down on twitter yet?

Ed Boon has reached Kamiya levels of trolling on twitter.

Did notice this there:

Openen Beantwoorden Retweeten Toevoegen aan favorieten Meer
15 maart Ed Boon ‏@noobde
RT ‏@rron007 @noobde Do you have any plans on releasing Injustice on PC? EB: Thinking about it.

Ed Boon ‏@noobde
RT ‏@DirtyLary Hell ya! Both INJUSTICE AND SKULLGIRLS ON PC!! EB: Admire your enthusiasm, but its nothing more than "thinking about it"

sibarraz

Banned

Naruto's all but confirmed with that 'special UNS3 announcement'

Where is the kof registry sub? I couldn't find it anywhere since it was originally revealed, so I thought that it was dropped

Top Bottom