• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Oh yeah. Anyone else downloading the soundtrack to the first movie to heighten online play?

Really excited to see how Sonya and Ermac compare to their MK9 iterations as well as Cassie for newcomers.

I've heard the doom and gloom surrounding the netcode, but I'm still crossing my fingers.

Can't wait to get my hands on this game when it unlocks on my PS4. Finished pre-loading it earlier today and I've just been watching the clock tick on the timer.

Fantastic OT

malfcn

Comes out on my birthday.

After the unboxing of the Coarse figure I almost wish I got it.
Still love my bookends from MK9 though.

sjay1994

Really excited to see how Sonya and Ermac compare to their MK9 iterations as well as Cassie for newcomers.

I've heard the doom and gloom surrounding the netcode, but I'm still crossing my fingers.

Yeah, I am also crossing my fingers. The netcode for MK9 and Injustice made me stop playing those games in their early life cycle.

Also, how does one make a good netcode?

Has anyone else's copy from Amazon been listed as shipped yet? Or at least as "shipping now"? Mine just says "Arriving Apr 14, 2015," and if I click on the tracking info, it just says that my order was received, but hasn't started shipping yet. I recall all of my release day shipments in the past being listed as shipped/shipping at least two days early.

UberLevi

8iBNbt5.gif

This game is gonna be
nuts

RM8

Also, how does one make a good netcode?
I don't play Skullgirls, but I've read very positive comments about their netcode. And it makes me think... How come an indie game with an exponentially smaller budget can get it right unlike many bigger fighters!? We Street Fighter players on PC had to endure an eternity with the most broken and terrible netcode since the Ultra update, until some days ago when it finally got fixed. Then KOFXIII is extremely hit or miss, and MK/Injustice seem to have chronic netcode issues. It's pretty weird.

Cheddahz

Banned
have the game pre-ordered for the xbox one and i'm gonna go pick up my copy before classes tomorrow

too bad i actually have to go to classes

Can't wait to pick this up soon (has to be in the next 1-2 weeks because of school) but it'll be worth the fucking wait. 1080p/60fps MKX - fuck yes.

HiiiLife

I said I was gonna preload this but still haven't made the effort to pull my card out.

Maybe I'll just stop by a GameStop tomorrow around 10. Assuming games are still releasing everywhere at 12EST nowadays.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
this + cancel Gamefly and write in the message "shoulda sent me MK fuckers"

I really don't have the cash to pay $60 for this right now. PLEASE DONT FAIL ME GAMEFLY.
I'm in the same boat as you guys. Empty queue for a week. Hope it gets sent out right away.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Can someone tell me what the button layout is?

Can I simply use
1-2 Block
3-4

How do you do intractables?

zogged

Man, I wasn't that interested in picking up the game, but after watching the launch trailer i ended up spending the last week consuming every single piece of media I could get my hands on. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Dremark

Banned
Nice OT hammer.

Region locking on PS4 really turned me off on picking this up right away but the game looks hype as hell!

To clarify, the game isn't region locked, but the online play is gated off so you can only play vs. People in the same region.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Square/X: Left Punch
Triangle/Y: Right Punch
X/A: Left Kick
Circle/B: Right Kick

L1/LB: Throw
R1/RB: Interactable
L2/LT: Stance Change
R2/RT: Block/Meter Burn/Run

Thank you. <3

Wait can this game be played on a 6 button stick? My xbox one stick is 6 button.

Thank you. <3

Wait can this game be played on a 6 button stick? My xbox one stick is 6 button.

You're welcome. :)

Yeah, you could do so. I mean you really don't need the Stance/Throw button.

Edit: I'm crazy. I forgot you need to do L2+R2/LT+RT to X-Ray. :x

Top Bottom