• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movie quotes you're guilty of using in real life

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Sometimes when something fucks up like six times in a row, I'll say "so you have chosen PAIN," before I throw/delete/dismantle/divorce/2Days whatever the offending object is.

Aytch bee yew?

INC

I'd fuck me

the silence of the lambs GIF

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So when people say quite commonly "your joking?" I always reply with

"No if I where joking id say a horse walks into a bar and the barman says hey why the long face"

From Hotshots.

Sorry for tiktok, only video I could find of this comedic masterpiece of a line.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
She's a tight ass, she's a sadist
Jew money lover
We're going downtown
She has a great asssssss!
Take your bag and leave my house

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
In a movie where Danny Devito was a circus performer or something he said the phrase... ''If you're an important figure, people can wait for you.''

Then I applied that phrase with a Professor from the University of Medicine who was my teacher... I arrived 25 minutes late...

And I received a reprimand, while I was calmly walking innocently with the phrase in mind😂😂😂

Soodanim

Gold Member
Pulp Fiction's breakfast scene planted seeds in my mind. Quite a few I've either said or thought of saying over the years.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?"
"This is a tasty burger"
"Tasty beverage"
Calling someone "Flock of Seagulls"

Snatch is a source of plenty, but the first one that comes to mind is "No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough"

There's also a couple from this 8 second clip:

I remember a while back I said "so shines a good deed in a weary world" after someone did something nice. Sadly, nobody got the reference. Not that it was originally a movie reference, just like many of the great lines from that movie.

"You lose! Good day sir! I said good day!" is another great line.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Ace ventura africa mission, when he park the jeep and he say parcheggio perfietto (perfect parking in english i guess), i use it when i have a very small space to park the car.

I use other stuff inside forums like the smell of napalm in the morning but not in real life.

Quasicat

Pretty much anything from CaddyShack:

“Na na na na na na na”

“You do drugs, Danny?” (I have a brother-in-law named Dan who also loves the movie.

”Cinderella story, he’s coming from nowhere…”

Toots

Gold Member
I'd fuck me

the silence of the lambs GIF
Dude you might be kidding but there was a time when teenager me and my friends would try to surprise each other at parties with the "buffalo bill dance", tucked penis and all.
Whenever you see a friend with his back turned to you there was a chance he'd hit you with it.
I don't know what was so goddam funny about it but i almost died laughing a few time seeing a friend get buffalo billed, or even getting buffalo billed myself.

Anyway to answer the question, teenager me tried to use lines of movie i found extremely cool irl, such as "I could become a regular" when entering a bar, or almost anything out of Fear and Laughing in Las Vegas. It was never as cool as in those movies of course, so i stopped.

But the very best quote to use is from Braveheart :
While talking to a male friend, say (in a Scottish accent) : "First learn to use this" and show his genitals, "then i teach you to use... this" and show your genitals. Never fails.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
So many quotes from phantom thread

Response to wife after any slight inconvenience:

"Is this an ambush? Are you sent here to ruin my evening? And possibly my entire life?"
"I really wish I hadn't heard this until later on, It's very unsettling."
"It's entirely too much movement for breakfast"

there's just so many good quotes in this movie. Cracks my wife up 😊

Top Bottom