• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most EPIC boss fight in gaming?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This thread isn't about your favorite boss fight.

This thread is about what you would consider to be the most epic, awe-inspiring, emotionally charged boss fight in gaming. The two might be the same for you, but maybe not.

For me, I'm going to pick the final battle in SotC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SapNmzuXk2U

eXistor

Probably the fight against Giygas in Earthbound:

watch

God's Beard said:
All of Shadow of the Colossus is better than everythng else.

Correct, and all Shadow of The Colossus 2 (shutup, the sequel is inevitable) boss fights will be so epic that people won't be allowed to have a difference of opinion on this subject.

USD

Colossus #13 (though pretty much all of them qualify), Ocarine of Time finale, and the Yoshi's Island finale.

Duderz

Banned
donkey show said:
I read Jack Bauer and was like... wtf really? :lol

Besides SOTC, I thought the Anubis battles in the end of ZOE2 were pretty epic.

Oh yeah, forgot about this. Cool fight as well.

Steroyd

curse you when I read this thread I was going to say SotC.

The End and Psycho Mantis are ranked up there IMO.

And Hydra in God of War.
Crap forgot about Mother Brain in Super Metroid and OoT too many memories.

Oh and the third Bowser fight in Super Mario 64.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Also every encounter in SoTC was epic.

A couple of them I'm not so sure about. There were those two smaller bull-like ones that hardly qualified as Colossus to begin with.

Amir0x said:
:D Earthbound :D

My personal favorite is the final confrontation with Ganon in Wind Waker. That's like, the ultimate of ultimate battles. I was inspired with awe, I was epicfied, I was emotionally charged. I will kill that motherfucker. But now I understand him!

GanonWiki.jpg

Ooh, I agree. Damn, WW was such a beautiful game.

Spoilers, since I doubt most people ever gave it a fair share:

Everything to do with unfreezing Hyrule Castle was just goosebump-inducing. I still remember the exact moment I realized "Fuck, this is Hyrule Castle..."

bud

the fight against ''the end'' was the very definition of epic.

also, i really need to play sotc, that thing looks awesome.

Saitou

Banned
I don't know about you guys, but two half-naked guys fighting with their bare fists atop a giant mechanized bipedal tank with a thermonuclear bomb sitting right there ticking away is pretty much the epitome of epic for me.

Oh yeah, DC flashback time.

Dark%20Falz%203.jpg

Fighting Dark Falz on very hard with 4 buddies online was insanely awesome. Everyone is just trying to blast the dude to death while trying to survive megid blasts and reviving dead people on the ground was just fun. I miss the epicness of it all.

USD

Saitou said:
I don't know about you guys, but two half-naked guys fighting with their bare fists atop a giant mechanized bipedal tank with a thermonuclear bomb sitting right there ticking away is pretty much the epitome of epic for me.
That reminds me that the entirety of the end of MGS3 was awesome. The End was pretty fun too.

bud

Saitou said:

and to top it off - they were brothers.

i loved that one.

Armitage

Earthbound, WW, OoT are all pretty good choices. That SotC battle looks awesome, I must go buy it.

I'm going to go with EB though, with all the shots of all the different people and places. Great ending.

Top Bottom