• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mumble - Making Ventrilo and TeamSpeak Obsolete

vertopci

Anyone having problems with the Mumble server? I keep getting "Connection Refused" messages. It was working fine up until 9:45pm EST, then it just crapped out on me and the other person I was gaming with.

Security patches are being applied to the server. Should be back up within one hour.

Anybody have a recommendation on good, comfortable gaming headphones with a mic for $100 or less?

I have a set of headphones that are pretty good quality but no mic on them, and desktop mics... tend to not cut it in my environment (it can be a little noisy).

Try the Zalman clip on mic if you like your headphones. You just clip the mic onto on the headphone cable.

Iztli

Can anyone recommend a good mumble server provider. :)

Also most of the people I play with are from the east coast. Would picking a west coast server hurt them or should I pick a server that's some where in the middle like texas?

Sajjaja

Hey I'm trying to connect to the chi.eoreality.net server, but I keep getting a Wrong certification or password error. Help?

EDIT: Nvm. Got my old certificate back.

KScorp

Is it possible for someone to deregister me from the server? I lost the certificate I used earlier, have a new one with backups now. Name would be the same as my forum name.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Is it possible for someone to deregister me from the server? I lost the certificate I used earlier, have a new one with backups now. Name would be the same as my forum name.
If this isn't done already by tonight, I'll do it for you.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Any idea what's been up with the Mumble lately? Been going down all the time recently.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Me and a buddy have been starting to play Dota 2 recently and we're going to start getting on here when we play.

Thanks a lot of letting the community use your server, very generous.

And if you ever see piratethingy in mumble feel free to say hi and if you'd like to play something just let me know. I play Dota 2 a lot right now but like I said I just started so I'm as bad as everyone else is 50 hours in. I also play DayZ, WoW (on and off), and random single players games. Generally down to play something!

vertopci

FYI, I have no idea wtf is up with the main mumble server. Is it still going down randomly for you guys? Or has everyone just switched to the backup server at this point?

Also for any requests for mumble channels/users, hit me up on steam instead of neogaf. I'll see it on steam much much quicker than a PM on neogaf.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
FYI, I have no idea wtf is up with the main mumble server. Is it still going down randomly for you guys? Or has everyone just switched to the backup server at this point?

Also for any requests for mumble channels/users, hit me up on steam instead of neogaf. I'll see it on steam much much quicker than a PM on neogaf.
There is no people on the main and 30 on the backup.

I'm using this app called Plumble, works great on Android.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think people are still going to the backup server because, when absolutely no one is in a server, it looks like it is still down.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The only thing that I greatly dislike about mumble is that they won't let you setup inbound volume levels unless I'm missing something.

I play on headphones now, would like to have my volume level a little bit higher, but there is always that one person with the fucked up mic, the person not using push to talk that starts moving their mic all over the place, or someone basically screaming into the mic.

Top Bottom