• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X on PC (500,000 SOLD) not getting Kombat Pack 2 or XL version

GHG

PzycP1s.jpg

Don't think I'll get another PC port from these guys again.

Wow Warner are real pieces of shit when it comes to their PC customers, so the netcode fixes aren't coming to PC as well?

I regret getting MKX and giving them money and add the fact that I haven't even touched Arkham Knight because of the issues it has when it was one of my most anticipated titles of last year and Warner is starting get Konami levels of shit.

You are tricking yourself into thinking that AK has any major problems left. + PC version is 13 dollars.

MKX is less than 10 dollars. It spins between 1000 and 350 concurrent users every day. It works fine, but they aren't going to make money on that DLC even if it hit PC version.

I would buy that pack for a discounted price, I believe it is unfair to PC players. BUT I understand that there is no financial incentive to do PC DLC. They haven't even reset'ed leaderboards, there are people who glitched into top 10 spots with millions of wins and 0 defeats.

Jawmuncher

At least Techlan,Monolith Productions, and Avalanche put out good ports under Warner Bros. Just sucks that essentially WB's biggest games are the one's getting the worst ports.

WarpathDC

Well fuck you WB. That's the last game I buy from you. I must be an idiot for buying the premium edition of MK then buying Arkham Knight.

KingBroly

Banned
There hasn't been anything new under QLOC (contracted company) since september, I think it's safe to assume the contract was dropped or ended

It's a matter of foresight. They've been working on the new netcode for 8 months, so that's since last April/May at this point. They've basically ditched the PC version since then if they aren't putting new content on there.

VariantX

Shame, Mortal Kombat 9 had its share of problems but after a few patches it's a great performing game (Netcode still sucks) and it sold almost 1 million.

WB needs to learn that you don't get sales on PC if you don't put up the time to make a good port.

Kind of like the polar opposite of what capcom did with Ultra, the change over to from GFWL to steamworks, really screwed up the netcode, but rather than abandon the game and the people who gave them money for it, they actually worked on it to fix their screwups.

Lomax

Wow, definitely won't be buying it until it hits $5 then. This seems to increasingly be the downside of day one pc versions, instead of getting the best version late, we're getting the worst version early.

You guys know you can refund games that came out before refunds right? Especially if you haven't played them much. Never hurts to try and if you actually fill out the reason form they'll have feedback as to why you're trying to get a refund.

Lettuce

So the only decent port WB have had is Shadow Of Mordor then??....poor form!

What games do WB have in the pipeline for PC?

jett

D-Member
Well, fuck WB.

I'm glad to say I'm never, ever purchasing a PC game from that shithouse company again.

Justinh

Why anyone would have faith enough in WB to pre-order any of their PC games is beyond me at this point. Now, ending support for a product so soon is terrible especially when this is only the case for one platform.
When it comes to game preorders, then yeah sure refunds can get you your money back if shit's whack, but dropping support on a game later on, especially a fighting game (which I imagine would kill the community for that platform) is really shitty... like Arkham Origins kind of shitty.

lol, that mug...

Still can't hate Boon now. I just can't! I just really dislike WB even more.

JoseLopez

I could be saying im glad I bought this on PS4, but I just wish I didnt buy it at all. Would rather not support this fuckery
Well you're not supporting that since you didn't buy the shitty pc port.

I think this is a direct response to the ports quality and hopefully their next batch of games won't be handled by a small dev.

You guys know you can refund games that came out before refunds right? Especially if you haven't played them much. Never hurts to try and if you actually fill out the reason form they'll have feedback as to why you're trying to get a refund.

It was a single lifetime courtesy back then.

WarpathDC

You are tricking yourself into thinking that AK has any major problems left. + PC version is 13 dollars.

MKX is less than 10 dollars. It spins between 1000 and 350 concurrent users every day. It works fine, but they aren't going to make money on that DLC even if it hit PC version.

I would buy that pack for a discounted price, I believe it is unfair to PC players. BUT I understand that there is no financial incentive to do PC DLC. They haven't even reset'ed leaderboards, there are people who glitched into top 10 spots with millions of wins and 0 defeats.

Arkham Knight on PC is still a shit show what are you talking about? , secondly it's 13 dollars because a) WB flooded the market with keys to resellers prior to launch and b) the launch, like Arkham, was a nightmare. There are 350 players because it's a lazy shit show of a port with their net code.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Not surprising honestly..if they don't think it's worth the effort WB won't go the extra mile.For example MK9 was running off the GameSpy servers but when the GameSpy servers shutdown they migrated MK9's servers to a new service on Consoles but they didn't bother to migrate the PS Vita version of MK9 to the new servers so now the PS Vita version doesn't have Online Mode anymore.

mbpm1

I was thinking about picking up MKX for PC finally since there was supposed to be a new patch with netkode fixes and new kharacters

but I guess they hate the PC Klone

It's fustrating

jett

D-Member
You are tricking yourself into thinking that AK has any major problems left.

I'm not tricking myself into seeing AK on PC still suffering from stutters caused by memory leaks, even on the last patch. I gave that thing every possible chance. Has never been not fucked. That sad thing is that it's a fun game, and I pretty much played it to the end in its fucked status.

WB exec will see this post and say "cool, see you on console then!"

My PC is the only gaming machine I got, so I guess I won't be seeing them anywhere.

JoseLopez

Yes I'm sure you meant the new steam feature of talking to steams shitty support for hours not the other new feature of refunds right?

Nzyme32

There hasn't been anything new under QLOC (contracted company) since september, I think it's safe to assume the contract was dropped or ended

Yeah that seems likely. From what I think people worked out, it seems that High Voltage were given the boot and they had QLOC take the reigns and attempt to clean up some of the issues, but they seem to have decided the cost doesn't benefit them enough so they'd rather bale on supporting the PC version. It's atrocious to cut support for a game that soon while it still has support else where.

In this worst case scenario I don't understand why they don't just wait till it is 100% done and do a port at that point. Hell, make the XL version a new listing on Steam as well (to get rid of the mixed reviews rating, show up as a new release, etc) and give all previous owners the XL version (or a heavy loyalty discount). It is hard to believe it wouldn't be worth it.

They should have just had NRS do the PC version from the get go - a consistently updated game + outsourced release sounds like a recipe for disaster. As it is this is basically a huge fuck you to everyone who bought it on PC.

RedFox85

This is really stupid I bought both MKX AND Arkham Knight+Season Pass.. I think I will boycott this horrible company on any platform I own from here on out, I need less games to play anyway.

jacobeid

Banned
WB is one of the worst publishers out there. Season pass drama, MKX on PC, Arkham Knight on PC....

and to think I had such high hopes for them around 2010-2011.

Are any of you guys going to keep buying their games on other platforms?

A lot of people have said they are just going to buy it on consoles from now on like Warner is supposed to give a shit when they still get their money lol.

And I'm not buying anything from Warner on PC again until the GOTY edition is out and isn't buggy as shit from now on (good thing I dodged Arkham Knight and MKX). I'm not going to risk them not putting the season pass content on PC after I bought the game, not even for a Superman game man I'll fucking wait.

I'm not tricking myself into seeing AK on PC still suffering from stutters caused by memory leaks, even on the last patch. I gave that thing every possible chance. Has never been not fucked. That sad thing is that it's a fun game, and I pretty much played it to the end in its fucked status.

My PC is the only gaming machine I got, so I guess I won't seeing them anywhere.

Had to restart the game once on 770 because it started to stutter, probably due to the memory leak. I have beaten the game in November, 25 hour ingame. There are plenty of people in that 30FPS Darkness thread who would agree with me when I say that all the major problems are ironed out. Clearly I am not being a pedant and I can tolerate an odd dip from 50 to 30 here and there, but the game never drops into anything unplayable. If you cannot tolerate that, then perhaps the game is fucked for you.

Top Bottom