• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MVC3: Sentinel and Hsien-Ko REVEALED [Up2: Footage Leaking, Meme Debates Ensue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Lettuce said:
I guess they cant release too many character via DLC, otherwise there'd be nothing left for when SMvC3 comes out next year! What i would like to see is DLC stages though, they seem a bit thin on the ground atm, has that list of 8 been confimed or is there more to come?

8 confirmed with 10 likely being the final total based on available information.

Platy

Neiteio said:
Ha, that's amazing! :D

"That's so Pringles."

In a more "advanced" explanation, curly mustache is a reference to the pringles dude
101px-Pringles.svg.png

Wich is used because the chars in the video does an incredible amount of "chip damage", wich is the kind of damage that people receive even when blocking

GatorBait

More character reveals incoming:

"Capcom has confirmed to Shacknews that the character reveals for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 are not finished quite yet. "All will be revealed in the next couple of weeks," a rep told Shacknews."
Galactus and Jill/Shuma gameplay vids are the obvious predictions, but maybe Capcom will tease us with whoever is planned as the next 2 DLC characters? That'd be a long shot, but it would get me hyped because there haven't been any surprises since Lupinko's leaks.

Messi

Are there any gameplay videos of deadpool yet? Ive not been following this games media releases at all!

He used catchphrases like "Where yo curly mustache at?"? awesome

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Messi said:
Are there any gameplay videos of deadpool yet? Ive not been following this games media releases at all!

He used catchphrases like "Where yo curly mustache at?"? awesome

EVERYWHERE almost as much as dante x.x

Messi

Why am I not suprised to see Deadpool is voiced by Nolan North (smiley). He just gets so much freakin work.

DR2K

Banned
Marvel only has 4 female reps, whereas Capcom has 9(3 DS, 2 SF, Trish, Tron, Ametaseru, and Jill). It makes sense that 1 or 2 Marvel female reps planned as DLC. Elektra is a cool choice, pretty popular. (had her own movie)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
DR2K said:
Marvel only has 4 female reps, whereas Capcom has 9(3 DS, 2 SF, Trish, Tron, Ametaseru, and Jill). It makes sense that 1 or 2 Marvel female reps planned as DLC. Elektra is a cool choice, pretty popular. (had her own movie)

What movie? (Also, personally I think its wrong that Elektra gets in before Daredevil, when he probably is Marvel's most consistently well written character.)

Xevren

HK-47 said:
What movie? (Also, personally I think it wrong that Elektra gets in before Daredevil, when he probably is Marvel's most consistently well written character.)

He's probably talking about that one movie, probably called Elektra.

MoxManiac

Platy said:
In a more "advanced" explanation, curly mustache is a reference to the pringles dude
101px-Pringles.svg.png

Wich is used because the chars in the video does an incredible amount of "chip damage", wich is the kind of damage that people receive even when blocking

No, it's used because once magneto pops you up, he doesn't stop, aka pringles. It has nothing to do wtih chip damage.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SonOfABeep said:
sentinel looks awesome.

so hype for this game. the hype is making me bored with SSF4 now.

Can't wait for sf4 to die in the states :D sf x tekken should be the final blow to it if the game is good. *cap vs snk quality*

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
QisTopTier said:
Can't wait for sf4 to die in the states :D sf x tekken should be the final blow to it if the game is good. *cap vs snk quality*

lol SF4 only seems to be gaining popularity.

kitzkozan

QisTopTier said:

If Tekken 6 isn't dead in the states,SF IV won't die anytime soon either (especially not with the AE coming to consoles).

SF x Tekken is also made by the SFIV team,so it could be more of the same despite the team mechanics. :p

Neiteio

I also want to see some good Deadpool videos. And Chris videos, for that matter. I keep using different search terms on YouTube but I only get videos where he makes fleeting cameos. Any help here?

Platy

MoxManiac said:
No, it's used because once magneto pops you up, he doesn't stop, aka pringles. It has nothing to do wtih chip damage.

Ok .. that's new to me !
Probably because pringles don't use this quote for the ads in my language xD

Neiteio

Teknopathetic said:
Try SRK's videos: http://youtube.com/thesrkvids

I'm pretty sure there's some Chris in there.
Excellent -- I haven't found Deadpool/Chris yet but there's a ton of awesome stuff in there. :)

By the way, does this game have a CPU vs. CPU mode? I loved setting up high-level CPU matches in SSFIV and then watching them while I ate a sandwich. :) (Beats TV, imo!)

EDIT: Also, can we expect more than the eight stages now so far?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Neiteio said:
EDIT: Also, can we expect more than the eight stages now so far?

You can expect 9, mvc2 didn't have that many stages either if I remember right, same for mvc1. Not that stages really matter.

I hope DLC stages are tied to whatever downloadable characters they put out.

Because if they release Frank West, I want the Willamette Parkview Mall to be an arena. Badly.

DR2K

Banned
QisTopTier said:
You can expect 9, mvc2 didn't have that many stages either if I remember right, same for mvc1. Not that stages really matter.

They really do matter, or Capcom wouldn't have put any effort into them.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Banana Kid said:
I hope DLC stages are tied to whatever downloadable characters they put out.

Because if they release Frank West, I want the Willamette Parkview Mall to be an arena. Badly.

It was in TvC.

I wish Aensland Castle from UAS was Morrigan's theme.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Neiteio said:
Is there an option for CPU vs. CPU, so I can watch the computer fight itself at high levels?
The CPU AI never plays at high level.
At least not while fighting games keep using static pattern based AI.

Read this paper.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DR2K said:
They really do matter, or Capcom wouldn't have put any effort into them.

Oh cool, can't wait to see players pull off awesome stage based combos! Oh wait... How about using that one thing in the back ground to.... oh wait...

It's just presentational flair. Sure it looks nice and it's awesome that they do, the more eye candy the nicer things are *helps with game sales too*, but you can't be serious if you think they actually matter in the long run.

Pai Pai Master said:
The stages are awesome. They add so much character to the game and it is something I see myself appreciating years later.

Yeah, I still love most of the cap vs snk 2 stages

QisTopTier said:
Oh cool, can't wait to see players pull off awesome stage based combos! Oh wait... How about using that one thing in the back ground to.... oh wait...

It's just presentational flair. Sure it looks nice and it's awesome that they do, the more eye candy the nicer things are, but you can't be serious if you think they actually matter in the long run.

The stages are awesome. They add so much character to the game and it is something I see myself appreciating years later.

Bob White

Dai101 said:
Neh. They're just trying to mess with your head. There's NOT a movie of elektra

What are you guys talking about? There WAS an Electra movie. Here's the poster to remind you.

poster_elektra1.jpg

I even remember the story. She was brought back to life after being killed by bulls eye in THIS movie.

daredevil-movie-poster-1020477441.jpg

Yeah....so anyway. In the movie, she goes to a summer house after being brought back to life and starts macking on some little girl's dad or some shit. Then she fight ghosts and some other weird shit. Well....just thought I'd remind you.

{insert troll face here}

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Bob White said:
What are you guys talking about? There WAS an Electra movie. Here's the poster to remind you.

http://www.thecinematheque.com/poster_elektra1.jpg/IMG]

I even remember the story. She was brought back to life after being killed by bulls eye in THIS movie.

[IMG]http://www.moviepostershop.com/daredevil-movie-poster-1020477441.jpg[IMG]

Yeah....so anyway. In the movie, she goes to a summer house after being brought back to life and starts macking on some little girl's dad or some shit. Then she fight ghosts and some other weird shit. Well....just thought I'd remind you.

{insert troll face here}[/QUOTE]

If you're going to photoshop movie posters and make up fake plotlines, you could atleast put [i]some[/i] effort into it, jeez.

Neiteio

Fersis said:
The CPU AI never plays at high level.
At least not while fighting games keep using static pattern based AI.

Read this paper.
Well, I don't mean "high level" as in tourney players, but there's at least a range of AI settings you can choose from for the CPU, isn't there? For instance, I'd always crank the CPU AI to the max in SSFIV and watch them fight each other.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Neiteio said:
Well, I don't mean "high level" as in tourney players, but there's at least a range of AI settings you can choose from for the CPU, isn't there? For instance, I'd always crank the CPU AI to the max in SSFIV and watch them fight each other.
Who knows, maybe it will have a mode like ssf4 where you can watch other peoples replays online randomly.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Papercuts said:
If you're going to photoshop movie posters and make up fake plotlines, you could atleast put some effort into it, jeez.

Really.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
QisTopTier said:

It's just presentational flair. Sure it looks nice and it's awesome that they do, the more eye candy the nicer things are *helps with game sales too*, but you can't be serious if you think they actually matter in the long run.

Its so much more fun watching and playing on the SSFIV stages cause they are so dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom