• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X on PC (500,000 SOLD) not getting Kombat Pack 2 or XL version

Lumine

Ughh damnit, I was really looking forward to picking this up. Really enjoyed MK9. I waited because of the negative early impressions of the PC port, but I was sure they were going to fix that in time. Instead they're just dropping support entirely aren't they? I really wanted MK XL on PC. :(

Boo!

vg260

No new Netkode, either.

Just to 100% confirm this, they need to address both the netcode and whether they mean just these bundles, and not the content piecemeal. I mean technically, they leave the door open based on the short statements they released. Only because statements are typically carefully worded. Still, pretty much zero chance.

I'm sorry. Just how hard is it to port DLC characters that their cost-benefit analysis isn't breaking even (or better) at this point?

They have to contract out an outside company for that, and I presume it isn't worth it to set up a new contract for just some dlcs.

BiggNife

I remember Angry Joe asking Boon directly in an interview before release if the PC version would be crap or not. Of course it was supposed to be excellent. Fuck you Boon you owe me 60 bucks.

Well I mean

If you're doing PR for your game are you going to tell an interviewer "nah the PC version's gonna be shit"

Not saying it doesn't suck to be lied to, but you can't expect people doing PR to be honest about that sort of stuff

Manu

I remember Angry Joe asking Boon directly in an interview before release if the PC version would be crap or not. Of course it was supposed to be excellent. Fuck you Boon you owe me 60 bucks.

Well, to be fair, what do you expect him to say, "no, it's actually gonna be shit"?

EDIT: For fuck's sake.

MiguelItUp

Hmm... Maybe they won't skimp on PC for their next batch of games.

Honestly after this and Arkham Knight I'm not even going to bother. At least with Arkham Knight's mishaps I was able to get through the game and finish it. MKX I haven't touched for the longest because I was waiting for the PC version to get buffed out, which it honestly hasn't been. I'm so incredibly bummed about this, I feel like I legitimately wasted $60, whereas I was under the assumption that while it was rough it would be fixed in due time and be completely worth it. Guess I was wrong. :(

Well I mean

If you're doing PR for your game are you going to tell an interviewer "nah the PC version's gonna be shit"

Not saying it doesn't suck to be lied to, but you can't expect people doing PR to be honest about that sort of stuff

Well, to be fair, what do you expect him to say, "no, it's actually gonna be shit"?

No, but I would have expected a dodge/evasion or general vague comment instead of an outright lie.

Look at all those people who haven't used the refund feature.

Refunds weren't a thing buddy.

El Sabroso

Same story with Injustice and the Wii U port, left incomplete DLC and no more updates or support, WB Games are a bad publisher after all

Nzyme32

I doubt it

PC sales are shitty because they make shitty ports, they don't put money into the ports which continues this cycle.

Thankfully WB is mostly the exception rather than the rule. There have been great PC versions of games for tons of other games.

Ardvent

Mordor was the last WB PC game I bought. I wish they were more transparent about which games were developed for PC internally vs contracted out, it seems the contracted studios aren't holding up their end.

KingBroly

Banned
Hmm thanks for the explanation. That sucks for those that invested on the PC release.

They setup a new contract with a company to fix it. Don't see why that wouldn't include future DLC/netcode, especially if the netcode's been worked on for 8 months.

We should never accept bold faced lying just because it's PR speak. We expect from him and Warner to actually give a shit about paying customers and just give us what is promised. It's fucking insane that we can't take them at their words anymore.

They setup a new contract with a company to fix it. Don't see why that wouldn't include future DLC/netcode, especially if the netcode's been worked on for 8 months.

There hasn't been anything new under QLOC (contracted company) since september, I think it's safe to assume the contract was dropped or ended

KingBroly

Banned
Yeah, its great numbers. They have 500,000 customers that they're willing to piss off. Even if 10% folks buy the DLC, that's 50,000 units for it. Maybe they've given up on the PC release altogether.

It's also 500k copies IN SPITE OF the game's terrible performance and word of mouth.

kewlmyc

That's a terrible question. How else are supposed to answer a question like that other than "no it'll be good."

Really wish the Steam Refund system was out in March when this game came out, so people could get their money back for this piece of shit.

fuck_boon.gif

garyizraw

Banned
I don't play on PC but i have incredible respect for every community that indulges in fighting games. With that being said WB/Netherrealm you just turned into my mortal enemy with the way you have treated this group of individuals.

Tagyhag

Shame, Mortal Kombat 9 had its share of problems but after a few patches it's a great performing game (Netcode still sucks) and it sold almost 1 million.

WB needs to learn that you don't get sales on PC if you don't put up the time to make a good port.

Interfectum

One would assume the KP2 sales plus avoiding negative PR would be worth farming this out to PC as well. Seems like a short-sighted decision.

zenpuff

Neo Member
I've never asked for a refund for a Steam game before...I even got Arkham Knight working on my own and was fine with that, but this is just bullshit. I thought NRS made an awesome game and I was psyched to play it. Then the launch was broken. Then the online didn't work. Now this. I think I've managed to get 2 actual online fights going in that game. I honestly wish I could get my money back.

I didn't WB's reputation on PC could get any worse, but here we are.

No one will know because no one will buy them.

No I am sure I will be dumb enough to believe in the Hype for at least one WB game down the line... lucky for me Steam lets me do refunds once I realize my mistake.

That's a terrible question. How else are supposed to answer a question like that other than "no it'll be good."

Really wish the Steam Refund system was out in March when this game came out, so people could get their money back for this piece of shit.

It's a harsh uncomfortable question but such frankness was needed after the very sub-par port of MK9 to gain confidence back.

dickroach

Look at all those people who haven't used the refund feature.

!!! forgot about that.
just requested one. I tried playing it for like 20 minutes one night and it ran like shit. definitely wouldn't mind a refund.

you can request a refund after 14 days. doesn't seem like a guaranteed refund, but "Your request will go to our Support team and we will respond to you at _________." we'll see

Top Bottom