• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

Well, table of kontents-links now works. :p
Had to wait till the entire thread was posted to edit the links into each. :p

This ended way longer than I thought, even when this is the..short version of the thread I was planning.:/
But I never end liking anything I do; which is why I re-started the thread like 4 times through all thsi week, and actually worked in this final one earlier just 3 days ago. :p

Thanks for the kind words everyone (so far :p), and thanks for also behaving and not posting before the entire thread was posted. XD

Hope IMGur doesn't erase everything tomorrow...now I can't even see my avatar (though that one was uploaded to TinyPic). :/

Atruvius

Wow! That's one of the best and the biggest OT's I have ever seen. I'll cant wait read it when I get home.

I have the game pre-orderd and will probably get it on release day unless weekend messes thing up. I hope I don't get bored fast like with Soul Calibur IV.

S1kkZ

MrTroubleMaker said:
Thinking about getting the PS3 version, but did they ever say who the exlusive character will be for the 360?
no and that pisses me off. the game is one week away and they still havent talked about the exclusive 360 stuff (its not a character). i would take a free kenshi dlc (for example) over kratos.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!!!

Now that out of my chest I shall be getting the Ps3 version already have an arcade stick and have the normal edition of the game preordered from gamestop.

Keep playing the damn demo just too keep practicing with the 4 chars.

Nemesis_

Hopefully I can import this. I mean, I imported Silent Hill Homecoming and Left 4 Dead 2 without any problems. >_>

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Damn nice OT, fernoca. Great job!

Cannot wait for this release next week. Come on, NetherRealm!

Tr4nce

Wow, must have been a huge time consuming activity. Threads looks very good dude.

Edit: minor detail: in the OP when you mention all the stages, it says 'Roofstop', but isn't that stage called 'Rooftops'?

xclaw

OT of forever. I'm so stoked about this game. Day one, also don't forget what looks to be the first official "pro" tournament this may 14th-15th... can't wait to see what happens.

Nightwolf represent!

Aske

Excellent.

Flawless OT

20110412-mm2pwkbh5nwkb5gs3kmhawe2gg.jpg

Fatality

DatBreh

Banned
As someone who owns both a 360 and PS3 im pissed they havent revealed what the 360 content is yet. I have yet to put in a pre-order on the game because i want to be sure i get the version with the best exclusive.

Murkas

Can't wait for this!

Anyone in the UK know why the Kollector's edition was removed from GAME's site? It was there before but now I can't find it, I wanted to preorder it :(

fernoca

Tr4nce said:
Wow, must have been a huge time consuming activity. Threads looks very good dude.

Edit: minor detail: in the OP when you mention all the stages, it says 'Roofstop', but isn't that stage called 'Rooftops'?
Nice. Fixing that. ;)

EDIT:
Done. :p

Murkas said:
Can't wait for this!

Anyone in the UK know why the Kollector's edition was removed from GAME's site? It was there before but now I can't find it, I wanted to preorder it :(

Apparently they remove collectors editions from the site when they sell out.

Awesome thread, it reminds me to buy the blu-ray version of Mortal Kombat.

I wonder if there are Australiens brave enough to import MK with that kind of warning.

derFeef

I dont' know my MK lore good enough, but Kitana is evil?
edit: Also little typo at Cyrax, it says "Motswana" once :)

fernoca

derFeef said:
In MKII she was.
Is not till later in that game that she discovers the truth. About Shao Kahn killing her parents, the invasion of Edenia, etc.

This new game, well..that aspect seems to be similar ...at first.

Criminal Upper said:
Awesome kontent for the OT itself...

...but I have to say I'm kinda disappointed by the choice for the OT name.

Ah well, minor point.
Hahaha, yeah. I warned about it a few days ago. :p
Decided to use that one since it's the concept of the game, the concept of the thread and..the name of one of the achievements/trophies. ;)

derFeef said:
edit: Also little typo at Cyrax, it says "Motswana" once :)
Motswana = Person from Botswana ;) (at least that's what I read around :p)

derFeef

fernoca said:
In MKII she was.
Is not till later in that game that she discovers the truth. About Shao Kahn killing her parents, the invasion of Edenia, etc.

This new game, well..that aspect seems to be similar ...at first.

Motswana = Person from Botswana ;) (at least that's what I read around :p)
Ah right, so it resets everything?
And I feel shameful for the Motswana thing now.

-Eddman-

Holy fuck!! Mortal Kombat OT of fernoca stopping the Armageddon. Glorious job dude.

The lore section was specially useful since I like the story but I didn't have much interest in the PS2/Xbox games. Now the time travel stuff works for me in the context of the game universe, not just a simple rebooting device.

What else can I say? Congrats and thanks to NRS and Warner for giving new life to one of my favorite western franchises. Thanks to your thread, I'll buy this game soon, and I don't even have a 360/PS3 at the moment, that's the level of my hype.

Facism

fucking hell what a thread.

it'd take the piss if the game manual is some 4 page black and white piece of shit considering the effort here :D

bathala said:
wow the story from MK1 to 3 wasn't bad at all once u put them in cohesive bullet points :p

I actually think the story from Deadly Alliance to Armageddon is even stronger, especially because of the sweet intro videos and ending vignettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom