• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murdered: Soul Suspects |OT| That niche cinematic ghost game no one's talking about

Menome

I've got this pre-ordered for my PS4. I could only afford one new game this month, so I'm placing my bets on this over Watch Dogs as I'm a big fan of B-Title games, plus I genuinely really liked Dark Void so I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

Clipping is actually a gameplay mechanic here, with you able to pass through objects that have spiritual energy.

Pft.

I don't wait it to fail... but it going to so hard! I just get that feeling. Lack of promotion, released right before E3. If it doesn't then awesome!

I'm making this kind of as a pity OT.

This is GAF, we love niche things and claim we've all played NieR or something!

I think it'll find it's niche cult audience, and then we can all hope for a sequel and then remember how badly it probably is going to underperform and be sad that there's no chance in hell this game will get a sequel.

...then we all can sit around and remind ourselves why niche titles getting AAA budgets never happen because we, the consumers as a whole, are terrible, terrible people.

So, like, we should discuss this game.

Could be my favorite OT, ever.

Actually have this preordered... so I guess there's that.

Seronei

Anyone know when the NA version activates (in how many hours)? Strongly considering busting out a VPN and downloading it then.

ZMMIEX-EW1476-0PNL11 is 20% off on GMG.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Also, wait, the game sold out on GreenManGaming?

Outog_WHAMURDER.png

Could it be doing better than expected? Or did they just order too few copies?

I didn't hear much about this game either. for some reason, I kept getting it confused with The Evil within. I'm hoping it's pretty decent since I enjoy these types of stories and it looks to have some pretty good exploration and solving going on. Will be looking forward to some more impressions.

AkuMifune

Banned
Also, wait, the game sold out on GreenManGaming?

Could it be doing better than expected? Or did they just order too few copies?

Has been sold out all day. I sent an email asking and they said they should be expecting more keys closer to release. Whatever that means.

Got those Wolfenstein Playfire Rewards to use up. Liking this cycle they got us riding. :)

wouwie

Nice to have an OT for this game. Since there has been total silence surrounding this game, i'm really curious how it will review. If the reviews are good, i might pick it up. I really like the idea behind this game and i'm interested in something a little bit different. Also, i'm a big fan of Heavy Rain and Beyond, but i couldn't get into LA Noire ( i probably should have given it a bit more time though).

Bizzquik

I expect little of this game.

Its an interesting premise. But it sounds like a poor-man's LA Noire, with weird encounters with ghosts to break up the monotony.

I remember Adam Sessler's preview for it where he (basically) thought it was different enough to stand out, but would probably only be of note to a smaller audience. (As he said then, there's nothing wrong with that; not everything needs big explosions.)

But I think I would get bored two hours in.

The game looks kind of interesting, but I don't expect it will be very good sadly.

Also, I really hate the fedora/vest/chain-pocket combo the protagonist is rocking.

This probably seems like a game that I would wait a year and pay $20 for, but I'll definitely read the reviews and GAF impressions tomorrow to determine whether or not it's worth an earlier purchase.

Lijik

Im heavily leaning towards picking this up at GamersGate for 35 bucks even though Im already juggling multiple games and wont get to it until later in the summer.

I thought Airtight Games previous efforts were pretty alright - akin to b/mid-tier games of last gen, so Im hoping I dig this one too.

Getting this for free with the AMD rewards when I bought my r9 290x. Still didn't receive the code, not sure if i'm gonna play it yet. If not, I'll sell it to GAF for a decent price.

Ugh I want this game. It looks really cool. I still have so many games I want to get this year though (DanganRonpa, Drakengard 3, Watch Dogs, Mind Zero). Hopefully I can get to it eventually :(

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I've been interested in this since i first saw it, but I won't be getting it anytime soon. Between all my gaming platforms, I have a HUGE backlog to get through first.

I love these types of games.

Well the first full walkthrough is out. He finishes the game in
4 hours and 20 minutes
. But that's just a walkthrough of course...
Link

Marjar

Banned
Preordered cuz I was interested and love making gambles with games. :p

But really, this looks genuinely good, and I really don't think it'll suck.

trinest

Watching the video it looks like something I would like interested in, but dam it so many games coming out around this time, too poor from it and still don't have everything.

Top Bottom