• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MVC3: Sentinel and Hsien-Ko REVEALED [Up2: Footage Leaking, Meme Debates Ensue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorBait

Fersis said:
Its called Theory Fighter... and for most of us is the only way to play the game before release.

=/
Don't get me wrong, I love theory fighter as much as the next guy (my mind has been formulating ideas and tricks to try out with every new video I see). However, it seems stupid to make proclamations on who the best characters may be when some very capable characters have gone relatively unused thus far (in the limited play time people have had with an pre-release build). I'm not a top-tier fighting game player by any means, and even I know that the preconceived tier lists can be flipped on their head after people have a week to experiment in training mode.

One thing that Niitsuma-san was keen to stress is that the game has “perfect balance” (i.e. no player is more powerful than another is). You will choose the fighters that suit your playing style and not because they are the best in the game.
This would be a dream come true. I would love to see this game have a lot of depth and complexity yet have such strong balance that a very large percentage of the roster, and a multitude of playstyles, can flourish.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Dali said:
Of course this is complete bs. You don't have to exaggerate or misrepresent your product, dude. It looks solid enough to sell on its own actual merits.

Maybe my english fails me here but what do you mean by "your product"? It's not my preview. If you don't want to read it, don't read it. It's that simple.

I post this previews for news hungry people who want to read every single new preview, watch every vid etc. for their "can't wait game". You know for gaffers who wants to GET HYPE!

Game Reactor preview

Dali

Sn4ke_911 said:
Maybe my english fails me here but what do you mean by "your product"? It's not my preview. If you don't want to read it, don't read it. It's that simple.

I post this previews for news hungry people who want to read every single new preview, watch every vid etc. for their "can't wait game". You know for gaffers who wants to GET HYPE!

Game Reactor preview
I was responding to the quote which isn't copied when you reply to your post (and I didn't feel like adding it manually). In other words ; Talking to Niitsuma.

Sn4ke_911

Dali said:
I was responding to the quote which isn't copied when you reply to your post (and I didn't feel like adding it manually). In other words ; Talking to Niitsuma.
Oh Ok.

ezekial45 said:
Is Reuben Langdon voicing Dante?

Yes. And Johnny Yong Bosch is apparently voicing Zero. Too bad Dee Bradley Baker is not Viewtiful Joe, but I think I've gotten used to his MvsC3 voice actor now.

Anyone know if this game has Japanese vocal option like in SF4? I would like to switch any Capcom character to Japanese if I could.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
spindashing said:
Yes. And Johnny Yong Bosch is apparently voicing Zero. Too bad Dee Bradley Baker is not Viewtiful Joe, but I think I've gotten used to his MvsC3 voice actor now.

He is.

MoxManiac

hydragonwarrior said:
imo Nimrod should've replaced Sentinal and used Sentinal as a summon as a special move.

OMG IT'S SPELLED SENTINEL WITH TWO E'S THERE IS NO A IN SENTINEL AAARRHGGHWRGHWRGHGAHFG INTERNETS

OK (sorry about the stealth edit). Never really played Darkstalkers too much (even though I have the JPN PS2 collection) so wasn't sure if it was a reference to the older games or MvC3.

Kimosabae

Banned
HK-47 said:
lol Ryu and Cap

=(

Also the two real reasons we have MvC3, not the tourney scene - SFIV's success and Marvel giving them the rights back.

Wait, so the competitive scene had no hand in SF4's success?

GatorBait said:
This would be a dream come true. I would love to see this game have a lot of depth and complexity yet have such strong balance that a very large percentage of the roster, and a multitude of playstyles, can flourish.

Certainly doesn't look like it at this point, based solely on released/captured footage. I'm already having nightmares about Storm and Dat50Sent... :|

Like you said, it would be amazing if that ended up being the case though.

Sn4ke_911

Iron_Scimitar said:
Game looks stunning, but I cannot get into this kind of crazy. The only VS game I really enjoyed was CvS2 on PS2.
Shut up and buy it. :p

"Certainly doesn't look like it at this point, based solely on released/captured footage. :|"

Most footage captured is of players who've had very limited hands on time with it. Fighting games aren't "figured out" in a few days. All you're seeing is people picking up what's immediately familiar/effective. It'll takes months of people grinding on all of the cast to see who's really good or bad.

TheOGB

Banned
However, and this is why I am already willing to allow Marvel vs. Capcom 3 to take me out to dinner at the Outback Steakhouse, feed me a few peach margaritas, and slip my panties down before implanting it's cell-shaded seed in my man-womb : at no point did I ever feel like I was scrubbing out wins. I felt like I knew what I was doing. In a way, I sort of was.
That is the most interesting paragraph I've read this month

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Teknopathetic said:
"Certainly doesn't look like it at this point, based solely on released/captured footage. :|"

Most footage captured is of players who've had very limited hands on time with it. Fighting games aren't "figured out" in a few days. All you're seeing is people picking up what's immediately familiar/effective. It'll takes months of people grinding on all of the cast to see who's really good or bad.

Yeah. In the beginning nobody thought Magento was anything other than ok and that Cable was unbeatable and the best character in the game.

1845df47ac37959a762213e860e4d896.jpg

Mr Jared, you are a king!

But is it real?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
By chance, anyone know any good deals going on? Or which system is planned to be the Evo tourney system?

I've decided to pick it up, this is going be my first non-Cave game I've picked up, with no intention of resale or flip since... I think WOTLK heh

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
shintoki said:
By chance, anyone know any good deals going on? Or which system is planned to be the Evo tourney system?

I've decided to pick it up, this is going be my first non-Cave game I've picked up, with no intention of resale or flip since... I think WOTLK heh

I believe EVO uses the PS3 version of all their games.

shintoki said:

Evo uses PS3, but a lot of top players play on 360.

The only deal I know of now, is if you preorder the standard edition on amazon, they'll give you a 10 dollar credit for video games on their site.

El Sloth

Banned
shintoki said:

Only things resembling a deal at the moment is that the Capcom Store is selling pre-orders of the LE with a free shirt and the Amazon deal posted above. lol

EVO always uses PS3's I believe, but the 360 will probably have the larger online presence. I should note that I'm only basing this on what people tell me of the current SSIV online situation.

El Sloth said:
Only things resembling a deal at the moment is that the Capcom Store is selling pre-orders of the LE with a free shirt and the Amazon deal posted above. lol

EVO always uses PS3's I believe, but the 360 will probably have the larger online presence.
What was it like in sf4 and ssf4? I remember them being bigger on ps3 from what i read.

DR2K

Banned
akachan ningen said:
What was it like in sf4 and ssf4? I remember them being bigger on ps3 from what i read.

There's tons of players for both systems. Some people like to pretend they know where "everyone" is.

Mr Jared

robut said:
1845df47ac37959a762213e860e4d896.jpg

Mr Jared, you are a king!

But is it real?

For the record, I did not write the article attached. Darry did. I don't plan on buying MvC3 or even playing it casually.

MOOOOOORTAAAAAL KOOOOOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAT

But yes, that is totally my tattoo.

I saw a guy driving a giant pink car with a license plate that said MK RULES on my way to San Francisco for the tournament. I almost crashed into him.

El Sloth

Banned
akachan ningen said:
I wouldn't be able to tell you for sure, I'm only basing my assumption off of what I'm always hearing from other players. Basically I'm just pulling that out of my ass from what I'm constantly hearing from other people; that PSN has less people playing online compared to XBL. Playing fighting games I mean.

Mr Jared said:
For the record, I did not write the article attached. Darry did. I don't plan on buying MvC3 or even playing it casually.

MOOOOOORTAAAAAL KOOOOOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAT

But yes, that is totally my tattoo.

So confused by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom