• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MVC3: Sentinel and Hsien-Ko REVEALED [Up2: Footage Leaking, Meme Debates Ensue]

Status
Not open for further replies.
nay for Sentinel
yay for Hsien-Ko

Hsien-Ko is on my "like" list of Darkstalkers

but Sentinel meh, another opportunity to introduce an interesting Marvel Villain failed

still no Spidey villains yey... meh!!!!!!

Caj814

found the first simple mode replay
3pvUO.gif

Dali

Jinfash said:
I hope it's true, but I have a feeling that Elektra was replaced by X23 (female assassin w/ short blades). I don't remember X23 being on the first list either.
Damn, you may be right. Still, assuming Frank is pretty-much ready to go and they actually intend to include him that means there's still a Marvel slot that they'd need to fill to have the tandem release and keep the numbers even.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Jinfash said:
I hope it's true, but I have a feeling that Elektra was replaced by X23 (female assassin w/ short blades). I don't remember X23 being on the first list either.

Actually, x23 was on the first list.

Dali said:
Damn, you may be right. Still, assuming Frank is pretty-much ready to go and they actually intend to include him that means there's still a Marvel slot that they'd need to fill to have the tandem release and keep the numbers even.

Well they suspected they took elektra out with frank west, so they can fix frank west. They would release them as DLC when frank west is fixed.

Remember it is just a rumor. I do want to see this happening (I meant for characters)

It might make sense why we have the hand stage.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
gutter_trash said:
but Sentinel meh, another opportunity to introduce an interesting Marvel Villain failed

Who cares about character, unless the villain PLAYED as fun as Sent who cares :D

It's like the people that cry about M.O.D.O.K. although he is for sure going to be fun to play (not that I'm going to use him)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
IntelliHeath said:
From CAW Evolution. My friend passed the information to me. (Take it with grain of salt.)

That reminds me of this. Elektra would be awesome.

cSOST.jpg

phjBo.jpg

Dali

IntelliHeath said:
Well they suspected they took elektra out with frank west, so they can fix frank west. They would release them as DLC when frank west is fixed.

Remember it is just a rumor. I do want to see this happening (I meant for characters)

It might make sense why we have the hand stage.
Thanks for uhhh... recapping the quotes you posted.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jinfash said:

Pretty sure she is. Plus no one is repping the Hand stage.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
HK-47 said:
Pretty sure she is. Plus no one is repping the Hand stage.
I stand corrected on X23's appearance on the list, as for stage repping, is it really necessary? I don't remember anyone repping S.H.I.E.L.D's helicarrier.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Jinfash said:
I stand corrected on X23's appearance on the list, as for stage repping, is it really necessary? I don't remember anyone repping S.H.I.E.L.D's helicarrier.

Cap. America, Iron-Man, She-Hulk. I know She-Hulk used to work for SHIELD.

Also Niitsuma said that there will be stages that are repped by characters in the game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jinfash said:

Iron Man and Cap have both been heads of SHIELD and Wolverine and She Hulk have worked for them.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
IntelliHeath said:
Cap. America, Iron-Man, She-Hulk. I know She-Hulk used to work for SHIELD.

Also Niitsuma said that there will be stages that are repped by characters in the game.
HK-47 said:
Iron Man and Cap have both been heads of SHIELD and Wolverine and She Hulk have worked for them.
D'oh. I concede.

For some reason my mind refused to consider anyone representing SHIELD that aren't named Nick Fury.

That means all stages besides the Hand's hideout have been represented.

Marvel:
Asgard
New York Parade
The Hand Hideout
SHIELD Helicarrier

Capcom:
Resident Evil Laboratory
Ghost's and Goblins Stage
Metro City
Kattelox Island
Elektra confirmed.

Jinfash said:
D'oh. I concede.

For some reason my mind refused to consider anyone representing SHIELD that aren't named Nick Fury.

That means all stages besides the Hand's hideout have been represented.

Elektra confirmed.

Sure, but the Marvel "time period" of the game has always said to revolve around the Civil War era. The S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier stage could be directly called Iron Man's stage in that regard.

Messi said:
I wish blade was in this.
Marvel does not like black people.

Me and my friends always joke on Raven in Tekken saying he's Wesley Snipes, Rogue Ninja. The only things he can't evade are taxes...

i was pondering getting a new arcade stick. i have the one from tekken 6 and it seems to work ok. what benefits would i see from forking over $150 for one of the upper sticks?

h3ro

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i was pondering getting a new arcade stick. i have the one from tekken 6 and it seems to work ok. what benefits would i see from forking over $150 for one of the upper sticks?

The build quality on the Madcatz TE sticks is great. Parts are the same used in Japanese Arcades and are the standard for all pro players. I'd wait for around Marvel launch or when there is a large tournament, as Markman tends to run sales around then. You can pick up a TE for less than $100 during those sales sometimes. (I was able to pick up a Round 2 TE for $100 last year)

If you're going to be playing a lot and might have friends over and need a second stick anyway, I'd go with a TE.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Pai Pai Master said:
Gonna have a launch party at my place. 3 machines/tvs and a whoooole lotta Pringles. :D

Your quote needs more Curly Mustaches.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Sn4ke_911 said:
Your quote needs more Curly Mustaches.
No, no, please god no. Stop the references. Don't exhaust them before the game is out. Don't render Deadpool's win quotes annoying when they can be amusing.

Jinfash said:
No, no, please god no. Stop the references. Don't exhaust them before the game is out. Don't render Deadpool's win quotes annoying when they can be amusing.
Deadpool and Dante are obviously going to be equivalent to Ken in Super Street Fighter IV/Vanilla. Either make the jokes now or get bored with them after you lose to a "cheap" player online.

At that subject, any word on how the netcode is?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
spindashing said:
Deadpool and Dante are obviously going to be equivalent to Ken in Super Street Fighter IV/Vanilla. Either make the jokes now or get bored with them after you lose to a "cheap" player online.

At that subject, any word on how the netcode is?
MvC3 has "speed of light" netcode, says Niitsuma. Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

Neiteio

Jinfash said:
I'm new to the MvC party. What's the story behind the "curly mustache" joke?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Neiteio said:
I'm new to the MvC party. What's the story behind the "curly mustache" joke?

*edit* beaten.

Anyways, I like how this game is looking to be a slew of high dmg craziness. I rather honestly get raped for 90% of my life off a mistake *which isnt really 90% lol 3 characters* Than have to sit through a long infinite into reset. Game looks a lot more fast and fluid while at the same time maintaining the crazy broken looking stuff all over that makes marvel well marvel.

El Sloth

Banned
NeoUltima said:
Bwhaha. Saw that in the Gamespot video. Laughed my ass off.
And then for some reason, he does it again with Chun a full screen away. I've never actually face-palmed before that match.

Lettuce

I guess they cant release too many character via DLC, otherwise there'd be nothing left for when SMvC3 comes out next year! What i would like to see is DLC stages though, they seem a bit thin on the ground atm, has that list of 8 been confimed or is there more to come?

Platy

For the people waiting for Elektra .... i remember read somewhere that the hand stage is Wolverine's .... and probably Akuma's since it appears in the paintings

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Platy said:
For the people waiting for Elektra .... i remember read somewhere that the hand stage is Wolverine's .... and probably Akuma's since it appears in the paintings

Wolverine is barely involved with them. He'd be such an illogical rep. And Akuma only fits the stage, he cant rep it though cause he is a Capcom character.

Nobody with sense thinks that story proves she is in, its just a good explanation. Doesnt mean its true. But it has to be true that someone was taken out when Frank didnt work out. Coulda been Shuma for all we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom