• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wlwfwh.jpg

Scorpions gunna scorp

shinobi602 said:
So she's good now though. OP should be changed Fernoca!

He's technically correct though. This story spans from MK1-3. In MK1 she was "evil" as she was working for Shao Kahn at the time. She finds out what Kahn did to rule her realm some time after MK1 took place. MK2 is when she becomes a good character.

Dahbomb

Just dropping in this thread to say that the work in the OP is ABSURDLY AMAZING.

I can appreciate the hardwork put in the OP as I too have made a few OPs in my time. I KNOW it took a long time to make that.

I wanted to make a multiple post OP for MVC3 too but last time I made one I got called on for making long ass OPs so I settled for the character length. It's still awesome to see a MEGA OP again.

Anyway I will be buying MK day one but I have kept myself in the dark hence why I haven't visited the threads for new information. Unfortunately I got spoiled on other sites as to which characters are on there but that's fine.

bbjvc

I'm now living in Australia and I didn't care too much about the game being banned, cause I trought I can easily get a copy from international online retailers (playasia.com) until I see this OT.

I mean, are they really gonna rip open my package and exam the game against the blacklist?

How many of you Aussies will import this on release?

Darklord

Banned
bbjvc said:
I'm now living in Australia and I didn't care too much about the game being banned, cause I trought I can easily get a copy from international online retailers (playasia.com) until I see this OT.

I mean, are they really gonna rip open my package and exam the game against the blacklist?

I imported the banned uncut version of L4D2 from 365games. When people got caught importing L4D2 they got a letter saying don't do it or face big fines but no one was fined right away. "

However, I recommend waiting a month. They'll be mostly on the lookout at release. If you really don't want to risk it then check Ebay. Some people will risk it and try and profit from it. Expect to pay $100+ though.

AEREC

Impressive OT...got my Tournament edition on preorder from Amazon...too bad they dont offer release date delivery with it though...so I may be a few days late to the MK party.

Linconan

bbjvc said:
But GTAIV was not banned...
It was Refused Classification.
Then an edited version was submitted and accepted.

I had both version.
Ps3 Unedited, Special Edition.
360 Edited, Special Edition.

Yes i have two Metal boxes :p

Anyway...
Mortal Kombat

I knew fernoca's OT would be kick ass ;)

I recommend everyone read the story on the first page, its a great refresher and you'll probably learn things you didn't know or remember even if you've played all the games. The ending of Deadly Alliance was like the darkest hour for the good guys.

Thread of the decade. I couldnt help myself but smile and nod with very scroll. Shiiiieeettt, so much goodness, fan service and homage in one OT, my entire childhood flashed before my eyes!!

New GafGod is here!!

Nemesis_

bbjvc said:

Play Asia won't ship to Australia. This is the first time they've done it.

For what it's worth, I've heard people can get Silent Hill Homecoming, darkSector and Left 4 Dead 2 all on release month.

However, this is the first time that we've had people come out and say it's banned and they will be fining. It confuses me if this is a different time to usual, or if it's the same deal.

Every single courier shipped item will be checked, most courier companies suck up to brokerage/customs firms by declaring everything as it enters the country. So yeah, only wisdom I would be able to impart is to not get it sent through courier.

GQman2121

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
whats the point of a strategy guide when you have a neogaf OT as good as this one.
Halfway through reading the Original Post(s), that's the first thing that popped into my head.

I hope someone does a spreadsheet with a complete move list that I can print out and study. :p

Linconan

Nemesis556 said:
Play Asia won't ship to Australia. This is the first time they've done it.
Where'd you hear this, may i ask?

I ordered my copy through Play Asia and haven't received anything about them not doing it.
And, nothing being on their site aswell.
Plus i've already paid for it (Paypal)

...er confused.
*scratches head*

Nemesis_

Linconan said:
Where'd you hear this, may i ask?

I ordered my copy through Play Asia and haven't received anything about them not doing it.
And, nothing being on their site aswell.
Plus i've already paid for it (Paypal)

...er confused.
*scratches head*

Hmm, that's really odd. I went to order a copy a month ago and a big red box said THIS IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION. Then, upon checking now, it's now available to order again.

I guess Play Asia don't give a shit if they make money either way.

If you're getting it sent from a web store, and it's marked as such, it will be opened though. So yeah, take that risk if you will

Aesthet1c

Amazing OT!

I've been having a hard time getting hyped for MK since I didn't enjoy Armageddon or MKvsDCU, but this thread changes everything. My body is ready now. The 19th can't come soon enough!

If I could've ever been sold on a game as a result of an OT, this would be the one. Great work, fernoca!

CAN'T WAIT TO BUY THIS SHIT. Me and my buddies are gonna party like it's 1992 when this is released.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Holy crap what an OT! Amazing job fernoca, MY BODY IS READY... to bleeeeed

Frankfurt

Banned
Yesterday's trailer was iffy, but the first episode of Legacy cleared my worries. Coreography was disappointing considering what we saw in Rebirth and what White can do, but it was still good stuff.

Linconan

Nemesis556 said:
If you're getting it sent from a web store, and it's marked as such, it will be opened though. So yeah, take that risk if you will

oh ok, i'm just gunna take your post as trying to scare monga then, yeah!?

IF,
and i do mean a big IF, my package gets opened/confiscated.
I'll just order another, as i know that my chances of getting done again would be .....slim.

But,
Why do i have a feeling of that scene from Simpsons, where Bart keeps trying to get the cheese but gets electrified from Lisa, LOL.
Someone have that gif?!, please tell me someone has that gif,lol
ohhh, i'm my own worst enemy.lol

Linconan said:
oh ok, i'm just gunna take your post as trying to scare monga then, yeah!?

IF,
and i do mean a big IF, my package gets opened/confiscated.
I'll just order another, as i know that my chances of getting done again would be .....slim.

But,
Why do i have a feeling of that scene from Simpsons, where Bart keeps trying to get the cheese but gets electrified from Lisa, LOL.
Someone have that gif?!, please tell me someone has that gif,lol
ohhh, i'm my own worst enemy.lol

You'll end up having to get the boot.

Credo

It's extremely rare that an OT increases my hype for a game, but yours managed to do it, fernoca. Great job!

I've been down on the series for a while, so I'm almost afraid to get excited for this game, but I can't help it. Here's hoping I don't have to resort to only jump kicks for the sub-boss and final boss.

Darklord

Banned
The Lamonster said:
AUS kids need to get this game from a person, not a retail store. It should be disguised in another case.

I wonder if an old MK game with this in the case would fool them? They see an MK game, it's not the new one, they let it through?

Darklord said:
I wonder if an old MK game with this in the case would fool them? They see an MK game, it's not the new one, they let it through?
Who knows. I'd want it in a Sex in the City case or some shit, just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom