• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MoviePass (Unlimited Films in Theaters) Drops to $9.95 a Month

SexyFish

Banned
I just checked in for Flatliners, and right after I realized that the poster in the app is from the original Julia Roberts one. I'm not actually about to see that movie in the theater am I?
please say yes.
I had that happen with mother! where it showed the Korean film's poster.

You're seeing the new one bucko, prepare for the shitfest.

BioHazard

I've had my card for weeks but haven't gone to the theater yet. That changes TODAY! What's the best theater in NYC, y'all?

You can check out both Big Trouble in Little China and Chinatown on 35mm at Metrograph tonight!

For multiplexes I like Regal Union Sq, Regal Battery Park, AMC Lincoln always are good choices.

meow

MoviePass already charged my second month even though I only got my card last week. Am I going to actually be able to reach a person to look into this?

MoviePass already charged my second month even though I only got my card last week. Am I going to actually be able to reach a person to look into this?

No. But who cares? You'll pay for both months and then some. It's the gamble you took. We all took.

20 days and still waiting

Is that all?

So when you sign up you can't cancel for 1 year right? After that one year I can cancel with no fee?

They got rid of that. Cancel any time, if you can reach CS. But you won't cancel so it doesn't matter.

Nekofrog

Banned
You have to believe that as long as it stays supported and movies worth seeing don't tail off, that customer retention will be ridiculously high for this.

Talked to the clerk at my theatre and he seemed pretty certain the subscription price was going to be raised soon. Hot air or does he know something?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Talked to the clerk at my theatre and he seemed pretty certain the subscription price was going to be raised soon. Hot air or does he know something?

He's less of an insider than a GameStop clerk.

Doesn't really take a rocket scientist for this. The current price is not sustainable. So the price will either go up or Moviepass will go bust. Early adopters are supposed to be locked in for 12 months at 9.99 price. Who knows when they'll end that for new subs.

mid83

Ordered a couple cards for my gf and myself. I avoided it at first because of all the technical issues but it seems like people are using them ok, so I decided it’s too good a deal to pass up.

I’m assuming I can expect my card around early to mid October based on posts I’ve seen regarding how long it took to get the cards?

Ordered a couple cards for my gf and myself. I avoided it at first because of all the technical issues but it seems like people are using them ok, so I decided it’s too good a deal to pass up.

I’m assuming I can expect my card around early to mid October based on posts I’ve seen regarding how long it took to get the cards?

the average wait seems to be at the very least a month

im over 30 days now and still no card.. fuck this company
until I get my card

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I called my mom and told her I was going to give her my Regal Crown Club points and she actually had a mini-meltdown when I told her how fast I was building them up.
Apparently I don't deserve to get any points because I'm only paying $10 a month to watch the movies.
I tried to explain that from the theater's perspective I'm paying full price for everything but she wasn't having it.

I called my mom and told her I was going to give her my Regal Crown Club points and she actually had a mini-meltdown when I told her how fast I was building them up.
Apparently I don't deserve to get any points because I'm only paying $10 a month to watch the movies.
I tried to explain that from the theater's perspective I'm paying full price for everything but she wasn't having it.

Your mom is definitely running a movie theater on the side. I've seen this before.

dhlt25

so I got the card a few weeks ago, never use it yet and the profile page in the app still say card processing. I got an email a few days ago said my card is coming? my friend is in the same situation as me and he said his card didn't work for him. Is my card ready to be used? I don't want to go to the theater and find out then I can't use it.

Dude Guy

I found out there was an Alamo Drafthouse here in Brooklyn so I decided to go there, hearing so much great things about them on the internet. Had a great time seeing It but the real star of the show today was that amazing ass food court/food market in the basement of the mall the Alamo Drafthouse was in (Citypoint Mall). If any of you guys live near downtown Brooklyn I would recommend you go down there... Hoo boy

https://ibb.co/album/k9kh5a

Arttemis

Got mine yesterday, used it twice already with my GF (who got hers almost a month ago despite ordering days after me). I paid for two months before it ever arrived, so I'm eagerly anticipating the month waived of fees.

Other than that, damn, I missed this service. And now it's better than ever with calendar day restrictions instead of 24 hour timers, and you can see the same movies repeatedly!!! I can't fucking wait for Thor and Star Wars!

Commodore

They must be really limiting growth now. Been trying to sign up all month and it always fails out at start membership or doesn't even go to the registration at all from the front page.

They must be really limiting growth now. Been trying to sign up all month and it always fails out at start membership or doesn't even go to the registration at all from the front page.

Their site is junk...

When signing up and you link your account, you still have to enter an email and password to register.

maruchan

Can someone make a moviepass thread, that talks about the mvies we weent to see. instead of whining about when my card will arrive.

on that note, i just used it to see American made. It was a fine movie, tom cruise was really good in it, i enjoyed this more then kingsmen golden circle.

MoeDabs

Can someone make a moviepass thread, that talks about the mvies we weent to see. instead of whining about when my card will arrive.

on that note, i just used it to see American made. It was a fine movie, tom cruise was really good in it, i enjoyed this more then kingsmen golden circle.
There is always discussion going on about movies. The movies you’ve seen recently thread, the box office thread, official topics about movies, review threads about movies. And you want a thread devoted specifically to movie pass subscribers and their shit movie selection? Christ lmao Sure why not...

That's the same as all the other movie threads though.

skybald

... And why does she care?

My problem is I have an AMC (close) and a Regal (little further) to split my movie watching at so my points are divided. Already have Emerald Status at Regal and I paid to be Stubs Premiere at AMC. In 1 year I will have so many points I will be giving tickets to my friends lol.

I found out there was an Alamo Drafthouse here in Brooklyn so I decided to go there, hearing so much great things about them on the internet. Had a great time seeing It but the real star of the show today was that amazing ass food court/food market in the basement of the mall the Alamo Drafthouse was in (Citypoint Mall). If any of you guys live near downtown Brooklyn I would recommend you go down there... Hoo boy

https://ibb.co/album/k9kh5a

Went to that mall when I visited in August and I can't wait to go back so I can try all those places. I tried Chinese street food and it was delicious.

Tansut

Got mine the other day and finally got to use it last night to see Kingsmen. I was trying to see the 10:20 showing but it wasn't showing up so I picked the midnight showing. Worked like a charm.

They do parking validation at that theater,, so my purchase covered the movie and most of that since they ring it up as one total. That was awesome.

Penguin

Stupid question

I know the card can be used once a day

But is it once a day or once every 24 hours?

Like if I use it tonight, can I not see a movie tomorrow afternoon?

Sean

Banned
So some of the moviepass screenings are showing for IMAX. But others are not. Is 2-D imax fine?

No.

I've had times where it showed IMAX screenings in MoviePass but when I went to the theater it wouldn't let me check in on the app and said IMAX is not supported. You can try but it probably won't work.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I finally tried my card (got it a couple weeks ago) and it worked! I guess those emails I got last week saying they were shipping me another one were just errors.

Top Bottom