• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most annoying avatars on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm...*googles*

Wikipedia said:
Girls' Generation (Korean: 소녀시대, Hanja: 少女時代, So Nyeo Shi Dae ) is a nine-member South Korean girl group formed by SM Entertainment in 2007.

hmmmmmmmm......

Momo

Banned
Jenga said:
as a fan of amine, I can fully attest to the foolishness of equating it to immaturity

anime on the other hand, whoo whee that shit is for kids
Man it's 2 minutes to home time, I wasnt paying attention to my spelling. With that said, adiós till later GAF =P

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Yamato's avatar is the only annoying SNSD one.

BTW: Anyone have any idea where the (NSFW source NSFW) of my avatar is from?

I tried TinEye and got nothing. Even ventured into the depths of Tartarus,
/b/
, but that was no help either.

Momo said:
Guy, I hope you arent equating amine with immaturity, because thats dead wrong.
Well apparently Animé! fans can't even spell ..."Animé" More the reason they shouldn't also be allowed to bare these avatars!

And no fans of animated Hayao Miyazaki films are not "Animé" fans...

Animated features made in Asia Pacific =/= Animé, so just stop it with that crap!

Ceres

Banned
EricHasNoPull said:
This couldn't be quoted enough times for truth!

Most animated (motion) avatars are shit and very distracting in here, Animé? GTFO of the house!, Pokémon?? Grow the fuck up! Justice or Gomez?? see Animé & Pokémon.

I'm also with team anti-stretchy (wrong) proportion avatar.

Also crappy low quality, pixelated ones, or simply just bad art/composition?!? why? How hard is it to find a nice and clean 100x100 or less jpeg on the Goddamn Internets these days?

Other than those I'm quite okay with the other ones. Don't mind the sports teams, athletes, celebrities, supermodels etc. those are pretty pedestrian and not offensive, unlike the ones mentioned above!

Gaming is perfectly fine of course! (So long as it's not Pokemon)

Keep it classy and mature GAF.

hvazvq.gif

PantherLotus said:
Please tell me mine hasn't been mentioned. I remember a time when people called it "classic." Then SNSDGAF took over.
Don't worry. It's still a classic.

damn that's nice said:
"just as planned" -matt damon, the departed
Could you slow down your avatar's spaz attack just a tich? For my own sanity at least?

Neki

I guess if it was white girls acting like idiots, it'd be completely okay, AMIRITE?

because no acting is involved in that case

Momo

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Please tell me mine hasn't been mentioned. I remember a time when people called it "classic." Then SNSDGAF took over.
Momo said:
while I do agree, pantherlotus' avatar is a classic and cannot be hated on.

SNSD-CHIEFS.gif

Still classic imo

woohoo so little traffic home

EricHasNoPull said:
Well apparently Animé! fans can't even spell ..."Animé" More the reason they shouldn't also be allowed to bare these avatars!

And no fans of animated Hayao Miyazaki films are not "Animé" fans...

Animated features made in Asia Pacific =/= Animé, so just stop it with that crap!
!

G-Fex

Well since nobody hates miine I declare myself the winner.

-100 points for vox-pops, tom f'n cruises avatars

You know I uusedd to hate yourrs panther but now its classic

TruHero

Banned
I'm pretty sure some (most?) find my avatar annoying. I tried to make sure it was kinda looping...

Anyway, I don't really get annoyed by any avatar(s), but if I had to pick some:

SNSD Girls: Yes guys, it's kinda creepy when adult males obsess over pop stars.
Gomez: Yes guys, it's creepy to have jailbait as your avatar.
KZ/Uncharted/GT5 avatars: Not the avatars themselves, but sometimes the GAFer with the avatar is a console warrior who would be happy trolling on Gamespot. I'd add Halo/Mario/pokemon avatars too, but those sides don't seem as "loud" on the Gaming side.
Non-Looping GIFs: Take this one for example.

351fp84.gif

complete shit. Fits the guy's tag though

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
YF0g8.gif

This one's cool, cuz I can imagine myself getting a hummer from the girl.

PantherLotus said:
Yours is the only one that gets it right, the rest of those obnoxious avatars can be ejected into the sun for all I care.

Momo

Banned
Dynamite Ringo Matsuri said:
Yours is the only one that gets it right, the rest of those obnoxious avatars can be ejected into the sun for all I care.
Nominating whomever has this avatar

Untitled-22.gif

to fly the shuttle to the sun

TruHero said:
KZ/Uncharted/GT5 avatars: Not the avatars themselves, but usually the GAFer with the avatar is a console warrior who would be happy trolling on Gamespot. I'd add Halo/Mario/pokemon avatars too, but those sides don't seem as "loud" on the Gaming side.
Careful with your generalizations. Y2Kev is a moderator and he has Drake in his avatar.

TruHero said:
I'm pretty sure some (most?) find my avatar annoying. I tried to make sure it was kinda looping...

Anyway, I don't really get annoyed by any avatar(s), but if I had to pick some:

SNSD Girls: Yes guys, it's kinda creepy when adult males obsess over pop stars.
Gomez: Yes guys, it's creepy to have jailbait as your avatar.
KZ/Uncharted/GT5 avatars: Not the avatars themselves, but usually the GAFer with the avatar is a console warrior who would be happy trolling on Gamespot. I'd add Halo/Mario/pokemon avatars too, but those sides don't seem as "loud" on the Gaming side.
Non-Looping GIFs: Take this one for example.

351fp84.gif

complete shit. Fits the guy's tag though
That is is the one I hate the most, so stupid and unneeded of a gif

PantherLotus said:

I don't like most of the the SNSDGAF (what does that even stand for?) avatars, but yours is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom