• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most EPIC boss fight in gaming?

SS4Rob

Kevtones said:
OoT finale.

Seriously, thread over. At first I thought it was just because I was a kid but I played through it again recently on the GameCube and it seriously shook and goosebumped me when his final form appeared and he roared. Oh sh1t.

donkey show said:
Oh yeah, DC flashback time.

Dark%20Falz%203.jpg

Fighting Dark Falz on very hard with 4 buddies online was insanely awesome. I miss the epicness of it all.

This cannot be understated - music, battle, camaraderie... Thanks to the Intertubes you can STILL do this, take that Sega!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
SS4Rob said:
This cannot be understated - music, battle, camaraderie... Thanks to the Intertubes you can STILL do this, take that Sega!
sure that's the word you wanted there...?

oatmeal

Banned
I'm watching that video of TWW's Ganon battle and reading everyone say "swore duel" and I'm thinking to myself....what?

Am I the only person that would wait for Zelda to shoot a light arrow, and hit it at Ganon stunning him?

I don't think I ever fought him like that...

Now I'm confused.

Avalon

Battling the Seraph Angel's in SMT: Nocturne was f'en epic. It was an extra special battle for me since I had a bone to pick with them since SMT II.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
We need boss fights that are more like stages of their own.

Like Contra and how it always feels like it's one long action ride, but do the same against a boss instead.

That would rule.

SS4Rob

Brobzoid said:
sure that's the word you wanted there...?

LOL - OVERSTATED, The Ocarina of Time final Ganon fight badassary cannot be OVERSTATED, it is the overall WINNER ;-)

Alma fight is badass too!

One more, it sounds cliche but the very last form of Sephiroth when the One Winged Angel starts playing and the screen is still pitch black, and then opens up to a spinning sky and old dood scrolls into view with a closeup... wow.

Firewire

Banned
Everything in Shadow of the Colossus, and the first time I saw the three headed beast from early on in God of War. My jaw dropped and I said "what the fuck, how am I supposed to kill that"

Most of the bosses in Guwange:

6g2zha1.gif

6g12q92.gif

638gs1v.gif

4u2emp1.gif

Screenshots don't do it justice (seriously). The art design, scale, animation, colors just making the game look fucking awesome in motion. Check it out in mame or something.

Pikelet

maybe I'm good at MGS3 but I didn't have problems killing THE END.
Yeah same here. I just used the thermal visor, walked around a bit and shot the fuck out of him or sniped him if i could. I mean, two hours? What the hell where you doing?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
KyanMehwulfe said:
Very fond of this encounter as well. The biggest stage WoW has seen. Likely my most memorable as a whole over the last 7 years in the genre, no less.

Not so much the specific gameplay of Eranikus (the dragon), but the whole event as a whole. It was the climax off a week long world PvP war between guilds and hundreds of hours of territory control. Warring over Silithus hives, battling over quest locations, suprise ambushes and raids, a tonne of PvP server politics all the while, and then as a number of plans go into motion to take control of targets, distract enemies, and prepare a defense -- one massive final battle with Eranikus.

eranikus.jpg
eranikus.jpg

I remember helping out a guild do this encounter was very nice.....

but I remember this like it was yesterday, this was the closest thing I could find.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4xncoANElEg

Joei

I vividly remember fighting Sephiroth in FF7. Not my favorite game, nor was he my favorite boss, but that fight was something else. I'd say Luca Blight in Suikoden 2 was pretty awesome aslo, and that wasn't even the final fight, n0t even 2/3's the way through the game.

oracrest

At the time, I thought Kefka and Zemus were pretty epic respective boss battles.

Now, I would say Mother Brain in Super Metroid, or Volgin/Tank in Snake Eater.

The End in Snake Eater was almost the antithesis of "epic" in my eyes, but hands down one of the most enjoyable fights in a game for me.

"Epic Boss Fights" I think is one third of the design document for SOTC.

Beating Mike Tyson in Punch-Out felt pretty epic too for me, albeit not too serious.

The Boss of level 1 of Rez, combined with the music that kicks in when he shows up, always gives me chills when I play it through...

Nullabe

After post to some thread about BS boss, i wanted to up this one.

I will start with two Bloodborne fights that i found amazing and EPICCCC.
Father Gascoigne :
father-gascoigne-4.jpg

Everything is epic in this fight, the design, the music, the cutscene, the move set of the boss. Difficult but very enjoyable the run you beat it.

Gherman :
gehrman-the-first-hunter-1024x576.jpg

Oh my... This one in maybe one of the most EPIC fight of my gamer life.

I'd like to mention too the first boss of Shadow Warrior
maxresdefault.jpg

Mainly in Hard difficulty.

And many more i forgot...

Sölf

Madness of Deathwing (World of Warcraft - Cataclysm)

Now, the fight itself wasn't that great. There were many more which were better. But from a lore and design perspective, it was pretty awesome.

------------------

The Lich King (World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Lich King)

25 Man Heroic World First by Paragon
This battle felt epic on it's own. After following the rise and fall of Arthas through Warcraft 3 and later on how he became the Lich King, finally fighting him just felt sooo good. The fight itself was also one of the best the game offered so far, add to that the final video and the whole lore you get during the fight... Damn. So good.

Top Bottom