• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murdered: Soul Suspects |OT| That niche cinematic ghost game no one's talking about

soultron

Banned
This might've found some success if it were a $20-30 digital title. They're sending it to die at $60.

Week before E3 is unfortunate release timing too. But any earlier they would've been up against Wolf, MK8, and Watch Dogs. Airtight kind of got screwed on this, I think.

So far I've heard it's 6-8 hours long, depending on if you blow through it or try to collect everything. Sounds like it would be good for a rental or discount price.

georly

I will wait for reviews, and then that will determine how cheap i'll buy the game. If the reviews are bad, i'll just pass altogether. I'm definitely not getting this above a 30 dollar price tag, for sure.

Releasing the week before E3? Hrmm...

That being said, I'm totally on board to play this and I will eventually. Right after I play Ghost Trick

I'll never play Ghost Trick but I'll play this

mike4001_

I will wait for reviews, and then that will determine how cheap i'll buy the game. If the reviews are bad, i'll just pass altogether. I'm definitely not getting this above a 30 dollar price tag, for sure.

Will basically do the same.

Really hoping for 75+ for this game as I generally like those "type" of games.

80+ would be amazing but I fear this will not happen.

aravuus

Releasing the week before E3? Hrmm...

That being said, I'm totally on board to play this and I will eventually. Right after I play Ghost Trick

I'll never play Ghost Trick but I'll play this

Better play Ghost Trick dude! It's got one hell of a story

That said, there's potential here too. Gameplay seems like it's not going to be very interesting, but the plot could be really good

I need get this at some point just for the big twist they teased.

there's a big twist? knew it! can't wait

So niche that even the OT gets its name wrong. It's "Soul Suspect." The pun wouldn't work if it were plural.
It sure is a cheesy pun though.

daydream

Banned
Thanks for the pity OT, haha!

I'd definitely pick this up if I owned the new platforms to play it on. The detective aspect alone has me interested. Definitely one I'll go back to once I have a PS4.

Tohsaka

I have the PS4 version pre-ordered, should be here tomorrow since I have Amazon Prime. I'm not sure when I'll get around to playing it, but I've been intrigued by the game for a while.

I'm hoping the game turns out to be good. The lack of coverage the game has gotten is strange and also annoying as I've been looking around the internet for previews but didn't find anything

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
image030.jpg
Battlefield_3_Game_Cover.jpg

"Blue and Orange Cover: The Game"

peakish

I definitely want this to be good, I like mid tier budget games. The videos don't give me a lot of confidence in the puzzles though, and on top of that there's some strange looking combat. The developer playing the walkthrough I watched said that things would get more varied later on, but from what I saw right there it seemed mostly like a checklist game with limited options available for thinking and playing.

I'm keen to hear more impressions from the full game. Like with Remember Me I don't get the impression that the devs are doing quite enough with the cool concept, but it sure as hell beats another third person shooter game.

Anung

Un Rama
Got it pre-ordered on PS4 for £29.99. Looks like a nice change of pace compared to the stuff we usually get.

I only just found out this game existed about 3 days ago, but I preordered it since it looks really interesting.

Salem? Witches? Atmosphere? You actually cannot pick up guns?

It seems like it will be an interesting playthrough, though, like Bound By Flame, I fear it would do better as a digital only title.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
This comes out tomorrow?

Damn! So many games, my backlog is insane right now. Ugh.
Whatever happened to down periods?! Haha.

Looking forward to it.

From the gameplay I saw it's basically a mix of L.A Noire and Heavy Rain/Beyond. Hopefully it gets less linear later on. Too bad the devs have already been let go.

schuey7

I will be getting this game as long as the reviews are not terrible.I find the premise quite interesting and am hoping that the gameplay holds up.

esterk

This game doesn't stand a ghost of a chance when it comes to sales. Nyuck nyuck nyuck.

Too bad, with more marketing it could have built up some good hype to capitalize on nothing else aside from watch dogs being out in the summer for ps4/xb1.

I'm one of those people who will buy it in three months for like $30. Not enough moneys for a new game right now.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This game doesn't stand a ghost of a chance when it comes to sales. Nyuck nyuck nyuck.

Too bad, with more marketing it could have built up some good hype to capitalize on nothing else aside from watch dogs being out in the summer for ps4/xb1.

I'm one of those people who will buy it in three months for like $30. Not enough moneys for a new game right now.

It's more than possible to get it for less than $30 now if you know where to look.

(Pre-ordered the game myself for $24).

Of course, if no money or tight on it, it's only logical.

ColdRose

I'm in for £22.49 on Steam. I balk at paying £40 for a PC title these days unless it's one of my favourite franchises, thus rendering me unable to resist. I'm not expecting GOTY, but am hopeful for something interesting. Certainly the premise is a little bit different.

I've had my eye on this since it was originally revealed. Looks like it might turn out to be an interesting adventure game but I'm going to wait and read some feedback first.

Top Bottom