• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murphy Bed promotional song may be the most racist thing I've seen in a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

breadtruck

8gWOqgA.png

Yup. She's all thinking, "This bitch right here..."

is there a mirror somewhere I missed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2x0igzvGCw

The craziest part is that I'm pretty sure the "sneak peek" part about this implies she was going to make a full fledged music video for this. I would imagine those plans are on hold now lol. I'm kind of sad we'll never see that train wreck.

Spaced33

Oh man this vide is hilarious. This song and video are so stupid. hahaha how can anybody be so clueless? Did she really not have any second thoughts about any of this at any moment?

Hats off to the asian lady. Can't believe she kept a straight face.

karasu

Yeah I couldn't finish that. I felt so bad for that Asian woman there as she clearly had no idea wtf she was getting into it by going to that troglodyte's event.

Teggy

What is even the point of the song? Does it have something to do with beds? Who is Chow? Why does she want to be a ninja?

What is going on!?

depths20XX

What is even the point of the song? Does it have something to do with beds? Who is Chow? Why does she want to be a ninja?

What is going on!?

Yeah, I kept thinking who the fuck is Chow? It's amazing this song got through production with no one telling her what a stupid ass idea it was.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Yeah I couldn't finish that. I felt so bad for that Asian woman there as she clearly had no idea wtf she was getting into it by going to that troglodyte's event.

Very rarely can I not finish a video, but this one succeeded.
Same. I haven't cringed that much in a long time. How did no one say or do something? Ruining the performance would have been the best thing, even if she didn't realise it at the time.

The Beard

"I drink from sippie cup, you know I won't give up."

"I catch a flying kick, with my chopstick."

Truly a lyrical genius.

I've been singing stupid shit in this cadence ever since I heard this song. Sans the accent.

I am at work, want to lie and say my back hurts

Then I will go home, and I will rip my bong

Holy shit! I was hoping there would be some level of self awareness in this video like with the woman there getting some close ups of dismay of horror at how fucked up this is but then there was none.

Moonkid

Didn't want to bother watching from the start, skipped ahead to get an idea, didn't even listen to a full line before turning it off. Gross.

So this.... Wasn't Satire or just a cute comedy sketch.. Like this was real. That Asian women has all rights to whoop her ass for that fuck ass song but I admire her composure. Ugh..

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
This song was the highlight of my day. IN the venn diagram of racism and funny, this is the intersection.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Everything about this is so baffling.. just why..?

Insulated group, probably playing fast and loose with what can be said being displayed to the world. Also sycophants not telling her this wasn't ok. Reminded of the Mitt Romney speech to the group of rich white people.

Jetman

Dead.

The more I watch this shit, the more I laugh at how fucked up it is.

I agree that the camera man had the Asian woman in the center of the shot a lot, thankfully on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom