• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X on PC (500,000 SOLD) not getting Kombat Pack 2 or XL version

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
WB really hates PC users for some reason.

I mean, if that's the case just stay on console, MK9 was console exclusive for a while.

I think that would be more appreciated than screwing over PC users after they give you their money.

Why are you even defending them?
Again, nice comeback dude. Are you gonna actually engage in the discussion or just keep getting mad I'm not hopping on the bandwagon with you?

I'm not defending WB or the bad PC port. Both of those things are very bad. What I am saying is that it's dumb to attack a group of people who are not in charge of a version of a game for that version of the game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It was honestly one of the worst PC ports ever for many reasons, I only wish I had my PS4 back when I bought it.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
WB is garbage tier.
Sourcing development to garbage tier studios is beyond me. It's like they are trying to kill their brand in the gaming market.

WB really hates PC users for some reason

Its because pc ports require more effort then a lot of publishers are willing to put forth. Some simply want a quick cheap port job to maximize profits. Of course at times it backfires immensely. Look at how Ubisoft used to treat pc gamers. They've learned since that they can't keep pissing off a market as large as the pc one.

Again, nice comeback dude. Are you gonna actually engage in the discussion or just keep getting mad I'm not hopping on the bandwagon with you?

I'm not defending WB or the bad PC port. Both of those things are very bad. What I am saying is that it's dumb to attack a group of people who are not in charge of a version of a game for that version of the game.

Nice comeback. Who they hell do you think you are slinging insults around? I'm not some kid. I'm engaged in the discussion. I don't really give a damn what you think.

WB is ultimately responsible and I stated that. It is still NRS's game even if they didn't personally port it.

Mesoian

I guess I'm just not going to get WB games anymore.

Remember when WB games was and up and coming dark horse publisher who could have taken the gaming world by storm?

I don't think it's fair to say Boon was lying on whether or not the port was of the same quality as the consoles. 1) What was he going to say, really? and 2) It might have been completely fine at the time of the interview. Despite HV's record, I'm sure there was some confidence there.

MY issue is that fans have been asking about Kombat Pack 2 being on the PC since the trailer debuted in the beginning of December. The Steam logo was absent from the trailer which raised more than a few eyebrows.

They knew about the drop in support for the PC for a good while now. Some in this thread could have very well bought the game just in preparation for the new content. Instead of coming cleans months ago, they stayed in silence and we don't even hear it from WB or NRS. A community manager on a fan forum.

Unacceptable. People have the right to be pissed.

Hassun

Neo Member
Extremely crappy behaviour from both WB and NRS. And yes they are both to blame for this, not just one of them.

JoseLopez

Nice comeback. Who they hell do you think you are slinging insults around? I'm not some kid. I'm engaged in the discussion. I don't really give a damn what you think.

WB is ultimately responsible and I stated that. It is still NRS's game even if they didn't personally port.
Do you understand that nrs doesn't control what happens to the pc port? And the other dude is pointing out how you just want to pile on boon without any discussion which is exactly what you did.

Do you understand that nrs doesn't control what happens to the pc port? And the other dude is pointing out how you just want to pile on boon without any discussion which is exactly what you did.

I don't really care. I'm mad and ain't nothing going to change that.

EDIT; I know who made the port and who cleaned it up. I'm not stupid. However, I think NRS still has some responsibility in this.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Impressive sales, although I was under the impression no-one is playing it much?

Online was unplayable for months, and I assume still is which is why no one plays it. The PC port was refund worthy.

MiguelItUp

Impressive sales, although I was under the impression no-one is playing it much?

I think it's primarily because of the lack of proper support / patches. A lot of people would've gotten refunds if they could've, but they weren't able. I put about 8 hours into the game from it's release to now, because I tried to get my money's worth, but it always had issues. Again, not Arkham Knight level, but enough to be shocked when they weren't fixed. The netcode alone is something that kept me from even playing online. But for them to just be done with it and not even support it anymore is absolutely terrible.

EDIT; I know who made the port and who cleaned it up. I'm not stupid. However, I think NRS still has some responsibility in this.

Just FYI, "engaging in a discussion" usually does not involve barging into a topic, declaring your opinion, and then just shouting everyone who dissents down with "I DON'T CARE!"

See, you are on NeoGAF, a set of Internet "forums." On "forums," people discuss "topics." "Topics" are nuanced, and have a lot of things involved that you can have differing opinions on, making a fully-fledged point!

Saying stuff like "why are you even defending them?" is not disagreeing with someone because of nuanced reasons, it is being mad that someone has a different opinion than you.

Just FYI, "engaging in a discussion" usually does not involve barging into a topic, declaring your opinion, and then just shouting everyone who dissents down with "I DON'T CARE!"

See, you are on NeoGAF, a set of Internet "forums." On "forums," people discuss "topics." "Topics" are nuanced, and have a lot of things involved that you can have differing opinions on, making a fully-fledged point!

Saying stuff like "why are you even defending them?" is not disagreeing with someone because of nuanced reasons, it is being mad that someone has a different opinion than you.

Uh. I created the thread that was merged if you were paying attention. I'm not some kid. I'm ignoring you.

Garlador

network.gif

To be fair, you have every reason to be.

Wow, this is horseshit. How is this not financially viable? this would be an easy way to resell and push the improved PC version. It's not like I can sell my PC version and rebuy on console, I'd have to completely rebuy the game. First we get fucked with a bad port, now we get double fucked by them not supporting Kombat Pack 2 for no apparent reason other than them not wanting to bother?

Why leave money on the table while screwing over part of your fanbase that is obviously willing to support you, but could damage your relationship with these fans in the long run more than it already has?

Draft

Ed Boon shouldn't be allowed to wash his hands of this, as if WB does what it pleases with Mortal Kombat without any input from NRS. Ed Boon definitely has money in his pocket generated by 500k sales on PC so the idea that he can just feel really bad about the shoddy treatment of those customers is bunk. He sold a significant portion of the Mortal Kombat audience a subpar product, and either he knew it was going to be sub par or he SHOULD HAVE known. Did he see the PC version? Did he know how DLC was going to work on the PC version? If not, why not? Was he OK with the PC version shipping in a state that would make it difficult or impossible to sell DLC? For a game as DLC heavy as Mortal Kombat, did he consider that a significant issue? Very fair questions and I bet Ed Boon's answer to them is equal parts infurating and disappointing.

Dysun

I would have bought the DLC for MKX (Already own the first DLC)

Same goes for Arkham Knight DLC if the game wasn't a mess

Get fucked WB

Khezu

From what it sounds like 100-300 people play it daily.
So it's super dead.

So I guess WB just doesn't see it worthwhile to even try, new DLC and netcode could breathe life into the game, but probably not enough to warrant wasting money and resources.

They should port it either way though, since it's super shitty to burn bridges with your customers.

mdsfx

What the f*ck NRS? Put hundreds of hours into this game and have purchased all of the content. Was really looking forward to KP2. Thanks for caring.

Never buying one of their games again.

At least Techlan,Monolith Productions, and Avalanche put out good ports under Warner Bros. Just sucks that essentially WB's biggest games are the one's getting the worst ports.

Afair Techland and Avalanche ported their own game to the PC, don't know about Monolith. For Mortal Kombat they hired High Voltage. Well, that explains it all ...

Sad that Capcom bothered to sort out the mess that was SF4 GFWL to Steamworks, but WB can't even be arsed to do the same with their premiere fighting game.

The abominable launch definitely fucked it for them. Should have known better in the first place, judging from their MK9 launch.

I could be saying im glad I bought this on PS4, but I just wish I didnt buy it at all. Would rather not support this fuckery

Agreed, I'm glad that I never bought it.

I'd rather support companies like Capcom, Namco-Bandai, SNK Playmore, & Arc System Works on their fighters. Sheesh.

Valkrai

From what it sounds like 100-300 people play it daily.
So it's super dead.

So I guess WB just doesn't see it worthwhile to even try, new DLC and netcode could breathe life into the game, but probably not enough to warrant wasting money and resources.

They should port it either way though, since it's super shitty to burn bridges with your customers.

It's not like WB really cared about their PC ports. Batman Arkham Origins had a ton of bugs but they just focused on putting out DLC. The Arkham Knight was atrocious at launch and is still broken.

MK9 is unplayable online due to its godawful netcode and Injustice is completely dead due to the exact same issues that plague MK9.

Q8D3vil

Apparently the netcode on pc is total dogshit and now they are not even bothering releasing new content, fuck off WB.

fernoca

Right. WB needs to be boycotted on all platforms. They can't be rewarded for shitting on and eventually abandoning PC by buying their games on consoles.
That's the problem with many "boycotts" though.

"Fuck WB...but I can't wait for The Witcher 3 DLC". (They published TW3 in the US so they also get some of your support).

But that's the key. By buying TW3 and TW3 DLC, you tell them you want more TW3 and had no problems whatever they did with the release.

If anything, boycott the specific developer (in this case anything made by High Voltage).

But then that also brings some issues. Arkham Knight PC was done by Iron Galaxy which was bad enough to be pulled from sale. Yet, they've been doing Killer Instict on Xbox One which receives praise from all sides.

Like with everything, maybe do some research and not buy some specific games day one.

Garlador

Ed Boon shouldn't be allowed to wash his hands of this, as if WB does what it pleases with Mortal Kombat without any input from NRS. Ed Boon definitely has money in his pocket generated by 500k sales on PC so the idea that he can just feel really bad about the shoddy treatment of those customers is bunk. He sold a significant portion of the Mortal Kombat audience a subpar product, and either he knew it was going to be sub par or he SHOULD HAVE known. Did he see the PC version? Did he know how DLC was going to work on the PC version? If not, why not? Was he OK with the PC version shipping in a state that would make it difficult or impossible to sell DLC? For a game as DLC heavy as Mortal Kombat, did he consider that a significant issue? Very fair questions and I bet Ed Boon's answer to them is equal parts infurating and disappointing.

Now, I agree it's all BS, and Ed Boon DOES hold some responsibility... but it's clear to me that a lot of things that happen are, indeed, fully out of his hands, beyond his control, and his "influence" is vastly overstated.

Same thing happened with Injustice support on Wii U.
It's Not That Simple

Moaradin

Feel sorry for anyone who bought this on PC. Injustice and MK9 taught me to never buy NetherRealm games on PC. They are 0-3 right now.

Valkrai

That's the problem with many "boycotts" though.

Fuck WB...but I can't wait for The Witcher 3 DLC. (They published TW3 in the US so they also get some of your support).

But that's the key. By buying TW3 and TW3 DLC, you tell themyou want more TW3 and had no problems whatever they did with the release.

If anything, boycott the specific developer (inthis case anything made by High Voltage).

But then that also brings some issues. Arkham Knight PC was done by Iron Galaxy whuch was bad enough to be pulled from sale. Yet, they've been doing Killer Instict on Xbox One which receives praise from all sides.

Like wuth everything, maybe do some research and not buy some specific games day one.

You could buy it on GOG and show CD Projekt Red that they've done a good job. It's self-published there and goes directly to them.

vocab

Fuck WB...but I can't wait for The Witcher 3 DLC. (They published TW3 in the US so they also get some of your support).

Not really. They act as a distributor for the physical release of TW3. They are not the publisher. They get no support or any money for the dlc or anything digital. Valve used EA as a distributor for a bunch of their physical titles, same premise.

Top Bottom