• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movie quotes you're guilty of using in real life

Oberstein

tumblr_mfyngqmqG91s1godxo1_500.gif

But that was before my car accident.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Dude you might be kidding but there was a time when teenager me and my friends would try to surprise each other at parties with the "buffalo bill dance", tucked penis and all.
Whenever you see a friend with his back turned to you there was a chance he'd hit you with it.
I don't know what was so goddam funny about it but i almost died laughing a few time seeing a friend get buffalo billed, or even getting buffalo billed myself.
This sounds similar to the "braining" and "batwinging" that went around my high school. If you know, you know.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I do not alter it any further." - Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

"Oh, there is a f@#%ing surprise... What? What did I say? What?" - My Cousin Vinny (1992)

"Some quit. Some turn to drugs and alcohol!" - I Say Nay Nay Comedy Special by John Pinette (2007)

"Oh, you think ______ is your ally. You merely adopted the ______. I was born in it, molded by it..." - The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Expect the worst and hope for the best (Jackie Chan)
Operation Condor Armour of God II 👍

I also like this one from Rush Hour

"You seem as if you like to talk. I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it easier for me to find out how full of shit they are."

I'm always quoting some line of something from a film or song ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

clarky

Gold Member
"Im here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and im all out of bubble gum"

Although i had to stop saying it after getting twatted for the umpteenth time.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’ll take a pound of nuts

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Pulp Fiction's breakfast scene planted seeds in my mind. Quite a few I've either said or thought of saying over the years.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?"
"This is a tasty burger"
"Tasty beverage"
Calling someone "Flock of Seagulls"

Snatch is a source of plenty, but the first one that comes to mind is "No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough"

There's also a couple from this 8 second clip:

That's my favourite :messenger_tears_of_joy:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
c'mon surely we all use "glitch in the matrix" to excuse doing something fucking stupid or writing an email with an obvious mistake and following it up with a "sorry, must've been a glitch in the matrix made me send that"

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Strangely enough I can't think of one line of dialogue.

After watching a movie with some memorable lines I'll repeat many of them for some days and then I'll stop I guess.

I guess Zoolander and Borat are my most quoted movies back then.

Oh and perhaps Starsky and Hutch remake with "Do it .. Do it"

When I think about it I just realized I just visualize a certain scene in my head and chuckle (if it was a comedy), hmmmm

🤔

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Every time somebody tells me something needs sorting out, I always hear the reply in my head like this.

"We still need to buy potatoes for when your mother comes over next week"

Me, in gravelly Batman voice: "We Will."

Johnny2Bad

"I wouldn't shit you, you're my favorite turd"
- The Last Detail

"Don't call me Shirley "
- Airplane!

"I got a crap on deck that could choke a donkey "
-Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me

The Stig

I work in IT as a system admin. I use the Sam L Jackson quote from Jurassic Park whenever rebooting or loading something significant:

"Hold on to your butts!"

Also when doing pretty much anything in life these days:

"I'm too old for this shit."

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
I quote movies so much I couldn't possibly list them. It's just whatever comes to mind at that moment.

I'll give a for instance, just the other day I met some friends for lunch, one of the guys comes in and says "hello boys."

I replied: "I'm baaaaaaaaaack!"

0MuP4aX.jpg

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Some excellent examples, hahaha. I even use a couple of them, myself.

Another common one is "English motherfucker, do you speak it?!"

I've probably used a ton of Matrix ones, too.

For Lord of the Rings, I have a nasty habit of shouting "Into the mines!" anytime anyone in any context mentions Mines. Like some super specific late onset tourettes or some shit.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Bitches leave.

Either no seat on the bus or someone’s in the queue in front of me or someone’s meeting is over-running in the meeting room I have booked.

Top Bottom