• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Jintor

it's so cool the zoo crew characters are sneaking into animation via MHA

gang orca is going to be so fucking boss when he gets to shine (no real spoilers there)

Meffer

Now I'm really curious how he lost his nose. I don't think my theory holds water since he still had his conviction then before becoming Stain.

Geez, you guys weren't kidding about the Avengers pastiche. Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Cap... and then Bucky!

Wao.

Goes to show how dangerous Preptime Stain is, though.

This was a fantastic chapter.

I had figured the author just changed Muscles design initially, but I'm glad I was wrong and the radio forest villain is still in play.

Ashido was great as well. She truly is the
2nd
best girl. I hope she gets her own origin down the line.

Veelk

Banned
Ashido is awesome.

This also addresses the ongoing complaint in the anime thread about how people with crappy quirks are out of luck. Who'd have guessed that Kirishima's quirk was originally considered weak when he was in middle school?

We knew that people could train their quirks already, but I think this is the first time we've seen the full breadth that progression can go.

Ferulci

Awesome chapter,
especially Kirishima is my favorite character of that class. His no-confidence side is subtle and not overplayed.
And that breakdance encounter is perfect

Ugh, fantastic chapter. Kirishima actually parallels Deku in a ton of ways. And Mina was amazing. It's odd that she and Kirishima don't hang out more at UA, considering.

That thing about how most of the cast could be the protag of their own series stays true.

Chapter was so good ahido and kirishina are both great

Posted this in the anime thread but
https://twitter.com/heroaca_anime/status/882887323150569473
Some preview images of the new OP

MMRMK5h_d.jpg

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Super excited to see mountain guy get some screen time and to know he is his own character. And also that he carries a radio around with him, that's rad.

That out of the way, this is literally the Worst. Possible. Time. For. A. Flash. Back. I. Have. Ever. Seen. Like holy shit why? To explain why Kirishima got the courage to jump in front of that blow? but you just showed us he had the courage to! You don't need to explain the thing you just showed us! Like it's a rad ass flashback but fuuuuuuuuck I just want to see Gum knock the bird dude's shit through fifty layers of underground concrete.

Mina is so desperate for screen time she takes over someone else's origin story.

Ha! That's what I was thinking! I didn't give two shits about her, but thank god for
Kirishima's
flashback for showing me who the true hero of this story is! Tell Uraraka what a shit Bakugo was? Fuck no. That won't get shit done. Someone let Ashido know about this shit!

caliph95

Well this chapter conclusively proves it.

Mina is best girl.
And Kirishima is best boy,Kirishima clearly should dump BAkugou and go with Suneater they understand each oher and probably why they are mentored by FatGum inb4 he has the same origin

cntr

Banned
Ashido is awesome.

This also addresses the ongoing complaint in the anime thread about how people with crappy quirks are out of luck. Who'd have guessed that Kirishima's quirk was originally considered weak when he was in middle school?

We knew that people could train their quirks already, but I think this is the first time we've seen the full breadth that progression can go.
Yeah, A lot of quirks are secretly viable for heroics. Like Deku's mom might have "attracts small objects at short distances" as a power, but under the quirk system, she could train that to be "attracts big objects at huge distances". And training allows you to slightly alter the function of your quirk, so that theoretically could become "able to tear apart objects at a distance".

That said, some quirks probably are genuinely difficult to parlay into heroics. Like Bakugou's mom, I suspect that's the reason she didn't become a hero. Horikoshi's also mentioned that some quirks render you functionally disabled, and require you to get equipment to live a normal life.

Ugh, fantastic chapter. Kirishima actually parallels Deku in a ton of ways. And Mina was amazing. It's odd that she and Kirishima don't hang out more at UA, considering.

That thing about how most of the cast could be the protag of their own series stays true.
Mina's the coolest, yo. Judging from this chapter, I bet Mina doesn't even know Kirishima went to her school. I mean, just look at how he dyed and restyled his hair.

Gonna bet that thing about popular heros vs. true heroics will play into her character arc.

Still wondering what Deku will look like when he transforms and what his new style of fighting will be able to accomplish with all that power. Kirishima <3

NSESN

Still wondering what Deku will look like when he transforms and what his new style of fighting will be able to accomplish with all that power. Kirishima <3
All might transforms because of the accident. The buff form was his normal form before it. I doubt Deku will transform. It didn't look Nana transformed either.

All might transforms because of the accident. The buff form was his normal form before it. I doubt Deku will transform. It didn't look Nana transformed either.

The manga hints at Deku maybe being able to transform and even calls it All Might's "Muscle Form." Plus, All Might was quirkless, so it not like he has the ability to just go from his mangled body to a new form without it being apart of One For All.

caliph95

The manga hints at Deku maybe being able to transform and even calls it All Might's "Muscle Form." Plus, All Might was quirkless, so it not like he has the ability to just go from his mangled body to a new form without it being apart of All For One.
When did it hint that, also All Might already explained it just him flexing and we've been told and i think shown that All might was a gym junkie before getting OFA which is why it was easy for him and looked like that.

When did it hint that, also All Might already explained it just him flexing and we've been told and i think shown that All might was a gym junkie before getting OFA which is why it was easy for him and looked like that.
Pretty sure his true form would be closer to Sato before the accident.
yKgf19Z.png

Opl0QxW.jpg

cntr

Banned
Back when Deku uses One for All for the first time on that robot, his arm bursts out of his shirt as he activates it. So One for All causes your muscles to grow when you activate it, so All Might exaggerated that part of the ability to recreate his original muscular form. (i.e., the weak form is his "true form" because it's what he looks like now, but he was that bulky originally.)

Adult Deku is going to be more like Shimura Nana than All MIght.

That's not meant to be literal, yo.

NSESN

If muscle form was linked to One For All he wouldn't be able to make it,even for a few seconds, after the power depleted. Full Cowl already is Deku muscle form.

EDIT: Like Cntr said, All Might use the One For All power to maintain the form so when people can normally flex for few seconds, All Might used the OFA to literrally maintain it for hours.

Jintor

all might got super jacked w/o a quirk

wait, did sensei gift him o4a before that? i forget.

can you get into UA without a quirk?

caliph95

all might got super jacked w/o a quirk

wait, did sensei gift him o4a before that? i forget.

can you get into UA without a quirk?
Quirkless were more common back then and the tests could have been different
Though i don't think we got an actual timeline and my headcannon he got it before

Top Bottom