• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muramasa will no longer be published by Xseed

schuelma said:
MANGOD STRIKES!!!!!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/974/974820p1.html

"Ignition Entertainment is immensely proud for the opportunity to bring Muramasa: The Demon Blade to the legions of North American gamers yearning for top-quality, original action games on Wii." said Shane Bettenhausen, New Business Development Director of Ignition Entertainment. "The talented developers at Vanillaware have crafted an absolutely stunning adventure through feudal Japan that balances subtle, sophisticated artistry with razor-sharp, addictive gameplay."

IGNITION ENTERTAINMENT!? WTF!?

ShockingAlberto said:
Ignition is just strange, though.

If it were Atlus, Ubisoft, or NOA, we could easily assume the reason it was pulled from XSeed was because these guys would have a lot of marketing muscle behind the game. Ignition doesn't seem to be any better or worse than XSeed.

Pretty much after the immense success that was Odin Sphere and the rising acceptance of 2D retail games you'd think that a bigger publisher would take on this game. I'm not expecting AAA force or anything, but something that would be significantly ahead of the localization and marketing push of your average niche game.

JDSN

Banned
I guess he learned to use the word Subtle that way from Dan Hsu, its a pretty effective marketing term.

GhaleonQ

Seriously. 1 (1/2?) games that were subpar and dialogue-saturated compared with their superb other work. I mean, sure, they haven't brought over SNK's other compilations yet, but give them time. I'm glad that both Wii games will get a lot of attention paid to them by the publishers.

Phatcorns

Man if only you guys knew what I knew about how bad some translators are. You'd be even more worried. After working with some of them, I can never be sure now that the localized stuff I'm watching is true to the original. I'm always paranoid it's completely different.

neoism

Jammy said:
It's coming in September.
16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

LiquidSwords said:
The Lux-Pain localization situation (that occurred before my time) will have absolutely no impact on Muramasa.
I believe that you'll be pleased with how this one is handled.
Cheers...

I'm looking forward to it. I guess my Wii shall collect dust until September.

Zihark

tetrisgrammaton said:
maybe marvelous is dissatisfied with sales of recent games such as Avalon Code and Rune Factory
Really, then why are they letting XSEED publish 3 other games ARF/LKS/FSR.

Vyse The Legend said:
I'm looking forward to it. I guess my Wii shall collect dust until September.
So out of Klonoa, ExciteBots, Punch-Out!!, Boom Blox Bash Party, Cave Story, The Munchables, The Conduit, and Little King's Story you're not considering a single one?

EmCeeGramr said:
Seriously I'm sure Ignition is going to destroy the gameplay.

Well I usually play games for the story to be honest, and I'd like to have a general idea as to what's going on in this game.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
So out of Klonoa, ExciteBots, Punch-Out!!, Boom Blox Bash Party, Cave Story, The Munchables, The Conduit, and Little King's Story you're not considering a single one?

Oh, right. I forgot about Punch-Out and Klonoa. The rest... not so much.

Yes Boss!

Great news for Ignition! I hope it doesn't mean too much of a delay. Perhaps the original VO will be an option.

Oh, and this makes Farnack's shenanigans even more pathetic.

Vyse The Legend said:
Oh, right. I forgot about Punch-Out and Klonoa. The rest... not so much.
Yeah, there are only a few games in the list that I'll probably pick up as well, but I knew there had to be something between now and September. *patiently waiting for Klonoa*

Here's hoping the localized Muramasa still includes the printed art as an extra. Ignition already has my respect for bringing over Boing! Dokomodake. It's a great little game for $15.

harSon

Banned
schuelma said:
MANGOD STRIKES!!!!!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/974/974820p1.html

"Ignition Entertainment is immensely proud for the opportunity to bring Muramasa: The Demon Blade to the legions of North American gamers yearning for top-quality, original action games on Wii." said Shane Bettenhausen, New Business Development Director of Ignition Entertainment. "The talented developers at Vanillaware have crafted an absolutely stunning adventure through feudal Japan that balances subtle, sophisticated artistry with razor-sharp, addictive gameplay."

I would have been able to pinpoint the speaker with no prior knowledge of who was actually localizing it :lol

I'm glad someone is bring the game to North America, nagging issues aside, Odin Sphere was an enjoyable experience overall. I'm not too sure if it's a good business move though, how well have past Vanillaware titles sold in the past?

Art in this game is amazing.

harSon said:
how well have past Vanillaware titles sold in the past?
Odin Sphere's a Greatest Hits game, so it obviously did well enough.

And could someone explain what they mean by the Lux-Pain fiasco? The only thing I know about this game is that when I went to buy Crystal Chronicles, the Gamestop dude was asking me if I knew what it was. :\

Akai

I AM JOHN! said:
And could someone explain what they mean by the Lux-Pain fiasco? The only thing I know about this game is that when I went to buy Crystal Chronicles, the Gamestop dude was asking me if I knew what it was. :\

Lots of typos, grammatical errors, and other translation goof-ups like calling a woman a guy for the entire game, as well as the voice acting, which almost never matched up with what the text said (as if two different teams worked on the dialogue)...

billy.sea

Banned
I wonder if ManGod has anything to do with this game landed at Ignition now.

Hope he has an effect in the quality of the localization.

But just the fact that the game is published by Ignition means it won't be selling well.

justchris

September's not so bad, at least we're actually getting it in the same calendar year, which is more than can be said for Europe (seriously, 2010?).

I never played Lux-Pain, so I have no comments on what kind of job to expect out of Ignition.

Ignition? Interesting.

Just have dual audio and the original box art and I'll be happy. (The poster set would be nice too.)

I'm still interested to know why this happened though, I hope XSEED hasn't had a falling out with Marvelous.

Zihark

Gunloc said:
Ignition? Interesting.

Just have dual audio and the original box art and I'll be happy. (The poster set would be nice too.)

I'm still interested to know why this happened though, I hope XSEED hasn't had a falling out with Marvelous.
Geez not this crap again. XSEED had such a big fallout with Marvelous that the next 3 games they're releasing were all published by Marvelous in Japan. Honestly, I think this was done because XSEED was spread thin and they wanna release LKS/ARF as soon as possible-that's what I hope anyway.

Top Bottom