• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X on PC (500,000 SOLD) not getting Kombat Pack 2 or XL version

Yeah sucks to hear that PC players got left in the dust, like how Wii U owners didn't get the last 2 DLC characters for Injustice, not even getting the Ultimate Edition. And also hearing how Batman: Arkham Knight PC had a pretty disastrous launch as well. GG, WB Games and NRS.

WarpathDC

Not for everyone. My friend and I played the game this month and it didn't have any major problem (both of us have a GTX 970).

I have a 970 2-way SLI rig and it still has massive memory leaks, even without forcing SLI (no native support, another feature dropped after the fact). Compare your 970 performance to what was initially advertised.yes, it's actually playable now but it is still fundamentally broken.
-----
To stay on topic though WB is treating PC like it's the Wii U with an 8-10k sell-through rate for a game they decide to stop supporting. It sold a half a million fucking copies. Last post on this bc I'm pissed I'd have to buy this on console to play content pack 2 but go eat a bag of dicks WB.

What a way to screw over a part of your fanbase. I assume the next Netherrealm game won't come to PC.

It probably won't after this fiasco. All they care about are their "precious" console versions that will be used in tournaments anyhow. At least Capcom gives a damn.

vg260

It's a shame WB is abandoning it now. I recently bought the PC deluxe version for 10 bucks just to mess around, and feel like even that was a waste now.

I can totally see how this would sour people on picking up the KP2 on consoles or skipping the XL edition totally now.

Ugh, it's like they just fucking gave up.

I've been a huge fan of the creators and franchise for 2 decades now and this is the first time I've been genuinely angry their business practices. Almost complete radio silence from them for about 4 months only for to come out and sheepishly sweep the PC port under the rug. No official announcement. Just a post form the community manager on a fan forum.

I mean what the fuck. Completely unprofessional.

Rolodzeo

I bought MKX on Steam recently expecting to play as the Xeno with the Kombat Pack 2. I'm extremely disappointed.

Didn't they outsource the whole PC version to High Voltage?

Yes, which is what makes it so weird that people are shitting on NRS in this thread.

Decisions like this are almost always made by the publisher, and the times they're not are when the developer is so big they can jerk the publisher around (I'm sure Take Two would love a PC version of Red Dead Redemption.) Shit on WB all you want, but don't get it twisted and act like NRS has incompetent engineers here.

MUnited83

For you.
Yes I'm sure you meant the new steam feature of talking to steams shitty support for hours not the other new feature of refunds right?

The new feature of refunds worked for games released way before refunds were a thing. When they first introduced the feature they had a very wide window of returns so people who bought games several months before could use refunds too.

Yes, which is what makes it so weird that people are shitting on NRS in this thread.

Decisions like this are almost always made by the publisher, and the times they're not are when the developer is so big they can jerk the publisher around (I'm sure Take Two would love a PC version of Red Dead Redemption.) Shit on WB all you want, but don't get it twisted and act like NRS has incompetent engineers here.

They are both to blame as far as I'm concerned.

You know, WB, NRS, & Ed Boon are getting very cocky just because they have casuals buying their MK games, all while ignoring everyone else, such as wanting better online, wanting more MK characters instead of movie characters, etc., & now this news.

I hope that Capcom bone rushes them in popularity with SF V.

fernoca

Well i suppose i'll just quote myself from the other thread, and carry on from here...
You know, WB & Ed Boon are getting very cocky just because they have casuals buying their MK games, all while ignoring everyone else, such as wanting better online, wanting more MK characters instead of movie characters, etc., & now this news.

Though the blame lies on WB. They appointed High Voltage for the PC port, but there are so many problems on it that it would technically recqire porting the game all over again.

Which if WB cared they would've done already...or by appointing a better developer to port right from the beginning.

Netherrealm/Ed Boon are the main developers of MK but in the end just employees of WB.

WB or High Voltage were not mentioned anywhere in the article. Just Netherrealms

MMaRsu

Banned
Fucking Netherrealm. What a shitty company
Fuck them, no combat pass or any future games from their for me.

Fuck you NRS u assholes

( i dont own a pc but I hate the lack of respect for their fanbase )

Fucking Netherrealm. What a shitty company
Fuck them, no combat pass or any future games from their for me.

Fuck you NRS u assholes

( i dont own a pc but I hate the lack of respect for their fanbase )

Eh... I wouldn't blame Neatherrelm. Hell they didn't even work on the PC version.

Aklamarth

Doctor Ironic said:
Shit on WB all you want, but don't get it twisted and act like NRS has incompetent engineers here.

Have you seen that gif where Boone was assuring us the PC version is great ?
Well, fuck Boon, NSR, WB and High Voltage for good measure. They are all to blame.

MMaRsu

Banned
fuck_boon.gif

Jesus christ even Ed Boon has turned into a lying PR bitch.

Fuuuuuuuuuck

T.O.P

Banned
Bought the game plus pass for 15$ a month after release so I'm not even mad

Still, last MK game i'm buying, get fucked

MMaRsu

Banned
Eh... I wouldn't blame Neatherrelm. Hell they didn't even work on the PC version.

Well, i put part of the blame with them but I didnt know that.

Still the ps4 version has issues too but instead of fixing it they are selling dlc. Sure they are improving the netcode but is there still a ps4 regionlock?

Anyway fuck WB and Ed Boon then, lying assholes,shitty company. And Ill stick with not supporting NRS.

Naite

After arkham knight, I swore off all WB games but made an exception for MK because I like what NRS does and much they've improved since the older MK games. But now I might stop purchasing their stuff as well. I have a ps4 version as well but I lost the will to get the Kombat pack 2 after this.

Ashhong

I paid 10$ for this game for PC just to get the rewards on MKX Mobile. I didn't play much but didn't notice too many issues..

Arkham Knight on PC is still a shit show what are you talking about? , secondly it's 13 dollars because a) WB flooded the market with keys to resellers prior to launch and b) the launch, like Arkham, was a nightmare. There are 350 players because it's a lazy shit show of a port with their net code.

If you are from Europe, add me on Steam and you will see how smooth MKX online is now. I challenge anyone from Europe to send me pm, meet in MKX and see for themselves that all the Steam reviews problems are fixed. If you played the game in spring/summer, it had problems. Now... No problems at all.

NA... I don't like 100+ ping.

NRS were ok, some things are out of their control. They took PC port and fixed all of its problems that High Voltage didn't. I would like to believe that it was WB who decided against PC Kombat Pack 2 because there was no money to be made.

Edit: Actually there is a problem on PC port: gamma. They are using TV gamma so there are crushed blacks. Rainy temple map is really dark, Selfie fatality also has a fucked up contrast/blacks.

fernoca

Sure, MKX is not even their game right?
High Voltage ported the game. WB chose HV among others because they tend to work fast and for relatively cheap.

Bluepoint, Tantalus, Ready at Dawm have a considerably better track record. But they're probably busier and do take time and care.

He is right. Ed Boon striaght up LYING that this would be a good port. Lets not just say its all WB and High Voltag3.
Okay, shit on Ed Boon, but consider the following:
A) Do you expect Boon to tell you that the PC version is shit and you shouldn't buy it?
B) Do you think Boon is the only person who works at NRS?

Really.....Even if NRS didn't make it directly, they worked with High Voltage porting it to PC.

I'm not sure you understand how game development works.

If your parents give you a chore and continually check in on how it's going, and you never finish it, is it their fault that you didn't do it?

If you go to work and your boss trains you on how to do a job and then pays you expecting to do it, and you never do, is it your boss's fault that the job didn't get done?

Top Bottom