• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MVC3: Sentinel and Hsien-Ko REVEALED [Up2: Footage Leaking, Meme Debates Ensue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jared

Snapshot King said:
So confused by this.

Haha, sorry. All day on Twitter I've had people like "HEY MAN GREAT ARTICLE ON iPW!" and not only do I don't want to steal any thunder away from Darry (whose far and away the best writer on iPW), but I also feel like I should release some sort of press release so that people know that I actually have the exact opposite feelings towards the game that he does.

Anyway, not trying to derail ;o Back to love mode.

It confused me too when I saw the pic but Darry's name on the article. I guess he just wanted a reason to get the pic out there, lol.

I should mention that that's not what confused me. It confuses me that I'm being told that tattoo is real. For years I assumed that picture was a fake. Unless I'm being trolled right now.

-Mikey-

Mr Jared said:
Haha, sorry. All day on Twitter I've had people like "HEY MAN GREAT ARTICLE ON iPW!" and not only do I don't want to steal any thunder away from Darry (whose far and away the best writer on iPW), but I also feel like I should release some sort of press release so that people know that I actually have the exact opposite feelings towards the game that he does.

JARED. Might be a little OT but where is Magus1234? Will he be picking up MvC 3?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Seeing this game in 60 fps always blows my mind, no other fighting game looks anywhere near as smooth and fluid as this... it's truly beautiful

Dahbomb

You can spend hours churning your underwear into a sticky mess from your wet fanboy daydreams building teams in your head.

I love Super Street Fighter 4. I really do. I hate to pick on it. But.. the game's got issues like a college girl that spent her teen years trying her hardest to earn the affection of her father. I don't consider myself a violent person, but I have to confess that I have on more than one occassion lost a tourny match and then afterwards fought the urge to break someone's teeth swinging my stick like Lance Armstrong swings syringes.

Kiss that feeling goodbye. Super Street Fighter 4 is that girl you picked up at the club that's a hard twelve, way too hot to even look in your direction, who makes you feel uncomfortable to take your shirt off without telling her to wait while you slip into the other room to do push-ups for forty-five minutes. Then you finally get around to the deed and find yourself in that middle ground between let down and apathy. You worked so hard... for that? Marvel is that cute girl next door with the smile and the tiny gap in her smile that doesn't care if your six pack is more a four pack of Sutter Home... or a double-pack of Tecate tall boys. She just wants to get down. With you, for some reason!

Oh man these tournament impressions are HYPE!

But what is UP with picking on SF4?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Dahbomb said:
But what is UP with picking on SF4?

A lot of people like SF4, but don't love it. Or, in the case of some high profile players, actually dislike the game very much.

Dahbomb

BTW I have OT rights (self-proclaimed).

I am just waiting on a HYPE banner then we can get the OT rolling.

And I can totally relate to those SSF4 comments. It's too good for me but I still love it for what it is. Capcom totally put some genuine effort and love into that game so I can't hate.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mr Jared said:

Wait I'm confused, that's your picture in the article and that is *actually* a tattoo you have?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Jinfash said:
That's an 18 minute video. You have to be more specific.
HA!

God Beards face is more hype than new MvC3 footage.
;)

EDIT: Haunts getting some love from SKill.
EDIT: I would totally marry Morrigan drawn by Shinkiro. <3

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Without a doubt I know I share the same sentiments about loving MvC3 so much more than SF4, because MvC2 is actually my #1 favorite 2D fighter, and with SF4/SSF4, as much as there have been some fun times with it, boy of boy does it have problems with it that get on my nerves. I love fighting games, but from since I was a kid, I've always played multiple genres at the same time while keeping my fighting games skill - with SF4, even if I stop playing for close to a week and start playing again, I play like straight-up ass until I can get back to where I was again.

I've harped on this a long time ago, but it's the first series where I've EVER had trouble doing moves and supers, in this case, Ultras, because of those ridiculous shortcuts and priority inputs - I used to be able to do charge partitioning with Urien, and with SF4 I have to use full concentration to make sure I don't flub up certain moves, and it gets on my nerves so bad at times.

When I read over a month ago that shortcuts weren't going to be in MvC3 I rejoiced - I knew already from then and there that it would be so much better. And on top of that, having so many characters that look so viable despite having "favorites" like Dante, Trish, Storm and the like in these showroom fights don't mean squat because there have always been about 10 whole characters missing the whole time and the remaining characters never been tapped for their potential simply because people have been copying what's safe or shown so far.

Bring on MvC3, I can't wait.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Jared you know next time I see you irl youre gonna end up with your shirt off.

I need proof!

Nemesis_

It may just be some kind of auto-updating script, where it shows the two latest characters and they've forgotten to take it down or something.

Then again, there are quite clearly two more spots.

Announcing the remaining DLC characters?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
webrunner said:
http://marvelvscapcom3.com/us/characters - in the hsien ko and sentinel box at the top it talks about announcing "the remaining characters"

It's not talking about Jill and Shuma because they're already on the site without videos.

It probably means nothing but, it's interesting to think about?
More likely they're talking about Galactus, or it's just a scripting error.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
akilshohen said:
Would be cool if the boss had a Capcom rep too.
Imagine Galactus, who'd call in Dr. Wily as an assist, who would proceed to drop a relatively low health character with the likes of Cut-Man and Guts-Man that you have to fight off before you can continue attacking galactus.

In a perfect world.

_dementia said:
What size are the Waste of Flesh T-Shirt on Capcom's store? I don't suppose they have Small, do they?
IIRC you can't choose the size. There's a standard size and whatever you get is what you get. Standard video game T-shirt pre-order bonus affair.

MoxManiac

enzo_gt said:
Imagine Galactus, who'd call in Dr. Wily as an assist, who would proceed to drop a relatively low health character with the likes of Cut-Man and Guts-Man that you have to fight off before you can continue attacking galactus.

In a perfect world.

IIRC you can't choose the size. There's a standard size and whatever you get is what you get. Standard video game T-shirt pre-order bonus affair.

So probably XXXXXL eh

h3ro

_dementia said:
What size are the Waste of Flesh T-Shirt on Capcom's store? I don't suppose they have Small, do they?

At this point, I'm just hoping for a Large. Gootecks was wearing one in the CC vid which looked fitted, so I'm guessing he got a hook up from Capcom/Meatbun.

Ours are coming in shametarp size, XXXL. :/

Benefit of being super hyped for MVC3: going back to MVC2 and TVC and playing them in earnest. I've spent way more time paying attention to the ins and outs of MVC3 that I've retroactively gotten better at them! Been having a ton of fun stomping the computer in TVC today.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Sn4ke_911 said:

It'd be quite interesting if Capcom had 2 other characters ready on disk, that either had to be unlocked through a free day one DLC/patch, or a controller input code or something.

I don't expect this, but it'd be cool. Kinda like how Vice & Mature ended up in the release of KoF 96, even though they were not part of the last location test...

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Fersis said:
The final boss i guess.

Either that, or work was done on additional content after the leak list was smuggled out.

A long shot, yes.

Or, they could be set to reveal DLC plans, perhaps the simplest explanation.

To be honest, Lupinko's list leaked first showed up so long ago (who knows how long it was finalized before he was able to relay it to us) that it really wouldn't be THAT shocking if they had at least a couple more characters ready in time for release.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
SAB CA said:
It'd be quite interesting if Capcom had 2 other characters ready on disk, that either had to be unlocked through a free day one DLC/patch, or a controller input code or something.

I don't expect this, but it'd be cool. Kinda like how Vice & Mature ended up in the release of KoF 96, even though they were not part of the last location test...

If that ends up being true, my money would be that: they had time to finish up Frank West after all, and/or imported a couple more characters from TVC real quicklike since the majority of design work would already be done. Perhaps someone like Alex, since his grappling style does not bear very much similarity to Haggar.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Pai Pai Master said:
To be honest, Lupinko's list leaked first showed up so long ago (who knows how long it was finalized before he was able to relay it to us) that it really wouldn't be THAT shocking if they had at least a couple more characters ready in time for release.
I guess so.
Shuma Gorath is DLC because Marvel didnt want him in the retail roster, the Dead Rising guy was in the game up late development.
So yeah, i guess they have several unfinished characters in development.

If Capcom was smart enough (And i believe so) Super MvC3 will have some of TvC characters.
MvC2 had sprites from several games... These models are the new sprites!!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kaijima said:
If that ends up being true, my money would be that: they had time to finish up Frank West after all, and/or imported a couple more characters from TVC real quicklike since the majority of design work would already be done. Perhaps someone like Alex, since his grappling style does not bear very much similarity to Haggar.

They said Frank West is out and Phoenix Wright is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom