• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh snap fen used one of my OT name suggestions! WOOT! Great job!

Ah, so we can blame you then. :p

In all seriousness, the thread title does absolutely nothing for anyone who doesn't know the story/hook of MK9 with the time traveling angle. To everyone else, it just looks like pretty plain and uninspired.

It's like if another fighting franchise that had tons of awesome quotes/catchphrases was suddenly brought back from the dead, (like Killer Instinct) but the OT said something random like:

Killer Instinct 3 l OT l Press Start to Play

Snaku

Banned
Criminal Upper said:
In all seriousness, the thread title does absolutely nothing for anyone who doesn't know the story/hook of MK9 with the time traveling angle. To everyone else, it just looks like pretty plain and uninspired.

Hell, I know the story hook of this game, and that title is still boring. Could have gone with a decent Back to the Future or Doctor Who reference.

bathala

Banned
infinityBCRT said:
I actually think the story from Deadly Alliance to Armageddon is even stronger, especially because of the sweet intro videos and ending vignettes.
I'm not there yet. Not fan of quan chi shinnok that's why I stopped at 4

Dina

Thread title is fine. It's nothing amazing, but it's better then 'Official Neogaf Thread of random game of specific game-related meme and another specific meme and jesus christ what is this threadtitle long'.

Short and contrite. Besides, the content makes up for it.

Linconan

Lol, should add that the chances of being picked up Aus Customs is slim.
Even Official Playstation Mag issue 55 May 2011, says..

Quote:
"Mortal Kombat will now simply find its way into the country via online purchases from overseas retailers.
As an RC game it will be a "prohibited import" but our Customs sources still claims you would be very unlucky to have it inspected and seized at the border."

I like my chances, done it before and i'll do it again.
Pre-order paid :)
Cant wait.

*raises middle finger*
"MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!"

Really long OT titles annoy me too, but I saw lots of suggestions that were short but creative as well.

Anyway, I won't harp on about this anymore, don't want to take anything away from all the awesome work Fernoca put in.

Linconan

OneMoreQuestion said:
This may not apply if you're trying to import a big-ass Kollectors Edition box...

I imported the GTAIV Special Ed version with that metal box from U.S, and got through no probs :p

Just saying...

NeonZ

Amazing op!

Anyway, just a small addition. Shao Khan's throne room was in Armageddon - it was a konquest arena unlockable for Vs mode.

Aske

bathala said:
I'm not there yet. Not fan of quan chi shinnok that's why I stopped at 4

A lot of people dislike Shinnok and/or Quan Chi. What's up with that?

I didn't care for a majority of the new characters introduced in MK4, but Quan Chi and Shinnok both felt like they were designed in the spirit of MK 1 and 2. A creepy bald wizard and a genuine Elder God? Bam! And their MK4 fatalities were some of the best in the series.

How can you not love these magnificent bastards?

20110412-p9eun387kwsfjkdj3jnyyadrs7.jpg

Shinnok

20110412-mxesnk4nj5xxd2896scmbaaqke.jpg

Quan Chi

MK 4 was so awesome. Those voice samples!

I don't mind Quan Chi, but Shinnok is a huge shitbag.

Lame design, bad Tsung moveset rip-off, plus he was a playable end boss, which is always stupid no matter what franchise you're talking about.

DaBuddaDa

First off, bravo to the OP for making such a comprehensive and clearly time consuming thread for a game that deserves it. However, brevity can sometimes be your friend. This is more like an obsessive marketing tool to be sent out to reviewers than a fan page. The "who can make the "best" OP" competition has gotten out of hand.

Aske

Criminal Upper said:
I don't mind Quan Chi, but Shinnok is a huge shitbag.

Lame design, bad Tsung moveset rip-off, plus he was a playable end boss, which is always stupid no matter what franchise you're talking about.

I apologize. That gameplay clip I linked above does not provide the most compelling argument for Shinnok's awesomeness.

Thankfully, the Elder God himself uploaded a video that makes the case better than mere mortals ever could.

Do you wish to beg for mercy from your new master, the Lord Shinnok?

GhostBlade

Neo Member
Holy crap! Being a huge MK fan this is the greatest OT I have yet to see here. I am super impressed and have plenty to read today. Thanks fernoca.

Frankfurt

Banned
Holy shit, fernoca. Holy shit.

Awesome OP. My iPod did a valiant attempt, but it just said "fuck it" and gave up by the time the info on the game spin-offs rolled around.

That being said, you forgot the exposed Mileena vagin... I mean, cosplay videos (come on, they deserve to be there).

Excellent OP, really opened my eyes to all the stuff they have crammed into this, and everything that is waiting to be unlocked in the Krypt. Love it, can’t wait for my 360 Tournament Edition to arrive. Hope Amazon.com gets it out with the standard copies, that’s my only worry.

mhznet

Criminal Upper said:
Ah, so we can blame you then. :p

It's like if another fighting franchise that had tons of awesome quotes/catchphrases was suddenly brought back from the dead, (like Killer Instinct) but the OT said something random like:

Killer Instinct 3 l OT l Press Start to Play

It works for those who do know the story of MK9 and it also works for those who don't know and haven't played a MK since the third (like me) so it's kinda like going back in time and nostalgia-ing because MK is back.

Nice OP btw!

Good lord that is some serious OP action.

I'm still not sure which version I'm getting 360 or PS3.

Either way, in a week some faces 'bout to get owned. I've only had a few months jump on you guys, nothing major.

shinobi602 said:
Kitana is....bad? o_O

What have I been missing this whole time >________>

This is a spoiler from the old MK storyline

She was loyal to Shao Kahn because she believed that he was her real father. Eventually she finds out the truth and turns again him..

SolidSnakex said:
Based on the old MK storyline she was loyal to Shao Kahn because she believed that he was her real father. Eventually she finds out the truth and turns again him..

So she's good now though. OP should be changed Fernoca!

derFeef

flarkminator said:

Either way, in a week some faces 'bout to get owned. I've only had a few months jump on you guys, nothing major.
Wait, you don't you get both versions for free? ;)

Tek

Great OT!!!

Now where the hell is the exclusive kontent for the 360? I wonder when they plan on announcing that? We have a week to go...maybe its really really lame or maybe there isn't anything at all.

:/

Chairhome

flarkminator said:

Me, too. I have PS3 version on pre-order, but I'm wondering which version I should get. I don't have a XBL gold account right now, so I'm probably going to stick with PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom